Magnificent video is out, what do you think about it ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think of the Magnificent Video

• Total voters
ok finally got it

but man the radio edit really butchers the song. short beginning, short solo..meh. Let the thing play!!

i agree.. why do they do that? It was perfect as it was.

The video is ok. Nothing really special

I kept clicking on u2.com...because I thought I kept watching the "making of the video". Then I said...screw it....I'll watch this....and then realized it wasn't the making of video but instead, the actual video.

I've heard of Streets.......but what's with the sheets?

I liked the shots of the girl dancing....but the boy dancing was weird.

For a song like Magnificent I was expecting miracles on the screen.

I kept clicking on u2.com...because I thought I kept watching the "making of the video". Then I said...screw it....I'll watch this....and then realized it wasn't the making of video but instead, the actual video.

I've heard of Streets.......but what's with the sheets?

I liked the shots of the girl dancing....but the boy dancing was weird.

For a song like Magnificent I was expecting miracles on the screen.

Yeah I agree...video could have been much better to cater for the "non U2 fans" To try to suck in the non U2 or semi U2 fans. Anyway you never know the song may sell itself and thus the album. Don't think it will though :hmm:

The video is okay -- I like it for its simplicity. What I don't like is the actual edit itself. So much more could have been done during Edge's solo if it hadn't been chopped in half. :angry:

I guess it's ok, but I am slightly underwhelmed
when I heard the video was shot in Fez + the concept of the city covered in white sheets which would unfold I thought there was far more potential than the end product is showing
given that it already took them 2 months too long to release this I would at least have expected the final execution to nail it

The video is ok, but I thought it would be better. We had to wait a while for this production and I thought the result would be very interesting. Now it's simply a fine video, but not fantastic.

I hoped the album version was used for the video. Shame that Edge's solo is partly cut in the edit.

For me it is just okay. Pretty lazy video & followup to GOYB, which was a cool video.

They could have thought of something better than white sheets, Moroco, & the band walking/peforming.

i agree.. why do they do that? It was perfect as it was.

Probably because 5+ minute songs are still not considered very radio friendly (also by radio stations themselves). The album version is far superior, but I do think it didn't hurt too much that the intro has been shortened.

The video is ok. Nothing really special

I guess it's ok, but I am slightly underwhelmed
when I heard the video was shot in Fez + the concept of the city covered in white sheets which would unfold I thought there was far more potential than the end product is showing
given that it already took them 2 months too long to release this I would at least have expected the final execution to nail it

Yes, same here. I was expecting more, especially for time it took them to finish/release this video.

I like the live version from the Somerville theater better. They should have used that as the main video and filmed another video for a different song~maybe Breathe?

Too little of the band, too much Bono. Too few camera angles either. Nitpicky maybe, but it was still boring. The camerawork should've been more sweeping. And that guy dancing was just lame. Oh well. I voted that I hated it, but I don't. It's just not as good as 'okay'.

Video was kind of boring. The sheets thing still doesn't make sense to me, and by the looks of it, its not apparent to many other people either. Too many shots of the band playing - specifically Bono. And the guy is a bit weird... I didn't even notice a girl. All in all, it was too boring, bland, and shallow for a song like this.

Back
Top Bottom