MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a catchy song , im sure it be a smash in the UK as long as its released at a good time.

p.s would make a nice christmas song.

all i know, i havent been able to stop listening to it, and when i do stop, its just in my head,

Wow. It IS uplifting. This is an amazing song. With a nice video, the cross-over appeal across the genres could b huge.

I´m not a fan when a U2 song becomes a big hit - and this sure as hell has the potential of being the biggest U2 song since Beautiful Day.

Yeah, I've been thinking about the video as well. There's a lot of potential for a Stay level of quality here. Let's hope they do it justice.

For the record, this got me listening to the Beach Clips again. Oh man, oh man oh man, 402 has got to be unreal. If 400 ended up sounding like this, I can't imagine what the band's done with 402, or even 404 for that matter. :drool:

Lancemc said:
Yeah, I've been thinking about the video as well. There's a lot of potential for a Stay level of quality here. Let's hope they do it justice.

For the record, this got me listening to the Beach Clips again. Oh man, oh man oh man, 402 has got to be unreal. If 400 ended up sounding like this, I can't imagine what the band's done with 402, or even 404 for that matter. :drool:
the potential for this new album is huge, and its hard to think it could upto another year before it happens, but could very well beworth the wait if this is anything to go by

Sounds great, and I agree about one thing too - 404 is probably gonna be amazing.

djerdap said:
I´m not a fan when a U2 song becomes a big hit - and this sure as hell has the potential of being the biggest U2 song since Beautiful Day.

See, I CAN'T understand that line of thinking. Just like people who only "Loved them back in the days, but their new stuff... groan...."

It seems we want 2 keep them 2 rselves.

We want groups 2 succeed, but when they succeed 2 much, we backlash. I don't get it.

It's good. Not great. Maybe it will grow on me. I get a super sugary sweet Beatles vibe from it and it doesn't really rub me the right way. It just doesn't seem to be anything BIG, if you know what I mean. It doesn't stick out.

It's pretty good, but those are my complaints.

The Disciple said:

See, I CAN'T understand that line of thinking. Just like people who only "Loved them back in the days, but their new stuff... groan...."

It seems we want 2 keep them 2 rselves.

We want groups 2 succeed, but when they succeed 2 much, we backlash. I don't get it.

You interpreted my words completely and utterly wrong.
When a song that is as catchy as it is becomes a hit and you hear it at every corner of the street, you get sick of it. You get sick that it gets compared with other bullshit that is out there on radio and TV. You get sick that the same people who listen some of that pop, shallow crap, love a U2 song, which does have a lot more depth than any other mainstream song today.

And... so what if someone loves their earlier stuff and not their latest? It´s all opinion, you know. I happen to love the Bomb.

On first blush, I enjoy this song a lot more than anything from HTDAAB (after I first listened to that album). It definitely doesn't live up to all of the monstrous hype, but I'm really loving it. :up:

djerdap said:

You interpreted my words completely and utterly wrong.
When a song that is as catchy as it is becomes a hit and you hear it at every corner of the street, you get sick of it. You get sick that it gets compared with other bullshit that is out there on radio and TV. You get sick that the same people who listen some of that pop, shallow crap, love a U2 song, which does have a lot more depth than any other mainstream song today.

And... so what if someone loves their earlier stuff and not their latest? It´s all opinion, you know. I happen to love the Bomb.

I see. And I understand, but personally, this time around, I got a kick out of Vertigo being everywhere and kids singing it. It had been a long time since U saw that w/ U2.

As 4 people who love their old stuff, I only have a problem when they criticize their new stuff without having bought a CD since Rattle & Hum. That close-minded mentality makes no sense.

shart1780 said:
It's good. Not great. Maybe it will grow on me. I get a super sugary sweet Beatles vibe from it and it doesn't really rub me the right way. It just doesn't seem to be anything BIG, if you know what I mean. It doesn't stick out.

It's pretty good, but those are my complaints.

Why do people on this forum have to force themselves to like a song just cos its U2? Its ordinary, say what you mean. Nothing outstanding. It probably belongs on a throwaway best of with that other rubbish done with Green Day. Although if this is a taster for a new album then its not going to break much new ground.

I'd argue that aside from OOTS and COBL, everything on ATYCLB (except maybe New York) is better than everything on HTDAAB. So yeah. Any kind of blanket statement like that is pretty much worthless. :shrug:

New York is awful. I think it's the only U2 song I actively dislike. Maybe that has been influenced by where I'm from, but I just think the song is rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom