MERGED-->New Best Of features live from Milan CD...+ U218 Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2dork said:

See, this is part of the problem around here. People are so quick to jump to an opinion on something before they even have all of the details. Then they go on a posting rampage of why every one should feel exactly the same way they do. A single post of discontent is not enough, though. It has to be posted many times over in order for people to "win" the debate.

well, u2.com did say...

A limited edition bonus live CD comes with it

so trusting something u2.com says is "jumping the gun"?

Utoo said:

Blame u2.com----it's their own story that says a CD for Milan. Seeing as how Universal's site says DVD, it looks like u2.com f'd up again! :lol:

:lmao:

it all makes sense now, though, doesn't it? i mean the cancellation of the milan dvd.

Maybe they could use Miss Sarajevo as a single + music video to promote the album.

:drool:

1280.jpg

fucking sell outs :tsk:

Actually, I was referring to the posts and comments made even before U2.com gave any details about the release.

Someone earlier was questioning where the people were who aren't bitching about this release. There's no point in joining the discussion because there really isn't one going on. It's too bad really. I'd like to have a sane discussion with fans about this rather than reading posts by people who are trying to win a debate. Once upon a time, we could do that here.

U2dork said:
Actually, I was referring to the posts and comments made even before U2.com gave any details about the release.

Someone earlier was questioning where the people were who aren't bitching about this release. There's no point in joining the discussion because there really isn't one going on. It's too bad really. I'd like to have a sane discussion with fans about this rather than reading posts by people who are trying to win a debate. Once upon a time, we could do that here.

look - I'll teach you a lesson how to see what is important on the net, and especially on this forum:

Look for my posts, read them and forget everything else...and you will be in the kwon and you will be aware of the truth...

that's it - just don't mind my spelling and no worries eh...

Marko said:

you will be in the kwon

wow, someone watched Jerry Maguire on TBS this weekend. either that, or smoked something funny :eyebrow:

Utoo said:

wow, someone watched Jerry Maguire on TBS this weekend. either that, or smoked something funny :eyebrow:

Jerry Maguiere..no....where is the connection, I don't see it, it was unintentional :)

smoked something silly....ahem....

i am just excited at the prospect of getting the 80's song videos on dvd now.

and the new song.

and i guess i am excited about the idea of seeing milan footage.

Galeongirl said:

I'm not a man and I'm not ONLY complaining... usually I'm a sheep...This time it's different, I just want to see OOTS from Milan..

btw... get a grip man, you are only complaining about people who complain....

but that is the fun part...irony etc....and I'm sorry for calling you a man :wink:

Utoo said:

Let's hope this is true! If it's not and it's only an audio CD that comes as a bonus, then perhaps a DVD version of the tracks will be a bonus with the videos DVD.

So 2 versions then? :confused: I can't figure out the packaging combos here. A basic with 1 CD, and a deluxe with 1 CD and 2 DVDs?

U2Man said:
i think it's a terrible shame that we dont get the milan dvd, and this is a shitty kind of compensation, if that is what it is.
I don't think it's compesation for the DVD not coming out. They're not going to compansate us, they don't even have to actually, it was their money they spent on recording that show. The cd with the Milan songs is just a bonus for the Best Of in my opinion for the fans that have the two other best ofs and to get the new fans even more into them.

By the way do we know already if it's 10 songs that's going to be on the milan cd? I hope it's more!

Axver said:
Wow, this just totally fails. I almost exclaimed "YES!" at the prospect of a live CD, and then I read it is from Milan. Now, I know that was a good show, but for a collection of this supposed 'definitive' calibre, you would think U2 would choose some of their most significant performances - say, Bad at Live Aid, Please in Sarajevo, stuff like that. They wouldn't even need to go through and listen to every show, or even many; just include those that stick out as notable in their minds, or the best performances from the iTunes-only releases of 2004. But no, all we get is some stuff from Milan. Let's hope they at least have the good sense to use The Electric Co. and Zoo Station and such.

Oh, and the title of U218 Singles means that those hoping for Bad can forget about it now, as it wasn't a single. There goes UTEOTW and Gone too.

I know it's a bit disappointing Ax, but the idea isn't all that bad. I mean, if there will be no Milan DVD, at least they'll be getting the recordings out there somehow.

And, since this is a singles collection, maybe One Tree Hill will make it. :wink:

ntalwar said:

So 2 versions then? :confused: I can't figure out the packaging combos here. A basic with 1 CD, and a deluxe with 1 CD and 2 DVDs?

Here are the different version rumored so far, reported by different sites:

Reported by U2.com :eyebrow:

1. CD
2. CD with bonus CD of Milan audio

Reported by universal.ie & the Swiss site above
1. CD
2. CD with bonus DVD of Milan

In addition to those, it looks like the DVD version of U2:18 Singles----videos of the singles---will be a separate product, just like the Best Of 1990-2000 DVD was.

Hmmm......I wonder if there will be a video for the new song on that videos DVD...:hmm: :hyper:

i wouldn't be surprised if this was the only time ever that u2.com was right. :banghead:

:sad:

i wonder if we're getting both a live cd and dvd, kind of like coldplay release a couple years back.

Niceman said:
Would have prefered the CD actually, but DVD should be awesome.

why would you have preferred the CD? you can always rip the audio off the DVD, and still have the videos for the visuals!

Anticipation said:
It's official,

Most of you people are never satisfied with anything. You guys suck so bad. I would hate to live in the same house with you guys. I could see coming home with some flowers and hearing "I wanted white roses instead of red." Or being your server in a restaurant and you sending your food back. You are miserable. You guys are the ones who complain about Christmas presents your old or poor but sweet relatives get you.

I have every singles, album, dvd, book that U2 has put out and I think this singles set sounds great still. Would you guys prefer nothing. You guys suck a__. Shame on you for complaining yet again.

omf:lol:

I wonder if people are pissed now that in order to get the 80's videos on DVD they have to buy a DVD that has a majority of the videos from the 90-2000 DVD.

david said:
I wonder if people are pissed now that in order to get the 80's videos on DVD they have to buy a DVD that has a majority of the videos from the 90-2000 DVD.

There will be very little crossover (One, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day and maybe one or two others).

If this dvd of 18 is good as best of 90's , and only have 3 or 4 songs repeated , I'm sure I will be buying meanin .........

What I'll be buying

ZOOtv DVD
U2 by U2
U2 18 Deluxe
U2 18 DVD

I gonna need a new card :ohmy: :huh:

Back
Top Bottom