MERGED-->New Best Of features live from Milan CD...+ U218 Singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This SUX...U2 product before Christmas with a DVD of some videos that have never been released on DVD before? This is ludicrous!!! And a Live CD of material never officially released?!?!? The nerve of U2!!!

Where's my Milan DVD that I PETITIONED for? Where is the obscure tracks that only me and my 10,000 other friends will buy? Where are those? What about all my other wishes too?!?!?! These U2 guys don't listen to their fans....bastards!!!

:rolleyes:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
This SUX...U2 product before Christmas with a DVD of some videos that have never been released on DVD before? This is ludicrous!!! And a Live CD of material never officially released?!?!? The nerve of U2!!!

Where's my Milan DVD that I PETITIONED for? Where is the obscure tracks that only me and my 10,000 other friends will buy? Where are those? What about all my other wishes too?!?!?! These U2 guys don't listen to their fans....bastards!!!

:rolleyes:

I second this....I couldn't put it any better...
rage, oh the rage...!

To those that care:

u2 will face competition for the number 1 spot on the 20th from robbie williams , guns and roses and oasis.

Be intresting who will get 2nd spot.

Oasis will defo get number 1 , at least in the UK

This is only good news for those who weren't initally pleased with the album anouncement. Geez. Get over it already. Personally I'm looking forward to it more than ever. New live tracks and finally some of the 80's videos on DVD, plus a brand new song from the Abbey Road sessions. You know, for a release this unimportant it's shaping up to be a pretty nice catch to hold me over until the new album.

And to whoever it was talking about winners and full glasses and stuff, fuck you. Anticipation may have been a out of line with his/her comments, but that hardly gives you the right to classify people's lives as mediocre. And your little quote there is pretty inconsequential to this whole thing. Who are we to demand a bigger and fuller glass? This is a totally unimportant release, just like the other two best of's were, yet you all bought them too. They're giving us a friggen live CD and DVD of videos with it. That's more than we got with The Best Of 90-00 for sure. It's not like moaning about it is going to make U2 release a new album this year instead bundled with the Milan DVD. Let's all just chill here and get excited about the new song sall we? Huh? New U2 music is a few weeks? Why isn't ANYONE excited about this?

Im happy over this now, the new live tracks do add spice to things but to the casual u2 fan this means fuck all i think.

Will the live tracks get a couple of touches here and there ?

Marko said:

There is a good quote in one book fromTerry Pratchett wher he says:

"They say that there are two kind of people - optimist will say that the glass is half-fulll and pessimist that it's half-empty. But there is one other kind and they are the winners - they say: "What? THIS?!! This is not MY Glas!!! My Glas is bigger and FULL!!!!"

It's not exact quote but the meaning is the same :)

I don't have much to say about the original topic; I've already resigned myself to the fact that I won't be buying anything related to this U218 thing (apart from the other single). I'm just commenting to drool over Terry Pratchett. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!"

:lol:

One of Britain's best!

Lancemc said:
This is only good news for those who weren't initally pleased with the album anouncement. Geez. Get over it already. Personally I'm looking forward to it more than ever. New live tracks and finally some of the 80's videos on DVD, plus a brand new song from the Abbey Road sessions. You know, for a release this unimportant it's shaping up to be a pretty nice catch to hold me over until the new album.

And to whoever it was talking about winners and full glasses and stuff, fuck you. Anticipation may have been a out of line with his/her comments, but that hardly gives you the right to classify people's lives as mediocre. And your little quote there is pretty inconsequential to this whole thing. Who are we to demand a bigger and fuller glass? This is a totally unimportant release, just like the other two best of's were, yet you all bought them too. They're giving us a friggen live CD and DVD of videos with it. That's more than we got with The Best Of 90-00 for sure. It's not like moaning about it is going to make U2 release a new album this year instead bundled with the Milan DVD. Let's all just chill here and get excited about the new song sall we? Huh? New U2 music is a few weeks? Why isn't ANYONE excited about this?

Well Said :) Why do people have to complain about every little single thing! Can't you just be happy with a new song????? and plus we already knew that this release would be geared to the casual fan anyways! So there! get over your bitching and enjoy the fact that pretty soon you will get a new unheard (well hopefully heard if its I believe) song!

Lancemc said:

YES YES Thank You...and fuck you too... :)
cheers mate...

what i particularly like about this release is that it has even been bashed by various people that normally stand up for U2 pretty consistently in here. don't have to mention any names, you know who you are.

They could make at least a dvd with these 10 songs from Milan ..........

Damn , and the video of OOTS electric , with Edge and Bono on guitars and the orchestra is lost ............. :scream:

Anyway If i had to pick .........

Vertigo
Electric Co
Beautiful Day
All I want is you/COBL
Love and Peace
Streets
One
The Fly
OOTS

Damn but it hurts to pick only 10

I still don't like the Best of idea and even though I wish we would get the Milan DVD this is not sooo bad, at least we'll a cd with that perfect soundboard sound from a great U2 show. I hope we get The Electric Co and The Fly at least! :drool:

i think it's a terrible shame that we dont get the milan dvd, and this is a shitty kind of compensation, if that is what it is.

if this is a greatest hits from all eras, with videos from all eras on dvd, why is the live cd just from 1 show? :huh:

wouldnt they want the best live tracks from different eras?

besides theyve already released a few of the milan songs on the communication cd

Nisse said:
So I guess we can forget best of 80's dvd then?

oh dont worry, im sure theyll release that some november, just in time for xmas!

I tried not to post but...

All I wanna say is that this is some good entertainment you guys are providing for me to come check out whenever work gets boring. :corn:

:wink:

How fool I was , goin for Hamilton's words , thinkin the dvd would happen anyway , having signed those petitions , thinkin it was a done deal anyway .........

Quite a shame , the are losing a chance of releasing such a superb ass kicking dvd

GibsonGirl said:

I don't have much to say about the original topic; I've already resigned myself to the fact that I won't be buying anything related to this U218 thing (apart from the other single). I'm just commenting to drool over Terry Pratchett. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!"

:lol:

One of Britain's best!

Hello there Pratchett fan...
He only gets better...."Going Postal" is maybe the best of them all (I still have Thud to read)...pinheads and such....loghed my ass of...

but no worries eh?

come on J_NP, you get 10 audio tracks from the concert instead. smile.

Zootlesque said:
I tried not to post but...

All I wanna say is that this is some good entertainment you guys are providing for me to come check out whenever work gets boring. :corn:

:wink:

isn't it fun? It's terrible when we agree on everything....

it goes something like this: "It's always funny untill someone gets hurt, and then it's just hillarious.."

U2Man said:
come on J_NP, you get 10 audio tracks from the concert instead. smile.

Yeah buddy , that should be the spirit huh ............

After all it's better than nothing , and they could have come with a worse bonus to the compilation , now that's truth

Besides seriously speakin one real good thing , finally we will have the chance to hear Streets on car , officially speaking , if not a complete show , it's at least a 10 track live CD

Still I wonder , what will they do with all the M footage , maybe it appears on ppv ?? Maybe Hbo buys it ......

J_NP said:

Yeah buddy , that should be the spirit huh ............

After all it's better than nothing , and they could have come with a worse bonus to the compilation , now that's truth

Besides one real good thing , finally we will have the chance to hear Streets on car , officially speaking , if not a complete show , it's at least a 10 track live CD

Still I wonder , what will they do with all the M footage , maybe it appears on ppv ?? Maybe Hbo buys it ......

hmm...the only way i could see this bonus cd beeing any worse, would be if it consisted solely of already released material (like the main cd nearly does).

Marko said:

who cares what you want....get a grip man, you are only complaining...

damn...I'm witing too much posts today, that's not good

I'm not a man and I'm not ONLY complaining... usually I'm a sheep...This time it's different, I just want to see OOTS from Milan..

btw... get a grip man, you are only complaining about people who complain....

This is phenominal news!!!!!
It's been a long time....

Yeah, I have lots of bootlegs. I have the Communication ep, but finally a real U2 live album!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-ho!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom