MERGED--> "Smile" + Deluxe U2:18 on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The link wont work for me, but no, "Smile" is not a new song.

It was a song recorded for either ATYCLB or HTDAAB (the latter, I believe) but didnt make the album. It was released in the Complete U2 though.

Its a great song:drool:
If you leave your email, Im sure someone could send it to you.

Easily my favourite Bomb era song. I cannot believe it did not make the album. It's certainly far superior to 'A Man and a Woman', for example. But they wouldn't have even had to cut a song. I would have loved a 12 song album by U2. Man, even include it with 'Mercy', 'Fast Cars' for a 14 track album! Now that would have been something....

Deluxe U2:18 on iTunes

In case this hasn't been posted elsewhere, on iTunes Ireland there's a link to a new version that you can pre-order of U2:18. It has the normal track listing of 18 songs, plus Vertigo, I Will Follow, Elevation, ISHFWILF, All I Want is You, COBL, Sometimes..., Miss Sarajevo and With or Without You live from Milan (audio I presume), as well as a pre-order only bonus of Smile and a digital booklet.

i'm sorry but in my opinion that's a DIRE choice of song for a bonus track. I liked it at first (along with a lot of the Bomb era unreleased stuff from the digital box) but in time I grew to realise it really isn't that much, I can listen to it without skipping but surely another track would have been nicer. Another one they haven't released on the iTunes box? I'd be skinned for saying Mercy since that's a dirty word here but that would be cool...:)

gareth brown said:
i'm sorry but in my opinion that's a DIRE choice of song for a bonus track.

I agree. Other than the gawd-awful Flower Child (urgh) Smile is the worst U2 song since Playboy Manision (double-urgh).

Mercy, Levitate, Native Son ..... even Love You Like Mad would have been a better choice.

This is annoying, I'd like the audio versions of Milan, but I'd rather have the physical DVD.

I'm sure someone will rip the audio and have it on here by like the 22nd though :wink:

powerhour24 said:
This is annoying, I'd like the audio versions of Milan, but I'd rather have the physical DVD.

I'm sure someone will rip the audio and have it on here by like the 22nd though :wink:

the audio versions of Milan have been around since uhhh... the day after the gig... so they're already available :wink:

I didn't like Smile that much, I'd vote for Levitate if they'd release one from that set, since Mercy is already bitched over for too long...

Back
Top Bottom