MERGED-->New Best Of features live from Milan CD...+ U218 Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man said:
Having read this thread, I really now see what Larry means in U2byU2 about militant fans.

I am definately not one to just blindly follow U2. I have many criticisms of the band, most I have stated in here from time to time. I dont really agree with another best of album either. But really, to complain about a bonus live CD is just ridiculous!

The amount of whining is almost laughable. Its definately embarrassing. People are just not happy with ANYTHING that band do here! Its very sad. I forwarded this thread to some friends outside the forum and it is has just been laughed at. Everyone is so fucking spoilt! Take a look at yourselves! People are laughing at you!!

For the record, I am very much looking forward to a package that includes a couple of new songs and a live CD. It would have been nice to see them just release the live CD instead, even with 10 tracks. Hey, its two more than Under a Blood Red Sky had! Good on 'em for the live CD.

:applaud: :up:

ok its taken time but i reckon these are the 18 songs which will appear on the new ablum but not in this order! I started with 25 songs which could possibly be on there and had to squeeze them into 16! the last few were extremely hard. Remember this is the 18 songs i think and not nesassary what i would like.

i will follow
new years day
sunday bloody sunday
pride
where the streets
with or without you
i still hav'nt found
desire
angel of harlem
one
even better than the real thing
mysteroius ways
sweetest thing
beautiful day
elevation
vertigo
saints
new song

the other songs which were very very close were Sometimes, walk on, HMTMKMKM, all i want is you.

Guys, stop whining and complaining! Let's just lap up whatever the band puts out without questioning it.

Zootlesque said:
Guys, stop whining and complaining! Let's just lap up whatever the band puts out without questioning it.

Or alternatively criticise but don't self-indulge in a bitch fest for your own pleasure.

Chizip said:
the whining about the fans is as big a drag on this forum as the whining about u2

I can understand someone like, say KUEFC much more than the umpteenth version of "It's clear my friends :sad: " or "Bano can't sing!!" though.

phanan said:

Well, when certain people keep posting the same thing over and over again, you tend to get tired of it.

dont become a monster to defeat a monster :wink:

Chizip said:
the whining about the fans is as big a drag on this forum as the whining about u2

so some people dont like the idea of the best of, so what, cant you disagree with them without the insults?

:love:

whining is fine. supporting anything they do is fine. it's when a 50% of a thread consists of complaining about one or the other that it gets ridiculously annoying. :huh:

And we're back on topiiiiiiiiic...............NOW!

I wonder if the DVD bonus , if it's really the case will have , besides the milan footage , any bonus :hmm:

Last edited:
I didn't read the whole thing, but this new CD will have a song by Terry Pratchett called "Bigger Glass" on it? I'm just confused. I didnt know he had anything to do with U2.

phillyfan26 said:
Can't we all just get along?

OOTS with guitar an orchestra :drool:

:drool:

This brings me back memories , like listing to Milan boot , this OOTS , though I don't know if the one used will be from 20 or 21 , anyway flyin on to watch my 1st u2 concert and listenin to it ....

Hell it's so fucking amazing , only Bono and Edge and the piano on the 1st verse , Edge slowly playin the chords , then the orchestra and the rest of the band enters in the chorus

Amazin

Last edited:
sycmioyo said:
I didn't read the whole thing, but this new CD will have a song by Terry Pratchett called "Bigger Glass" on it? I'm just confused. I didnt know he had anything to do with U2.

:lol:

You should read the whole thing.

I'm hoping the live CD has no cross-over tracks with the Best Of CD - with the possible exception of Vertigo).

We could then have 27 or 28 different singles over 2 disks:-

U2:18 Singles
------------------
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
Desire
All I Want Is You
One
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Numb or Lemon or Stay
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Discotheque
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
The Saints Are Coming
Window in the Sky

U2:10 Live from Milan
----------------------------
I Will Follow
Elevation
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Miss Sarajevo
The Fly
Original of the Species
All Because Of You
Vertigo (again)

i am hoping that the live cd has no crossover tracks from u2.communition

that means NONE of the following:
I Still Haven't Found
With Or Without you
and especially MISS SARAJEVO, which was already on BOTH U2.Communication AND the All Because Of You SINGLE

a triple repeat for that track would be a waste of time.

but i can almost guarantee that it will be on this disc too. because at the end of the day, it is too damned powerful to omit.

but who knows.
the singles for ATYCLB had songs from Mexico City that WEREN'T on HASTA LA VISTA
(discotheque / if you wear that velvet dress) = Beautiful Day
(last night on earth) = Elevation

hopefully the same will hold true here. In the age of the ipod, they should skip the repeats.

my guess for the live cd (which i am totally pumped about, no matter what ends up on it, i might add)

so, looking at my U2 iTunes box set, i'll list which songs already have x many official live versions released previously...

Vertigo, (2)
I Will Follow, (8) OMIT
The Electric Co., (2)
Elevation, (1)
New Year's Day, (3)
Beautiful Day (2)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, (2)
All I Want Is You, (2)
City of Blinding Lights, (1)
Miracle Drug, (1)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, (1)
Love and Peace or Else, (0)
Sunday Bloody Sunday, (2)
Bullet the Blue Sky, (4) OMIT
Miss Sarajevo, (1)
Pride, (1)
Where the Streets Have No Name, (4) OMIT
One (2)
Zoo Station, (0)
The Fly, (2)
With or Without You, (3)
Original of the Species, (0) SHOE IN
All Because of You, (1)
Yahweh (0)

Though there is no real way to know, I would assume the band will stay away fro mmost of the tracks aleready released on cd from the Vertigo Tour (if people are right in thinking the bonus disc is to entice die hards to buy the best of), so that means omitting the 2 songs from Milan from U2.Communication AND the other songs from Chicago.

Plus pmitting any song on the set already released at least 4 times (of course this is all arbitrary, it is just how I would do it)… that would leave

The Electric Co., (2)
New Year's Day, (3)
Beautiful Day (2)
All I Want Is You, (2)
Sunday Bloody Sunday, (2)
Pride, (1)
One (2)
Zoo Station, (0)
Original of the Species, (0) SHOE IN
All Because of You, (1)
Yahweh (0)…

But since I can’t imagine this cd without COBL, or VERTIGO, add those back in. And if we omit the live tracks that were already included on MAJOR releases (i.e. albums like R&H and UABRS), that leaves. But leave Electric CO because it deserves to stay:

Beautiful Day (2)
All I Want Is You, (2)
One (2)
Zoo Station, (0)
Original of the Species, (0)
All Because of You, (1)
Yahweh (0)…
VERTIGO
COBL
ELECTRIC CO

I think that all this proves that there is no scientific way to get the perfect tracklist and that most of these live songs are already out there in some form, and that we should be excited about the fact that we are getting anything at all. And if not, just not buy it. But I will be. The only songs I can say are high probabilities are:

VERTIGO
COBL
ELECTRIC CO
Original of the Species, (0)
Beautiful Day (2)
Zoo Station, (0)

But who the hell knows. I am guessing Miss Sarajevo will be on this disc regardless of the fact that it is already on 2 other cds. Because it is that powerful. And it would go nicely with OOTS (with orchestra)

We’ll see

chocky said:
I'm hoping the live CD has no cross-over tracks with the Best Of CD - with the possible exception of Vertigo).

We could then have 27 or 28 different singles over 2 disks:-

U2:18 Singles
------------------
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride (In the Name of Love)
With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
Desire
All I Want Is You
One
Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Numb or Lemon or Stay
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Discotheque
Sweetest Thing
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
The Saints Are Coming
Window in the Sky

U2:10 Live from Milan
----------------------------
I Will Follow
Elevation
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Miss Sarajevo
The Fly
Original of the Species
All Because Of You
Vertigo (again)

I was thinking the same. It would be such a pity if the DVD contain the same songs of the CD :(

U2Man said:
so the talk about a live dvd was a hoax?

No, it's just that no one is certain whether the Deluxe U2:18 will have a bonus CD or bonus DVD.

We know for sure that there will be a U2:18 dvd of music videos, just like the 1990-2000 Best Of DVD. This, like that one, will be sold separately.

However, for the Deluxe U2:18 album itself, we've got two groups of sources with different information. U2.com says there will be a bonus CD with the album. However, every international Universal website (i.e., universal.com, universal.ie, a Swiss site, and some others) and some commercial music sites (i.e., play.com) all list the deluxe album's bonus disc as a DVD. Due to the fact that U2.com has been wrong a billion times before, and that most of us kind of trust a half dozen sites--most of which include the mother company actually releasing the album and products--over the frequently wrong u2.com, most of us are thinking that the bonus will be a DVD. It makes sense, too-----most deluxe cd's released nowadays come with a bonus DVD, not a bonus CD.

My guess is that the people posting above who are talking about a bonus live CD either 1). trust u2.com over everyone else, or 2). haven't read the threads & sites that indicate a DVD release.

Haven't written anything here in ages. It seems that u2.com have gotten their act together at last alright. I was at those two Milan gigs last year and the second one was far superior so hopefully that's the one they release. Electric Co better be on it. It'll make the Chicago version look lame.

the milan tracks should be

Electrico Co
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes
Love and Peace
Miss Sarajevo
Zoostation
The Fly
Original of the Species
Yahweh
Vertigo

Now that there is a confirmation , why not change the thread title already ?

Re:

I wouldn't be surprised if u2 had 10 milan tracks on the cd/dvd version of the best of and then for the single dvd collection sold seperately had the rest of the milan concert. That would be a good marketing ploy to make us buy both (not that I want to buy both.......)

BTW - I was sorta hoping that the missing tracks from boston 2001 were released as bonus tracks on one of the dvd's. It would be nice to have that concert complete.

Back
Top Bottom