Magnificent video is out, what do you think about it ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the Magnificent Video

• Total voters
:yes: The moroccan folk and the woman (not Morleigh Steinberg is it ?) dancing.

Still, their best since BD/euro Stuck video.

It's good but I was more expecting the sheet thing when Edge's solo kicks in. Different way of looking at it, I guess. I know this isn't popular opinion but I don't like the radio edit. I hope they have a full length version at some point. Also...a video for the Fred Faulke remix :up:

I know this isn't popular opinion but I don't like the radio edit.

Do people really like the radio edit? (Is that the same as the single edit?) I'm surprised at that. It's the one thing about the video that makes me sad. I don't like the edit either.

Are you logged in? It's in the main "Now Playing" section on the front page.

The story is called "Unveiled".

can we add a poll/rating to this thread?

IMO the video is great, it's a 4th song in a row to have a great video, good sign :hyper::up:

It reminds me of the Mysterious Ways video in terms of the setting/location and parts of the Walk On video with the band walking through the streets. I don't mind it, but I thought with that type of song they could have come up with something a bit more original.
There are too many videos with the band performing in it and after the GOYB video, I was hoping they would avoid that.
I guess they wanted a video that involved Morocco in some way and there are some great shots of the city landscape and the people and I like the colours they use throughout the video.

I like it but I don't think the song is strong enough to sell this album. My feeling is MOS (radio edit) will be the savior of this album. MOS will be an instant hit and will be the Viva La Vida (single) of this album.

PS: Sorry to compare NLOTH to Coldplays last one :D

Mysterious Ways meets Walk On.

It is okay, but nothing special. It is relaxing and summery. Too much Bono.

Bono's miming was "less-than-good", and I found the male dancer to be cringeworthy for some reason.

When I think of MAGNIFICENT, this is not what I think of. I also don't think this is the video they needed to increase sales, airplay and overall promotion.

MoS Edit as big as VLV - dream on, I say. Dream out loud.

It's okay for me. I like the song and the video is fine, but I don't think it has that OMG, WOW factor that the Boots video had.

And maybe it's not suppose to since the song can stand on it's own.

Mysterious Ways meets Walk On.

It is okay, but nothing special. It is relaxing and summery. Too much Bono.

Bono's miming was "less-than-good", and I found the male dancer to be cringeworthy for some reason.

When I think of MAGNIFICENT, this is not what I think of. I also don't think this is the video they needed to increase sales, airplay and overall promotion.

MoS Edit as big as VLV - dream on, I say. Dream out loud.

You might be right but you must admit MOS shits all over VLV and so does the whole U2 album. See what happens. I might be right. MOS (radio edit) with an All I want is you video...you just never know :wink:

It's nice, fits the song, I like the Fez pictures. Don't know what the deal with the white sheets is, but it's a good video.

And the boys look :drool:

:uhoh:

You might be right but you must admit MOS shits all over VLV and so does the whole U2 album. See what happens. I might be right. MOS (radio edit) with an All I want is you video...you just never know :wink:

Viva La Vida was a good pop-rock crossover. Moment of Surrender is something completely different, and I don't think it will catch on in anything like the same way as VLV.

As for Magnificent, I love the song but this video fails to increase the power of the song, nice as it is.

another boring video :down:
What are we going to do now it's all been said?
No new ideas in the house, and every book's been read.

Viva La Vida was a good pop-rock crossover. Moment of Surrender is something completely different, and I don't think it will catch on in anything like the same way as VLV.

As for Magnificent, I love the song but this video fails to increase the power of the song, nice as it is.

I disagree I think MOS is different and probably not as radio friendly as VLV but could do really well with a great music video. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but it shits me to see VLV (album) at #29 higher on the ARIA charts 46 weeks in, compared to NLOTH 9 weeks in at #32 :sad:

I like it... it's not amazing, though. The Fez shots are really well done (if a bit cheesy at times), and I like the white sheets, but the performance shots are mediocre and too many. And I absolutely hate the single edit.

Honestly, I wish this song had never been released as a single... it didn't deserve this total butchering in its release as a single. It's too good for that.

Back
Top Bottom