MERGED-->New Best Of features live from Milan CD...+ U218 Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Niceman said:
This is phenominal news!!!!!
It's been a long time....

Yeah, I have lots of bootlegs. I have the Communication ep, but finally a real U2 live album!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-ho!!!!!!

what about hasta la vista baby?

U2Man said:
i think it's a terrible shame that we dont get the milan dvd, and this is a shitty kind of compensation, if that is what it is.

according to oli at www.u2swisshome.com, we WILL get a 10-track MILAN DVD!

"we got this info from universal:

title: "U218 Singles"
release: november 17

formats:
CD
vinyl
CD+DVD (dvd with 10 tracks from milan 2005, NOT A CD!)
DVD (with video clips)

no tracklists mentioned.

we have the cover artwork here:

www.u2swisshome.com/d/news
or
www.u2swisshome.com/f/news"

hope this cheers SOME of you up (even though it's not the full show)

no that was when it was propaganda, back when theyre fan club was actually cool

I don't care - CD, live CD, and DVD of their music videos? Could be worse, could be better... I don't care, Just give me the new song...

bort269 said:

formats:
CD
vinyl
DVD (with video clips)

no tracklists mentioned.

or

So it IS the accompanying dvd/cd with the Book :)
I hope that site is right!

formats:
CD
vinyl
DVD (with video clips)

I really pray the Swiss-Guys are right. A Milan-DVD - that would be so cool!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:
but if you read the news on U2.com - I really doubt that thing with the Milan-DVD.

and on the DVD with video clips I want to see the unforgettable fire Clip - Please!!!!

nice cover by the way!!! sweet

That cover just confirm my theory: This infamous Best Of was originally intended for U2 by U2 Book Packaging :eyebrow:

Anyway, with a cover from the early years ... maybe they're going to include Gloria? :drool:

Also it seems they're going to include nothing but Single versions of songs :eyebrow:

release date Nov17?
hope so.....vertigo fifth leg at melbourne and new cd with an extra...hope it's right.........;)))))))))))

Axver said:
Wow, this just totally fails. I almost exclaimed "YES!" at the prospect of a live CD, and then I read it is from Milan. Now, I know that was a good show, but for a collection of this supposed 'definitive' calibre, you would think U2 would choose some of their most significant performances - say, Bad at Live Aid, Please in Sarajevo, stuff like that. They wouldn't even need to go through and listen to every show, or even many; just include those that stick out as notable in their minds, or the best performances from the iTunes-only releases of 2004. But no, all we get is some stuff from Milan. Let's hope they at least have the good sense to use The Electric Co. and Zoo Station and such.

:lmao: :lol: (is there a :yay: smiley here?)

I totally agree with Anticipation's post earlier. For months, people are demanding a live DVD of Milan 2005. Then they announce it as a bonus to the new compilation (granted, it's only a 10 song DVD, but still, that's 9 tracks more than the 1 Vertigo performance that's available at the moment) and everybody starts complaining again that they're releasing Milan 2005 (and not some other live tracks). This is too good and totally makes my day. :lmao:

I've read on a forum once that U2 fans are fucking stupid. The more I think about it, the more I agree with it.

:coocoo: <-- That's me! :D

Popmartijn said:

:lmao: :lol: (is there a :yay: smiley here?)

I totally agree with Anticipation's post earlier. For months, people are demanding a live DVD of Milan 2005. Then they announce it as a bonus to the new compilation (granted, it's only a 10 song DVD, but still, that's 9 tracks more than the 1 Vertigo performance that's available at the moment) and everybody starts complaining again that they're releasing Milan 2005 (and not some other live tracks). This is too good and totally makes my day. :lmao:

I've read on a forum once that U2 fans are fucking stupid. The more I think about it, the more I agree with it.

:coocoo: <-- That's me! :D

no one knew that it was a dvd until just recently :coocoo:

but if they are gonna give out a dvd, what's the point in only releasing 10 songs?

I'm totally happy - look what is said on Universal.ie

"U218 Singles will be released on CD and 12”vinyl, there will also be a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 live tracks from Vertigo//05 in Milan , Italy. This best of will also be released as a full length DVD with a collection of videos from U218 Singles."

:huh: :bonodrum: :hyper: :bow: :crazy: :dance:
Christmassssss!!!

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
I am really praying for the war-themed trilogy to be present on the live disc.

war theme + zoo tv material + orginal of the species + vertigo 2nd)

bort269 said:

formats:
CD
vinyl
DVD (with video clips)

no tracklists mentioned.

or

Let's hope this is true! If it's not and it's only an audio CD that comes as a bonus, then perhaps a DVD version of the tracks will be a bonus with the videos DVD.

Kinda funny how months ago, people were begging for a 1980-1990 DVD of the videos....now that this DVD will probably have at least half of those songs, folks aren't happy about it at all (and the other half are easily downloadable from people on this site and others).

If the cover on that site is correct, then it's a clear tie-in with the book, as expected.

As for missing the whole Milan show...U2 have been giving us incomplete shows for decades (Red Rocks, anyone?).

perrypickwick said:
I'm totally happy - look what is said on Universal.ie

"U218 Singles will be released on CD and 12”vinyl, there will also be a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 live tracks from Vertigo//05 in Milan , Italy. This best of will also be released as a full length DVD with a collection of videos from U218 Singles."

:huh: :bonodrum: :hyper: :bow: :crazy: :dance:
Christmassssss!!!

Awesome----two different sources saying the Milan stuff is a DVD. :up:

I kind of wonder if the plans to make the Milan DVD bottomed early on, but then this bonus is a result of all the fan-led push for it. And to make getting U218 worthwhile for put-out "diehards."

Getting Milan songs on DVD is nice, but won't this definitely bury any chance of getting that show in full on DVD?

i would just like to mention that if U2 doesn't include HMTMKMKM on the new Best Of like i petitioned for, i will claim that U2 is not the same band they once were because they refused to do what i wanted them to do.

thank you.

Didn't Hamish Hamilton say Milan is coming out in 2005?

(Bono, Larry and Adam 2006 fan info aside)

Interesting....so that is

1. Single Disc Album
2. Deluxe Album + 10 Track Milan DVD
3. DVD Version of Album

Sounds a lot like the 1990-2000 release, but with Milan DVD in the deluxe, as opposed to B-Sides.

I am guessing the 10 tracks will be mirrored from the music album.

i just hope that oots is among the 10 tracks. would still have loved to see an entire show. don't really get why they're only putting 10 songs on it. seems silly.

I guess they could have put a full Milan DVD out, but possibly
a) Didn't want to oversaturate the market
b) Weren't happy with some tracks

Better 10 than just Vertigo, though.

Hoping for OOTS too. That and Miss Sarajevo.

thelaj said:
I guess they could have put a full Milan DVD out, but possibly
a) Didn't want to oversaturate the market
b) Weren't happy with some tracks

Could be.
Also, the first night was largely unrecorded due to a power cut in the video room. So they only had material from the second night. Now, if something's wrong with that stuff, then those songs won't see the light of day.

U2Man said:

no one knew that it was a dvd until just recently :coocoo:

See, this is part of the problem around here. People are so quick to jump to an opinion on something before they even have all of the details. Then they go on a posting rampage of why every one should feel exactly the same way they do. A single post of discontent is not enough, though. It has to be posted many times over in order for people to "win" the debate.

I prefer the Milan 21st show myself, but I think they *should* choose the most visually impressive songs. Oh, and OOTS, since it is MUCH better with Edge on guitar.

U2dork said:

See, this is part of the problem around here. People are so quick to jump to an opinion on something before they even have all of the details. Then they go on a posting rampage of why every one should feel exactly the same way they do. A single post of discontent is not enough, though. It has to be posted many times over in order for people to "win" the debate.

Blame u2.com----it's their own story that says a CD for Milan. Seeing as how Universal's site says DVD, it looks like u2.com f'd up again! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom