MERGED-->New Best Of features live from Milan CD...+ U218 Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BANZAI

War Child
U218 Singles

Found this on U2.com!

'U218 Singles'...

.. is the title of the single CD 'best of' coming in just a few weeks. Featuring 16 of the band's best known songs, 'U218 Singles' also includes two new tracks produced by Rick Rubin at Abbey Road Studios last month. A limited edition bonus live CD comes with it... and a DVD's on the way too.

Still waiting to hear about the tracklisting on 'U218 Singles' but the bonus live CD will feature 10 songs from the Vertigo Tour stop in Milan last year while the 'best of' DVD is a collection of videos from 'U218 Singles'.

The first of the two new tracks is the collaboration with Green Day on The Skids’ 'The Saints Are Coming', released as a single later this month.

I like the bonus live CD idea!!! :drool:

And really love the best of DVD idea! :drool: :drool:

:| 10 songs from Milan and the DVD likely from studio videos. And we got the singles on CD again.

It will really come down to the new song for me.

Wow, this just totally fails. I almost exclaimed "YES!" at the prospect of a live CD, and then I read it is from Milan. Now, I know that was a good show, but for a collection of this supposed 'definitive' calibre, you would think U2 would choose some of their most significant performances - say, Bad at Live Aid, Please in Sarajevo, stuff like that. They wouldn't even need to go through and listen to every show, or even many; just include those that stick out as notable in their minds, or the best performances from the iTunes-only releases of 2004. But no, all we get is some stuff from Milan. Let's hope they at least have the good sense to use The Electric Co. and Zoo Station and such.

Oh, and the title of U218 Singles means that those hoping for Bad can forget about it now, as it wasn't a single. There goes UTEOTW and Gone too.

Still sucks......just want the new single and that's it......everything else is a waste.
And the new single better not be that bloody contemporary and contemptible Christian rock song 'All my Life.' LAMEST CHORUS EVER (and the verses are just as bad I guess).
Once again......MmMMMmmEEEEeeEeeERrrrRRrRccCccCCCCCyYYYYyYyyYyYYY!

ALL MY LIFE I'VE WAITED FOR BUT I THOUGHT I NEEDED MORE
ALL MY LIFE I'VE WAITED FOR THIS MOMENT I'M IN.:drool: :wink:

The bonus disc sounds very like what Blur did when they released their best of with a bonus cd of live versions of 10 of the tracks from an 18-track best of. Except we probably have enough versions of Streets et al to go around. This is quite disappointing. I agree with Axver's comments above that it would have been better to put some excellent versions of live tracks on. But still I suppose it's something. At least we get something for our money other than one new U2 track!

Why only 10 songs from Milan? Surely around 14 songs would fit. I also assume this means the cancellation of the Milan DVD.

Guess on bonus CD tracklist? I assume it would be in support of of main disc, so the tracks should be the same. Of course, having different tracks would be a nice boost for fans such as ourselves.

I see the DVD in two lights. a) it maybe shows that U2 had no intentions of releasing this disc with the book anyway b) we will have 80's and 00's videos on dvd = good

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1309.html

1. Vertigo
2. I Will Follow
3. Elevation
4. New Year's Day
5. Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. All I Want Is You
8. City Of Blinding Lights
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. Where The Streets Have No Name
13. One
14. With Or Without You

From that show, these are the tracks I think could make it. Since U2.communication included ISHFWILF & With or Without You from this show, that cuts it to 12 possibilities, and of those I doubt AIWIY & COBL will make it. That gives us this tracklist:

01 Vertigo
02 I Will Follow
03 Elevation
04 New Year's Day
05 Beautiful Day
06 Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
07 Sunday Bloody Sunday
08 Pride (In The Name of Love)
09 Where The Streets Have No Name
10 One

I'm dissapointed again....
I will probably love the live CD but it seems to me that they are not even prepared to do anything with any kind of effort... And it's always like that whit their "bonus" material...
Look at ZOO TV DVD - 2nd disc has so much possibilities and it's half-baked... I mean ZOO TV was multimedia extavaganza, and this bonus DVD is not even Multimedia...
same as live cd - U2 are at the top of their game when they play live, and again they make no effort at all...

I will mybe buy it, but again I think that they are not treating us fair.. we follow them for so long and we deserve to be SPOILT by U2!!!! We spoiled them but they are not returnign the favour :)

What a joke. :down:

We don't get the much anticipated Milan DVD, instead we get a ridiculous 10-track live CD from the show (and some of the songs will probably be those already released from this show). that is, if you agree to pay overprice for the 'special edition', of course.

and another collection of videos :yuck:. they did that with the two former best ofs too.

how about putting the Milan DVD in the CD package instead? :banghead:

that new song better be damn good.

It's official,

Most of you people are never satisfied with anything. You guys suck so bad. I would hate to live in the same house with you guys. I could see coming home with some flowers and hearing "I wanted white roses instead of red." Or being your server in a restaurant and you sending your food back. You are miserable. You guys are the ones who complain about Christmas presents your old or poor but sweet relatives get you.

I have every singles, album, dvd, book that U2 has put out and I think this singles set sounds great still. Would you guys prefer nothing. You guys suck a__. Shame on you for complaining yet again.

Anticipation said:
It's official,

Most of you people are never satisfied with anything. You guys suck so bad. I would hate to live in the same house with you guys. I could see coming home with some flowers and hearing "I wanted white roses instead of red." Or being your server in a restaurant and you sending your food back. You are miserable. You guys are the ones who complain about Christmas presents your old or poor but sweet relatives get you.

I have every singles, album, dvd, book that U2 has put out and I think this singles set sounds great still. Would you guys prefer nothing. You guys suck a__. Shame on you for complaining yet again.

Yeah right! I just know, that U2 (or its recording co.) won't make me a fool nor a blindsheep ever... I'm a U2, but I'm not stupid. If I'm not satisfied as a fan and as a consumer, and if I see that these strategies are just lame and moneygrab, I have no problem about telling it. If you do, that's up to you...

Anticipation said:
It's official,

no man, you got it wrong..it only means that you are nothing more than a mediocrity :)
I mean I'm sorry but if you are satisfied with something superficial and half-baked good for you but....hm...

There is a good quote in one book fromTerry Pratchett wher he says:

"They say that there are two kind of people - optimist will say that the glass is half-fulll and pessimist that it's half-empty. But there is one other kind and they are the winners - they say: "What? THIS?!! This is not MY Glas!!! My Glas is bigger and FULL!!!!"

It's not exact quote but the meaning is the same :)
that means that we wouldn't liek to live with you too - we would spent mediocre and dull life like that...
sorry for being harsh but I have to wake you up :)

Anticipation said:
It's official,

:lmao: I think some of the complaining from a few people gets a little ridiculous :)wave: hola amigo!), but that post is just too funny.

Nothing personal to our Chilean friend, I actually enjoy arguing with him.

New Best Of features live from Milan CD...

10 tracks from the Milan concert are to come with the new Best Of...

Now, Adam said the Milan DVD was cancelled, but why would they release 10 live tracks from it then?

404:rockon: 402 sweet performance from Larry:bonodrum: that is what i hear from the beach versions. I just don't think 402 has the legs to make it as a single over 404. Main stream v slip stream. But you never know what a few days in the studio with
Mr Rubin might turn out.

U2Man said:
What a joke. :down:

We don't get the much anticipated Milan DVD, instead we get a ridiculous 10-track live CD from the show (and some of the songs will probably be those already released from this show). that is, if you agree to pay overprice for the 'special edition', of course.

and another collection of videos :yuck:. they did that with the two former best ofs too.

how about putting the Milan DVD in the CD package instead? :banghead:

that new song better be damn good.

Hopefully it'll be reasonably priced.
I think the live CD is sort of a token to fans who wanted Milan, because they had decided against releasing the video.

So people stop petitioning them to release the DVD.
The live tracks seem to be a token gesture and should indicate to fans who want the DVD that it's not coming.

In fact, the Milan tracks are just another marketing strategy. Because there are fans that are praising and unpatiently waiting for the Milan DVD and the record co. knows that they will buy it because of those bonus, because it's something worthy and new, and because it feeds the flame for a outdoors Vertigo DVD.

Galeongirl said:
it sucks! I already HAVE the audio of the damn show, I want a dvd!!! :angry:

who cares what you want....get a grip man, you are only complaining...

damn...I'm witing too much posts today, that's not good

Back
Top Bottom