MERGED ---> So how is it? + Now that it has soaked in, what's your review of Windows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I love it. Very good, could be a very big song for U2.

Very Beatlesque, even more so than OOTS. Highlights: "oh oh oh oh" at 1:54 and later guitar at 2:16. Chorus is the kind that gets under your skin.

It sounds a lot like Beatles. More so than Original of the species.

Better than anything on ATYCLB and Bomb, and S. Thing or E. Storm aren't even in the same league.

It's great. Not what I hoped for, or expected, but it is very nice and pretty none the less.

So much wonderful stuff.

The verse at the end is really awesome. So different from the rest of the song.

the oh oh oh oh part, and the b-piece that settles in here along with the guitar solo.

Edge's guitar work is at it's best in a very long time. Bono and Edge complement eachother perfectly in this song.

Reminds me of why I love this band.

U2girl said:
It sounds a lot like Beatles. More so than Original of the species.

Better than anything on ATYCLB and Bomb, and S. Thing or E. Storm aren't even in the same league.

better than anything on HTDAAB...I agree

but better than anything on ATYCLB??

kite, beautiful day, walk on>>>>>>WITS

INMYOPININON:|

I love it. Very catchy chorus. Got into it from the very first listen. About 10 replays later it still sounds good. :wink:

Personally I'm extremely excited! The quality is crap and yet you can tell that the production is really good. It's a good sign for things to come with rubin.

im trying to avoid a "brand new" opinion but its really difficult not to think this song is among their best

I'd say the only songs on HTDAAB that can currently hold up to this are COBL and OOTS. ATYCLB has got Beautiful Day, Stuck, Walk On, Kite, and In A Little While, so that's way ahead. But sure think this could take the next album in a GOOD direction. Rubin's production is ace too. :up:

love it, think it will be a hit, possibly one of there best but cant quite judge that just yet, but upon first listen i would say so, but as said music is very subjective

As I posted in the other thread, it sounds like post Beattles John Lennon.

The song is good, but doesn't knock my socks off just yet.....perhaps it's a grower.

However, the production is light years better than HTDAAB and if this is the future of U2, Numby likes it alot.

Roland of Gilead said:
I love new U2 songs. I hope I love this one a year from now. That is the important question.

I was thinking exactly about that. I still have an appreciation for The Bomb, but it doesn't have that same impact on me as it has in 2004. I still consider it one of the better U2 albums, but I clearly remember calling Miracle Drug the best song since Lemon and now it's barely in my top 5 of the album. Those beach clips were guilty for that, I'm sure of it.

My opinion after 3 listens of Window - a very good pop song. Very infectious, it has the potential of becoming a huge hit (unfortunately). Highlight is definitely 2:30, when Bono sings the chorus lyrics quietly and than it gets up again... I'm sensing Rick Rubin had a lot to do with the great production in the song. Somehow I believe he would do a much better job on Bomb than Steve Lilywhite did (Original of the Species is a fine example, a song that could benefit a lot from a better production, or the before mentioned Miracle Drug).

Lowlight? Why the fuck every new U2 song has to have some kind of "oh, oh, oh"'s or "do, do, do"s? It is really annoying already.

A realy good song, one of the most happy songs they done. The only thing I miss is real high notes by Bono, his vocal performences on this song isnt the best one. He should use his voice more. But overall it is a very goods song. But it dosent beat Vertigo,SYCMIOYO,Yahweh,OOTS and COBL.

That opening sounded poor, and the first half of the song sounded like whole timing was off, I thought it was a little weird.

Maybe I'm just not used to 6/8.

Liked the lyrics and voice. Little too much falsetto for my liking, but overall good.

phillyfan26 said:
That opening sounded poor, and the first half of the song sounded like whole timing was off, I thought it was a little weird.

Maybe I'm just not used to 6/8.

Liked the lyrics and voice. Little too much falsetto for my liking, but overall good.
the opening was messed up due to an overlapping dose of radiohead

Peterrrrr said:
A realy good song, one of the most happy songs they done. The only thing I miss is real high notes by Bono, his vocal performences on this song isnt the best one. He should use his voice more. But overall it is a very goods song. But it dosent beat Vertigo,SYCMIOYO,Yahweh,OOTS and COBL.
i really cant remember the last time i heard bono hit a falsetto like that :| alot clearer than on SYCMIOYO

Wow, it's getting a FAR better response from hardcore U2 fans that any of us would've expected (with all the "Bonobole" and that).

Now imagine what the end result of 404 could be...

So, when is the next album coming out? :wink:

Peterrrrr said:

Vertigo can kiss my ass (TWICE!)

Man as much I love Leave Behind and Bomb , this song is just

The production is flawless

KUEFC09U2 said:
i really cant remember the last time i heard bono hit a falsetto like that :| alot clearer than on SYCMIOYO

The falsetto is much stronger then in a long time, but not the
non-falsetto voice, listen to the "shame" note, I think if it had been in the HTDAAB sessions it woulde be one step higher. But when this recording was made he had put on some weigtht and had back problems. When he sings the "out of here" line he sounds very shaky, he never sounded so shaky on HTDAAB.

Numb1075 said:
I like it, but I think Mercy is a lot better.:shh:

You have so right, but be careful to wrtie something like that, the anti-mercy people can very easy be upset with that.

Mercy is one of the best songs they have done.

wow, i really do not hear the awesomeness in this tune. what is so great about the production on this? bono sounds amazing, but the overall sound is incredibly cluttered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom