MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterrrrr said:

You have so right, but be careful to wrtie something like that, the anti-mercy people can very easy be upset with that.

Mercy is one of the best songs they have done.

that's why i am whispering.

they can flame me all they want, I stand by my opinion.:wink:

Oh c'mon. "Better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB" - those are typical reactions when new U2 material arrives. This can't be measured with Walk On, Kite, City of Blinding Lights, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Original of the Species, Love and Peace or Else...

Peterrrrr said:

You have so right, but be careful to wrtie something like that, the anti-mercy people can very easy be upset with that.

Mercy is one of the best songs they have done.

I personally love Mercy , but for me Windows/ 400 is way BIGGER

Not that u2 don't deserve big hits , they do , after all they make 1st class music , but this song is such quite a piece ....

Guess I love it , coz I already loved 400 , and the fact it only improved

djerdap said:
Oh c'mon. "Better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB" - those are typical reactions when new U2 material arrives. This can't be measured with Walk On, Kite, City of Blinding Lights, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Original of the Species, Love and Peace or Else...
why cant it? personally i would say its better than any of them?, and i love all those songs you listed

Oh and Mercy is by far the most overrated song of the century.
Uninspired and practically boring. Window is far better (which is not so hard to be).

Yest it can, just like any other U2 song.

And it beats Mercy as far as I'm concerned.

KUEFC09U2 said:
why cant it? personally i would say its better than any of them?, and i love all those songs you listed

You see, my all-time-U2-defending friend, couple of months after this song, how the reactions will be different. It was like that with the previous two albums.

djerdap said:

U know , I love all the songs u posted , the 2 last albums are my favorite

And it's not like So I can praise a song I have to bash another this is bullshit , unfortunately flies here , true :shrug:

But just like People do love and Praise One and WOWY

Why can't the same be done with like OOTS and Windows ? :shrug:

djerdap said:

You see, my all-time-U2-defending friend, couple of months after this song, how the reactions will be different. It was like that with the previous two albums.

exactly, everybody goes bananas for new songs right after they are released

im sure people were saying the same things when sweetest thing and electrical storm were released, and people went super bananas over vertigo

but you need time to let it all sink it and gain perspective

GAGV said:
Wow, it's getting a FAR better response from hardcore U2 fans that any of us would've expected (with all the "Bonobole" and that).

Just wait for tomorrow... ("OMGZOR U@ IS TEH POP BAND WHERE IS THE GOOD OLD EXPERIMENTAL U2? BANO SOUNDS LIKE A HORSE!!!!!11")

At my first listening I must admit I didn't find it so good...

After several listenings... OOOHHHHH MMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDD :drool: :love: :crack:

amazing chorus, amazing lyrics, amazing sound.

I haven't heard it yet, and missed a few pages of this thread. Is it posted ANYWHERE???

ETA - just got a PM with a link to it. Downloading now :shifty:

THANK YOU!

:hyper:

Last edited:
I make a question , particularly for the likers-lovers of beach clip 400 , How do u feel bout it ? Did it macth ur expect ? Or it sinked ?

djerdap said:

how can you tell what my reactions or anyone elses reactions will be?, at this very moment i think it could be huge for the band

djerdap said:

ur so right....I know I will probably be one of those

J_NP said:
I make a question , particularly for the likers-lovers of beach clip 400 , How do u feel bout it ? Did it macth ur expect ? Or it sinked ?

I liked all the beach clips. 402 was my favorite, but 400 was a solid second. And Windows more than surpassed any expectations I could have had for that muddy beach clip. I've always grown a strong personal attachment to the lyrics. It's rather striking really when this song came into my life so timely.

So yeah, I like it a lot, and Rubin's definitely living up to the hype so far. I can't wait to see what he does with a full album. I mean, if 400 sounds THIS good, I can't imagine what 402 sounds like. :combust:

djerdap said:

HTDAAB is still hugely popular on this site, just look at the album polls. :confused:

J_NP said:

I loved 400, and thought it would become a great song but I never expected it to become as good as it did, I know people will say that in a few days I won't love it as much but I think it is one of the band's best

I made a version without the Radiohead intro and the DJ talk outtro:

*link removed by Bonochick - no links to commercially released material, even if it isn't out yet*

Makes it better to listen to ;) Especially if you're putting it on your iPod like me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lancemc said:

I've always grown a strong personal attachment to the lyrics. It's rather striking really when this song came into my life so timely.

Talk about it mate , too much coincidence here .....

Friday I had what i can call a "So Cruel " day

And now these lyrics , U can really relate , plus the melody , and the chorus , that line Oh Can't u see ...... It's somethin scares u can relate so much to that

In a nutshell , Lancemc and Irishteen agree with What i think

You know what the biggest problem with this song is?

It's that it's completely wet my appetite for new U2, and now we're not going to get any more for probably another year or longer. :wink: God I can't wait for a new album. As long as Rubin sticks with the band I'm a happy camper.

It's a good thing Window in the Skies is good enough to hold us over for however long it takes.

Man, can you imagine what 402 must sound like?? :love:

I'm sitting in class trying to listen to it the first couple times through headphones. On first listen, it's amazing. But I need to go home and play it through proper speakers (loud) and then I'll form my real opinion. :wink:

YAY NEW U2!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom