Magnificent single not available on CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's no surprise to me that Magificent has bombed in the UK charts, despite playlisting on many radio stations, if you can't buy it anywhere other than online.

I went to my local HMV, and they don't stock ANY singles anymore.

Got the vinyl off Amazon, but still pretty peeved I've not got it on CD. especially the remixes... shame, awful decision.:down::down::down::down:

I am watching this very closely. It would be nice if this release would include all 10 tracks exactly as the promo, but I have a feeling that it'll be just 5. I am expecting an exact replication of the iTunes Canada/US release.
I don't think I could pay $100 for a promo of remixes. I am all about the live tracks. I must have official U2 live track releases.
The Magnificent remixes are really good. Which is kind of suprising, considering the general history of U2 remixes are like my kryptonite.

Ehhh... what? Isn't this the first U2 single that's been available in the US since Sweetest Thing? And Britain isn't getting a CD single? Do they have monkeys on typewriters running Principle?

UK CD single was cancelled. No idea why.

Europe CD single for Magnificent was NOT cancelled. I have the 2 track and 3 track of each. I live in the US and I could find it. I am sure that a little searching and those in the UK, Australia - wherever - will be able to locate copies. They are still available and relatively cheap on E-Bay.

There is a 10-track Magnificent mixes single. It is selling on EBay for an ungodly $150 - $250+!

Good news is that there is a US version of that single that is available for pre-order.

So did anyone who ordered the CD single from Amazon US receive a shipment notification? All I can see is that they've changed the status to "temporarily out of stock."

Yeah mine says that too. So then is it actually canceled? Strange that they say it's temporary then.

So did anyone who ordered the CD single from Amazon US receive a shipment notification? All I can see is that they've changed the status to "temporarily out of stock."

I got an email this morning about a delay. This isn't looking good. That's the same thing that happened with Amazon UK way back when they first had these CD's available for pre-order. First they told me it was delayed and then a couple of weeks later they told me it was unavailable and cancelled my order.

Yeah I got the email yesterday asking me to tell them if I still wanted to keep it on order, because they are now trying to locate copies. Looks like our orders will be cancelled if they haven't found it by June 29th is my guess.

Amazon has just emailed me that they now have delivery info:

u2 "Magnificent Ep" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: June 18 2009 - June 26 2009

It still doesn't show a complete tracklisting though.

So has anyone been able to find the US Magnificent single? Mine has shipped from Amazon but I still don't know whether it's five or ten tracks. None of the stores around here seem to be carrying it. :huh:

Oh well, I guess I'll know by the end of the week.

I'm starting to think that we should change the title of this thread to "What if U2 released a single and no one cared?"

Mine says it should be delivered by June 11th. And yeah I'm still really confused about what's on it. Strange that they don't show any tracklisting for it!

Also the Magnificent (2-Track) and Magnificent Ep say Delivery estimate: June 18, 2009 - June 26, 2009. So are there 3 versions of the CD then?

Right! If they're already shipping it can't they put up the tracklist? Very weird.

Is this supposedly the same version that Best Buy is saying will have the 10 tracks?

I bought the US single today at a local record store. It has all 10 tracks on it... same as the US promo that has been selling on ebay. Amazon.com's track listing is just an error.

Many of the remixes are decent in small doses, and the Redanka versions are probably the best of the bunch. That said, listening to the entire CD in one sitting is unbelievably painful. :)

Thanks :) I should have it within a day or 2. (And I really only want it because I need to collect everything, I don't even really like the remixes :rolleyes: )

For the Aussies out there, Red Eye Records in Sydney received stock of the US 10 track version today. It's selling for A$18.98.

The dub mixes are a bit of a waste - especially the Adam K/Soha Dub which is identical to their Club mix but without Bono. I don't get the appeal.

The magnificent ep's are finally available on australian itunes and are charting quite well......

everyone get over there and snap them up!!

So I finally just listened to the Justice Remix of GOYB on the Magnificent single (I've had the mp3 for awhile but I guess I never got around to listening to it until now) and wow I really really hate it! :happy: :lol:

But I do usually like a lot of remixes. I like some of the Magnificent remixes now, a few have grown on me :)

Back
Top Bottom