MERGED ----> Definitive collection tracklisting predictions/discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Catman said:
Most likely tracklist (or, atleast what I think would be the most "definitive U2" they could cram onto a single disc)...

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Desire
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
One
Stay
HMTMKMKM
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Stuck in a Moment...
Vertigo

Then the 2 new tracks, of course...
My tracklist still stands as the best :wink:

:p

dabiggestu2fan said:
Some people are reading OMG wrong! He/she never said that that was the tracklisting! He made a prediction and he/she really thinks it will be this tracklisting but nowhere does he/she say that that is the actual tract listing.

Uh, the poster said:

"Here in order of release.... probably in another order..... but that's it...sadly...."

BigMacPhisto said:

Uh, the poster said:

"Here in order of release.... probably in another order..... but that's it...sadly...."

Yes, CLEARLY a prediction. "Here in order of release" = songs in the order U2 released them (note the tracklisting is in chronological order). "Probably in another order" = they think the songs will be in a non-chronological order on the release. "But that's it, sadly" = they don't think anything else has a chance, just like how most of us are making tracklistings we wouldn't like, but doubt anything different will happen like Wire.

That person isn't even saying it's the real tracklisting, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Axver said:

Yes, CLEARLY a prediction. "Here in order of release" = songs in the order U2 released them (note the tracklisting is in chronological order). "Probably in another order" = they think the songs will be in a non-chronological order on the release. "But that's it, sadly" = they don't think anything else has a chance, just like how most of us are making tracklistings we wouldn't like, but doubt anything different will happen like Wire.

That person isn't even saying it's the real tracklisting, so I don't know what all the fuss is about.
I'm with you on that one, Axver. Misinterpretation runs rampent, but I guess that's the nature of message boards.

Well, I never thought it was for real. Just didn't like how the poster made their prediction seem like it was fact, generating false responses, etc.......

.......what's more shocking is that some believed "Miss Sarajevo" would be on U218 at all........and without "Streets", no less!

I also notice that on Amazon.co.uk the deluxe edition is rectangular...like a DVD case. Maybe it is gonna look like the HTDAAB Deluxe?

Sorry for the misunderstanding... it was JUST my predictions..... it is not the real tracklisting. Isn't the title of this thread "Definitive collection obvious tracklisting... + Nothing from the 90s..."????

I thought everyone could give his tracklist without having remarks an answers that states "poster doesn't know what they're talking about"...... but anyways, I guess some people have nothing else to do.....

At least Axver and dabiggestu2fan understood it was a guess.... thanks.
:wink:

Well, that partial tracklisting, if true, means no "Bad" or "All I Want Is You"

1. I Will Follow
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. New Year's Day
4. Pride
5. Where The Streets Have No Name
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. With Or Without You
8. Desire
9. Mysterious Ways

Considering that it's chronological, I'd assume those are indeed the first nine tracks.

Now, working our way backwards....

18. Window On The Sky
17. The Saints Are Coming
16. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
15. Vertigo
14. ?
13. ?
12. ?
11. ?
10. One

So, there's room for four tracks.........

Options:

Even Better Than The Real Thing
Stay
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Discotheque
Staring At The Sun (pretty big hit, so not entirely 'unpossible')
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

BigMacPhisto said:

18. Window On The Sky
15. Vertigo
14. ?
13. ?
12. ?
11. ?
10. One

Options:

Stay
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

Stay, Discotheque and Beautiful day are guaranteed in there :cool:

The doubt comes for the fourth track :scream:
The biggest hit from this list were (not considering the other 3 songs selected, and according to UK and US charts)

1- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
2- Staring At The Sun
3- Even Better Than The Real Thing

But I don't know if U2 would go with HMTMKMKM :scratch: so it's quite possible they're going with Staring Or Even Better. In this case, the tracklisting it's completed as follows:

1. I Will Follow
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. New Year's Day
4. Pride
7. With Or Without You
8. Desire
9. Mysterious Ways
- Even Better Than The Real Thing -
10.One
11.Stay (faraway so close)
- HMTMKMKM
12.Discotheque
- Staring At The Sun -
14.Beautiful Day
15.Vertigo
16.Sometimes You Can't Make It

:scratch:

BigMacPhisto said:
Well, that partial tracklisting, if true, means no "Bad" or "All I Want Is You"

1. I Will Follow
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. New Year's Day
4. Pride
7. With Or Without You
8. Desire
9. Mysterious Ways

Considering that it's chronological, I'd assume those are indeed the first nine tracks.

Now, working our way backwards....

18. Window On The Sky
15. Vertigo
14. ?
13. ?
12. ?
11. ?
10. One

Options:

Stay
Discotheque
Beautiful Day
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
Walk On

Beautiful Day and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me are givens.

I want Sarajevo and Stay to crack the list, but I think another ATYCLB and Achtung song will make it.

"Beautiful Day" is definitely a lock, so the rest of those tracks are competing for three open spaces. I think we could even see three tracks from ATYCLB, who knows?

Danny Boy - I assumed the same, but if your assumption is correct, then The Sweetest Thing is on the album?!? The Japanese site on the list has the following clue up "Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl".

kkaider said:
Danny Boy - I assumed the same, but if your assumption is correct, then The Sweetest Thing is on the album?!? The Japanese site on the list has the following clue up "Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl".

The competition doesn't say anything about lyrics being from the songs of U2 18
:confused:

This is my first post here although I've been reading regularly trying to figure out the mystery that is U218.

Anyway, by clicking on the ad in the Japanese newspaper, I was taken to the official Universal Japan site, and the listing for U218 contained a listing for the CD, CD+DVD, and the separate U218 DVD. Underneath the DVD listing, in addition to a bunch of Japanese characters, the following track listing was included:
③UIBI-1016
未定
<エクストラズ>
- The Making Of Vertigo  
- The Making Of One  
- Beautiful Day ? Eze version 
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) ? Slane Castle version  
- Vertigo ? Lisbon version  
- Vertigo ? HQ version  
- One ? Buffalo version  
- One ? Restaurant version  
- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own ? Single Take version

I'm guessing this is bonus content for the DVD. Still no sign of the actual track listing for the CD or DVD.

Just an FYI!

Nice find! Though these bonuses sound crap if this is all we're getting. I see no point in releasing Making of One documentary for the second time, which was already released on Best of 90-00 DVD. I hope we'll get something extra, but even if not, there's really no reason for me to complain. Afterall Milan DVD is gonna be released (yeah, only 10 songs, but so what?), that's what I'm waiting the most for, so I'm completely satisfied!

I can't imagine this album without "The Sweetest Thing." It's now what? ... seven years since it was released as a single, and it's still heavily played on the radio. On XM it's one of the U2 songs I hear most often. It's also the only reason my wife bought the "80-90" CD. I know many casual U2 fans who say "The Sweetest Thing" is their favorite U2 song.

U2freakboy said:
I know many casual U2 fans who say "The Sweetest Thing" is their favorite U2 song.

I know even much more U2 fans who say Please is their favorite song :sad:

U2freakboy said:
It's also the only reason my wife bought the "80-90" CD. I know many casual U2 fans who say "The Sweetest Thing" is their favorite U2 song.

Man I do like a lot it , but after hearing that ............

Ouch that hurt

C'mon Mate , please tell them that are the same bastards who did some stuff called The Unforgettable Fire , Joshua Tree , ZOOTV , Popmart .......

ANd BTW didn't ur wife didn't know like at least in the best of 80's , WOWY ???? :huh:

Prediction based on assuming the lyrics in the contest will show up on the new Cd, and considering the partial tracklisting on cdnow to be accurate:
i will follow
sunday bloody sunday
new years day
pride
where the streets have no name
i still haven't found what i'm looking for
with or without you
desire
mysterious ways
one
stay
the sweetest thing
beautiful day
walk on
vertigo
sometimes you can't make it on your own
the saints come marching
window on the sky

the one i'm most uncertain of is Stay.

I came up with the same tracklisting using the same criteria you did (assuming "clue" songs are on the U218 and assuming the partial list at CDWow is accurate).

I'm not happy about it, though. They shouldn't ignore both October and Pop. It's possible that Stay could be replaced with Discotheque, but then Zooropa would get the shaft. :(

"Walk On" and "Sweetest Thing" were both in the contest, so.......

1. I Will Follow
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. New Year's Day
4. Pride
7. With Or Without You
8. Desire
9. Mysterious Ways
10. One
Sweetest Thing (11)
Beautiful Day (12)
Walk On (13)
Vertigo (14)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (15)
18. Window On The Sky

Adding together the chronological/partial tracklist, along with songs that have shown up in the contest, that leaves ONE spot for the following tracks.....

Stay
Discotheque
Staring At The Sun
Stuck In A Moment
Elevation
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You

Considering the inclusion of "Sweetest Thing", along with "Walk On" (the least well known ATYCLB single).......I have a feeling the other slot will go to one of the remaining ATYCLB singles ("Stuck" and "Elevation").........as usual, U2 pretends that Zooropa/Pop never were recorded.

Last edited:
Elevation
I Will Follow
Vertigo
Desire
The Sweetest Thing
New Year's Day
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride
Sunday Bloody Sunday
One
Stay
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Mysterious Ways
Window in the Sky (new song)
With or Without You
Beautiful Day
Original of the Species
The Saints Are Coming (new song)

I can't believe they could possibly remove 'All I Want Is You', which would have been a brilliant segue into 'Streets'. Not including AIWIY should be against the law.

Back
Top Bottom