MERGED-->New Best Of features live from Milan CD...+ U218 Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ponkine said:
YOU WANTED THE BEST YOU GOT IT !

THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD ...

KISS !!!!

What the fuck are you talking about.
Jesus, you're less funny when you try to be fucking funny.

tuwie said:
the milan will most likely have miss sarajevo...for sure...

:yes: It pretty much has to---otherwise there's almost no reason to have chosen Milan. :yes:

Then again...could it be the fansites got it wrong and U2.com is right and Milan songs will be on CD, not DVD?

BigMacPhisto said:
Ugh, DVD isn't all that inspiring. They should instead re-release The Best Of 1980-1990 on DVD with the following bonus videos:

1. Street Mission
2. Life On A Distant Planet
3. A Day Without Me (studio track set to Leixlip Castle footage)
4. 11 0'Clock Tick Tock (studio track set to Leixlip Castle footage)
5. Gloria
6. A Celebration
7. Two Hearts Beat As One
8. Two Hearts Beat As One (Alternate Studio Video)
9. Bad (from The Unforgettable Fire Video Collection)
10. A Sort Of Homecoming (from The Unforgettable Fire Video Collection)
11. Spanish Eyes (from "Outside It's America" MTV documentary)
12. In God's Country (from "Outside It's America" MTV documentary)
13. Desire (Hollywood Remix)
14. Night And Day

Don't get me wrong, this DVD will still be quite cool as only a handful of the video clips will have been released on DVD. And let's hope that the video for "One" is the Buffalo version, which was strangely MIA from the Best Of 1990-2000 DVD.
You forget
15. Red Hill Mining Town (unreleased)
16. The Fool (Live on TV)
17. Stories For Boys (Live TV)
18. The Electric Co (official live promo video)

:drool:

U2girl said:
Then again...could it be the fansites got it wrong and U2.com is right and Milan songs will be on CD, not DVD?

of cource its possible - but I think U2.com has made the mistake -

we now have three different sources which say Milan is DVD

1. Universal Irland
2. Universal Germany (It's told on U2.tour.de)
3. the Swiss-Fan Site

3 to 1. My money is on Universal. And I love it!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I do not think I buy it. I have way too many U2's greatest hits CDs... and the Live from Milan does not do much, given all the bootlegs I have from this last tour.

I will just get the new song from Kazaa or eMule... :evil:

It got interesting for me now, (if the milan bonus is indeed a DVD).

18 Singles...mmm.......

1. Where the streets have no name
2. I will follow
3. New Year's Day
4. Sunday Bloody Sunday
5. Pride
6. Still haven't found
7. Desire
8. The Fly
9. Even Better than the real thing
10. One
11. Stay
12. Beautiful Day
13. Walk On
14. Vertigo
15. Saints
16. Window in the sky

Extra track: Out of control

U2@NYC said:
I do not think I buy it. I have way too many U2's greatest hits CDs... and the Live from Milan does not do much, given all the bootlegs I have from this last tour.

I will just get the new song from Kazaa or eMule... :evil:

everyone knows kazaa is a death trap.

I would love Milan bonus DVD to feature whole zoo tv encore (zoo station + the fly), or at least only Zoo Station!

The most I would prefer this tracklist:

1. COBL (best HTDAAB song live along with Vertigo and Love and Peace, also you gotta love the visuals!)
2. Love and Peace (see above)
3. SBS (to complete the WAR trilogy)
4. Bullet (it really has got better by the second leg, especially the "home!" part)
5. Miss Sarajevo (the definitive version of the song)

***CUT*** (fuck the Africa encore please)

6. Zoo Station (best visuals and theatrics of the tour)
7. The Fly (great version of the song with kick-ass visuals)
8. OOTS (another definitive performance? only Conan performance has a chance of beating it)
9. Yahweh (gotta love the visuals!)
10. Vertigo x2 (see communication CD as a reason)

Though most probably it will contain ISHFWILF, WOWY (both were already released) and something off the Africa encore.

Also the visuals for miracle drug where really good that nighy (communication cd screen saver).

But that probably wont make it in,

According to the Universal Music Group's site, the deluxe version is a CD/DVD. No further details posted there yet. Sorry if this info has already been posted :reject:

powerhour24 said:
Now we know that it's not just most well known songs but they have to be singles, so songs like Sweetest Thing are out.

What are you talking about?

Sweetest Thing was a HUGE single in 1998, both on the radio and commercially. It was released as a single to promote the Best Of 1980-1990.

namkcuR said:

Sweetest Thing was a HUGE single in 1998, both on the radio and commercially. It was released as a single to promote the Best Of 1980-1990.

Yes, it was a single, but literally was a hit and miss song :shrug:

Of course any "new song" destined for a Greatest Hits album has success guaranteed because Greatest Hits album are a smash most of the time :sigh:

Even the band forgot the song, it was played a few times during Elevation Tour and then it was burried. The same thing happened with The Hands That Built America, and Electrical Storm wasn't even played live.

Don't forget that HMTMKMKM was a bigger hit than Sweetest Thing. Same as Theme From Mission Impossible

Finally, Discotheque was a bigger hit, specially in Europe and the UK (and way better song) than Sweetest Thing :rockon: :camera: :bow:

single-discotheque.jpg

PS: Why The Saints Are Coming contains Boom Chas? ;)

The Sweetest Thing was huge here in the States. It was on the radio constantly. I actually hated it back then because I'd heard it so much. :huh: I like it more now than I used to.

Utoo said:
The Sweetest Thing was huge here in the States. It was on the radio constantly. I actually hated it back then because I'd heard it so much. :huh: I like it more now than I used to.

:yes: It was really big among non-U2 fans as well(e.g. my sister).
I think they'll try to have a radio hit with that new song as well.

One of big reasons I will be buyin on the 1st week

OOTS with Edge on Guitar

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-07-202.jpg

And ......

Orchestra

200520-20Vertigo20Tour2F2005-07--1.jpg

:drool: :drool:

Utoo said:

I have to admit that I hated Numb at first because it was so much overplayed on the radio back in 1993 :uhoh: but now most of new U2 fans (2000 onwards) don't know it. Maybe now a bit after Zoo TV Sydney DVD release :shrug:

What I'm trying to say it's a big summer hit doesn't mean a timeless song :heart:

On the contrary, MANY of timeless songs weren't singles (Stairway To Heaven comes to mind :drool:)

I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With Or Without You
Desire
All I Want Is You
Mysterious Ways
One
Stay
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Saints
Window

Now that it's single-based, here's my final decision:

I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride
With or Without You
Where the Streets Have No Name
Desire
One
Mysterious Ways
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Sweetest Thing (Single Mix)
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own
The Saints are Coming
Window in the Sky

U218 Singles

I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In the Name of Love)
With or Without You
Desire
All I Want Is You
One
Mysterious Ways
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Discotheque (Best of Mix)
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
The Saints Are Coming
Window in the Sky

U2 Live From Milano, Italy

Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Pride
Miss Sarajevo
With or Without You
Original of the Species
Yahweh
Vertigo

Last edited:
How many of you people wear a diaper? Ive never seen a bigger batch of crybabies. If you dont want it dont buy it...the more I hear about it the more I want it.

Oasis may win in the UK as far as sales but I dont see them even coming close in the rest of the world.

Looking forward to it, I may have these songs but thank you for the bonus material. I am not complaining, the more material from U2 out there the better.

I start to wonder , when will the thread title change for

Features Live from Milan Dvd ?

:hmm:

Having read this thread, I really now see what Larry means in U2byU2 about militant fans.

I am definately not one to just blindly follow U2. I have many criticisms of the band, most I have stated in here from time to time. I dont really agree with another best of album either. But really, to complain about a bonus live CD is just ridiculous!

The amount of whining is almost laughable. Its definately embarrassing. People are just not happy with ANYTHING that band do here! Its very sad. I forwarded this thread to some friends outside the forum and it is has just been laughed at. Everyone is so fucking spoilt! Take a look at yourselves! People are laughing at you!!

For the record, I am very much looking forward to a package that includes a couple of new songs and a live CD. It would have been nice to see them just release the live CD instead, even with 10 tracks. Hey, its two more than Under a Blood Red Sky had! Good on 'em for the live CD.

bono_man said:
Having read this thread, I really now see what Larry means in U2byU2 about militant fans.

I am definately not one to just blindly follow U2. I have many criticisms of the band, most I have stated in here from time to time. I dont really agree with another best of album either. But really, to complain about a bonus live CD is just ridiculous!

The amount of whining is almost laughable. Its definately embarrassing. People are just not happy with ANYTHING that band do here! Its very sad. I forwarded this thread to some friends outside the forum and it is has just been laughed at. Everyone is so fucking spoilt! Take a look at yourselves! People are laughing at you!!

For the record, I am very much looking forward to a package that includes a couple of new songs and a live CD. It would have been nice to see them just release the live CD instead, even with 10 tracks. Hey, its two more than Under a Blood Red Sky had! Good on 'em for the live CD.

Bono_man be prepared to be flamed for saying that people "complain" too much. Trust me been there done that and got flamed badly!

bono_man said:

And I agree with you 100% BTW :)

U2 should drop 18 "atomic bombs" just for the people that complain...maybe they would finally leave us with some Peace On Earth.

the whining about the fans is as big a drag on this forum as the whining about u2

so some people dont like the idea of the best of, so what, cant you disagree with them without the insults?

Chizip said:
the whining about the fans is as big a drag on this forum as the whining about u2

so some people dont like the idea of the best of, so what, cant you disagree with them without the insults?

:up:

Back
Top Bottom