Magnificent - RADIO CAMPAIGN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Promo copies of Magnificent have been printed and are being sent to radio -- let's get a radio request campaign going, to help get the song played and heard. :heart:

Call or email any radio station that you'd like, and ask them to play the song. It may be smarter to target the "main" radio stations, in big media markets, since they tend to cast sway over the industry. KROQ in Los Angeles would be an example, as would WBCN in Boston, etc.

To request Magnificent on KROQ's website, go to KROQ FM-The World Famous KROQ and click "KROQ Music" on the left-side menu. Then click, "request a song". Scroll down through the artist menu, select U2, and then pick Magnificent. Done!!

:applaud:

Use this thread to post other links to radio stations, and discuss how the song is doing on worldwide radio.

Still haven't heard it here in the Bay Area on the radio. :(

Though 104.9 has been talking a lot about the upcoming promo shows and will be broadcasting them live supposedly.

Promo copies of Magnificent have been printed and are being sent to radio -- let's get a radio request campaign going, to help get the song played and heard. :heart:

Call or email any radio station that you'd like, and ask them to play the song. It may be smarter to target the "main" radio stations, in big media markets, since they tend to cast sway over the industry. KROQ in Los Angeles would be an example, as would WBCN in Boston, etc.

To request Magnificent on KROQ's website, go to KROQ FM-The World Famous KROQ and click "KROQ Music" on the left-side menu. Then click, "request a song". Scroll down through the artist menu, select U2, and then pick Magnificent. Done!!

:applaud:

Use this thread to post other links to radio stations, and discuss how the song is doing on worldwide radio.

I just requested it...

Still haven't heard it here in the Bay Area on the radio. :(

Though 104.9 has been talking a lot about the upcoming promo shows and will be broadcasting them live supposedly.

Since you are in the Bay Area like I am would you or Lyrical Drug happen to know where I can buy the album singles paticularly Boots so I can have NLOTH2?Or are these CD's not on sale in the US?

So when their on-air playlist comes in from CBS Radio headquarters in a week or two and features Magnificent, people who requested it can bask in the wonderful illusion that they actually played a part in it being selected to air :cute:

seriously........what is wrong with these stations in los angeles. klos hasnt played any new u2, 98.7 star plays boots and with or without you but nothing else. kroq plays only boots sparingly. the sound 100.3 has played crazy. but....you would think they would be playing more songs off the album. i dont want to hear sex on fire again. god i am sick of hearing that. radio sucks.

seriously........what is wrong with these stations in los angeles. klos hasnt played any new u2, 98.7 star plays boots and with or without you but nothing else. kroq plays only boots sparingly. the sound 100.3 has played crazy. but....you would think they would be playing more songs off the album. i dont want to hear sex on fire again. god i am sick of hearing that. radio sucks.
There is nothing wrong with the stations....they are playing what they have been told to play. There's no Flying Benevolent Decent Music Spaghetti Monster who watches over all radio stations, helping DJs actually select the tracks that will be played based on them being heartfelt, exciting, life-affirming singles.

If you want to help out U2, folks, burn a copy of NLOTH or a best-of mix for a non-fan friend and get them into the band. Radio campaigns are a waste of time.

so somebody feels sex on fire is a heartfelt life affirming single? times are just different these days. god i can remember when joshua tree was released. it was all over the radio.

Radio campaigns are a waste of time.

Not always. After "Beautiful Day" was released, online U2 fans bombarded Star 98.7 FM in Los Angeles (I think) with votes for BD, for their nightly top 10 request countdown. We kept that song at number 1 for months on end - people would post the call-in number on message boards, and they'd get inundated. It was kind of hilarious actually.

This is KROQ's 10-most-requested list right now. Magnificent is way, way better than any of this stuff:

Asher Roth - I Love College
Depeche Mode - Wrong
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
Apocalyptica feat. Adam Gontier - I Don't Care
Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
Hollywood Undead - Undead
Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
Rise Against - Audience of One
My Chemical Romance - Desolation Row
Iglu & Hartly - In This City

Found this in another thread - Magnificent is on the move:

----------

Radio And Records - Triple A

Triple A - Most Added

U2 - Magnificent - 4 stations
U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - 4 stations

Triple A - Most Increased Plays

U2 - Magnificent - +68
U2 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight - +58
U2 - Stand Up Comedy - +55
U2 - No Line On The Horizon - +46

The #30 song had 117 plays last week, so Magnificent should be an easy shoe-in once those new stations start giving it spins. Wouldn't be surprised if all four charted.

Ok, I requested Magnificent. I hope it makes some difference...

Listening to "I Wanna Be Sedated" by The Ramones :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom