magnificent will be next single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2place.com announced that next single will be magnificient.So what do you think? I hope for MOS and breath also...:)

Yeah if true good choice by the band. The second best song on the album behind MOS which should be the 3rd single. Crazy shouldn't even be released as a single IMO.

I think it would be great by have having Crazy will be the next and then either Magnificent or Fez, i'm leaning more towards to Fez.

Magnificent's definitely an ideal single.

I don't know why anybody would want MOS to be a single, though.

While I think Magnificant lives up to it's title, I think Stand Up Comedy or 'Crazy' would be more ideal because those are songs tailer made for radio. Magnificant is an album song, hence it would detract from it's charm and beauty [IF that could ever be possible].

The problem with mos it's just too long so they would have to make a radio edit.

I think we all know deep down that there is no way that Fez-Being Born or Moment of Surrender will be singles. Even if you don't want them to be, it makes more sense and it much more likely that Crazy Tonight and/or Stand Up Comedy will be, possibly Unknown Caller, but I doubt it.

I think it's the perfect choice... the only choice. Then Crazy I guess. It's tough because this is not a singles album, for sure.

:pray: Hopefully. Please not Crazy Tonight.

Magnificent, then Stand Up Comedy, then Crazy Tonight, if it has to be.
That's all the singles I see on the album.

Well, they should really just release the best songs on the album and let the public decide. They should release them unedited, after all if Comfortably Numb, American Pie etc can be played in their entirety, why sacrifice quality for the average joe.

Magnificent
Unknown Caller
Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Moment of Surrender

:pray: Hopefully. Please not Crazy Tonight.

Magnificent, then Stand Up Comedy, then Crazy Tonight, if it has to be.
That's all the singles I see on the album.

I don't know (sorry) but I see Crazy as the next single it seems to follow Boots.

Well, they should really just release the best songs on the album and let the public decide. They should release them unedited, after all if Comfortably Numb, American Pie etc can be played in their entirety, why sacrifice quality for the average joe.

Magnificent
Unknown Caller
Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Moment of Surrender

you are right!!!!!!

Could there be any other choice? :wink: Crazy Tonight, I suppose. But Magnificent has classic U2 anthem written all over it.

Boots bombed. Big time. The second single needs to be radio friendly and attract new fans to this record. Magnificent is not the answer. It is a u2 fan based song similar to Kite, Bad or Miracle Drug. We all love it, but outside the hardcore fans I don't know if it will connect. Crazy Tonight in my opinion is made for radio and made to be a single, But considering how Boots didnt really hit the spot, I think a edited version of Moment Of Surrender with a really good video clip is the best bet. I feel it is the best song on the album and could really do well, followed by Crazy 2nite as a third single.

Of course it is just my opinion, I am often wrong I will add. But MOS has that wow factor that could really push the album where it deserves to be. A second failed single and this album will be a dud in the public eye.

Having ditched NLOTH as the opening single, Magnificent is indeed the way to go.

Boots bombed. Big time. The second single needs to be radio friendly and attract new fans to this record. Magnificent is not the answer. It is a u2 fan based song similar to Kite, Bad or Miracle Drug. We all love it, but outside the hardcore fans I don't know if it will connect. Crazy Tonight in my opinion is made for radio and made to be a single, But considering how Boots didnt really hit the spot, I think a edited version of Moment Of Surrender with a really good video clip is the best bet. I feel it is the best song on the album and could really do well, followed by Crazy 2nite as a third single.

Of course it is just my opinion, I am often wrong I will add. But MOS has that wow factor that could really push the album where it deserves to be. A second failed single and this album will be a dud in the public eye.

Actually, I think they should break the rules and release an un-edited version of Moment of Surrender. No reason to chop up the best song on the album! It's U2. I think the radio stations could play this song instead of 2 other songs...

I reckon Crazy Tonight will be single 2 but would be very happy with Magnificent.

The intro to Magnificent is 47 seconds long. It could be fully cut off - leaving the track at a more radio-friendly 4:37 - without losing much.

The 4th single will probably be either Unknown Caller or Stand Up Comedy. Maybe Breathe. I hope Moment of Surrender is not a single, I love it too much.

Boots tanked badly

Releasing Moment of Surrender would be commercial suicide for the band, maybe as the fourth or fifth single but right now they need something that will get radio play and be a hit. Magnificent or Crazy Tonight are perfect singles

Are there any official chart numbers for Boots yet? Billboard or UK?

Here in Australia charts are based on sales from Saturday-Friday each week. Boots only got officially released on Saturday 14th, although it was available on iTunes from the 11th if you knew where to look.

However it's had a prominent ad on iTunes for a week and the video clip has had good airplay. Some radio stations are flogging it and others are giving it reasonable spins. Plus, there was more publicity in the past couple of days with album signage going up in city music stores.

So the new charts on Monday (for the week 14th to 20th) will be the key indicator as to it's failure or success. Here's hoping it does well.

Moment Of Surrender is overrated, IMHO :reject:

And I like Unknown Caller even more than Magnificent :hyper:

word. it will be "crazy". it´s really the best single on the album. the only real radio single.

Magnificent
Unknown Caller

Should be 2th and 3th singles

Magnificent sounds like a very summery type anthem to me, i could just imagine a lovely summers day (not that we get many in the UK), and this song playing loudly on the radio.

Back
Top Bottom