MERGED ----> Making the album in Morocco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
roy said:

Well people who criticise the 00's on here are usually blind sheep when it comes to the 90's. It's healthy IMO to point out those areas where a certain hypocrisy exists. Don't you think?

Oh, and I really can't stand WGRYWH. IF AB was a lesser album it would have sunk it IMO. Who would have thought that U2 back then would have compromised themselves by releasing a song they hated.

Fighting "ignorance" with "ignorance". That's always a smart decision. :down:

roy said:
Oh, and I really can't stand WGRYWH. IF AB was a lesser album it would have sunk it IMO. Who would have thought that U2 back then would have compromised themselves by releasing a song they hated.

I think you're exaggerating about their "hate". And if you aren't, I don't give a shit. I freaking love that song! :drool:

Just listened to WGRYWH...it sounds like garbage, but it's really a great singalong tune. Very likable.

So Cruel is even better, however. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

I think you're exaggerating about their "hate". And if you aren't, I don't give a shit. I freaking love that song! :drool:

It wasn't me that used the 'hate' word it was Steve Lillywhite, you know, the guy who spent all those weeks trying to churn out a hit for the execs. :down: :down:

See. The Temple Bar mix gets rid of the feedback noise at the beginning, which is good I guess. But it's not as hefty as the album version. The album version is fuller and muscular throughout. :drool:

Zootlesque said:
See. The Temple Bar mix gets rid of the feedback noise at the beginning, which is good I guess. But it's not as hefty as the album version. The album version is fuller and muscular throughout. :drool:

What do you think of Lillywhites criticism? Does it really sound like a U2 cover band? To me it certainly does.

roy said:

What do you think of Lillywhites criticism? Does it really sound like a U2 cover band? To me it certainly does.

I can never agree that it sounds like a cover band! What the hell! :lol: Maybe it's cos I was at the peak of my U2 craze and 1992 was when I discovered the band on MTV, watching that video for Who's Gonna Ride, MW, EBTTRT, One etc. So maybe nostalgia has a part in it. But that song is still very close to my heart! :heart:

I'm really excited that it looks and sounds like they're playing and recording songs!

But after seeing what LemonMelon wrote on the pic:

LemonMelon said:

pictureuu3.jpg
I couldn't resist saying the following: Half of the band is sitting (on their ass) in that picture. (Where else to sit on?)

That being said: a quarter of the band usually sits any way!

Miringeltje said:

I couldn't resist saying the following: Half of the band is sitting (on their ass) in that picture. (Where else to sit on?)

That being said: a quarter of the band usually sits any way!

Hey, they're aging. They were all once spry as a gazelle (well, maybe not Larry), and now they're sitting around in Morocco getting heartburn. :sad:

roy said:

LOL, what f**king nonsense. Talking of a plastic songs, I'll give you one - WGRYWH. :barf:

To quote Steve Lillywhite:

"They hated that song," he says. "I spent a month on it and I still don't think it was as realised as it could've been. The Americans had heard it and said, That's your radio song there, because they were having trouble with some of the more industrial elements. It's almost like a covers band doing a U2 moment. Maybe we tried too hard."

Now that's my definition of a 'plastic' song

That song has an atmosphere, also a HIGH C. WITS got none of it. U2: KEEP AWAY FROM ABBEY ROAD!

Peterrrrr said:

That song has an atmosphere, also a HIGH C.

From my perspective WGRYWH certainly has an atmosphere; an atmosphere of bending over to the record executives.

How ironic that U2 sold out during the period where there image was protraying the complete opposite.

I guess U2 were into irony at that time.

I think this is what the conversation should have been about from the beginning...delicious food that simultaneously melts the stomach-lining. :drool:

LOL, you're all so predictable.

I've been on this site long enough to know how posters like xaviMF22, Zootlesque etc try to derail a thread of conversation they don't like by trying to create a diversion.

I think it's called "Chatter".

roy said:

I've been on this site long enough to know how posters like xaviMF22, Zootlesque etc try to derail a thread of conversation they don't like by trying to create a diversion.

I'm etc! :happy:

roy said:

chatter :drool:

roy said:

The Bang & The Chatter? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom