Magnificent delivered to the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When are we gonna hear the Pete Tong remix, thats what I really wanna know :hyper:

I just heard it on the radio again today here in San Diego, full album version with long intro. The DJ even made a long comment afterwards about how great the Bono/Edge songwriting team is, and that people don't usually give them the credit they deseerve as one of the songwriting duo greats :up:

I heard it in a bar the other night and my jaw dropped. :shocked: I audibly gasped. It sounded great. My friends seemed to have no idea what it was. I guess that's understandable. It's probably the first time they heard it. I hope "Mag" catches on and erases memories of "GOYB". :reject:

I´m digging this video of Magnificent in Boston, it´s a bit shaky, frantic editing, but nice nonetheless.
Magnificent has gained some fair airplay here where I live, I have heard the song on the radio quite often. I think it´s a great choice for a single.

MT

For what its worth, I feel the Magnificent is starting to pick up in the CT-NY-NJ area. In the past week I have heard it 5 times on the radio and I dont listen to radio that much.

1 time on 94.3 (rock station)
2 times on 101.9 (new rock station in the NY area replaced Kroq)
2 times on 95.5 wplj (prob the biggest Hot AC station in the NY area)

By contrast, I heard boots 5 times in two months....4 times on the same station (92.3 kroq, which is no longer). I noticed that 95.5 is playing an edit of the song (not a single version but edit). The start of the song is much shorter and it ends more abruptly.

:yuck: the Pete Tong remix is kind of atrocious... doesn't do the song justice!

For what its worth, I feel the Magnificent is starting to pick up in the CT-NY-NJ area. In the past week I have heard it 5 times on the radio and I dont listen to radio that much.

1 time on 94.3 (rock station)
2 times on 101.9 (new rock station in the NY area replaced Kroq)
2 times on 95.5 wplj (prob the biggest Hot AC station in the NY area)

By contrast, I heard boots 5 times in two months....4 times on the same station (92.3 kroq, which is no longer). I noticed that 95.5 is playing an edit of the song (not a single version but edit). The start of the song is much shorter and it ends more abruptly.

i wipe my ass with WPLJ.

u2tour.de is reporting today that there will be a 2 track and a 3 track single release of Magnificent, plus one UK only single release. All releases will contain live performances from Somerville, Boston, March 2009 (Breathe and Vertigo).

Breath and Vertigo from Somerville are going to be on the Magnificent single - I doubt that - the performance of Vertigo was a huge mess the tempo was all wrong in the beginning and therefore Bono missed the chorus so I would assume that that performance is not going to be released. It was like they didnt even practice it and were like we just played it a few years ago we know what we are doing

I heard the radio edit for the first time today on UK radio. Not a fan of this version - the intro was removed, less buildup to the solo and it just seemed to have a strange flow. Not very magnificent.

I'm off to listen to the album version.

Back
Top Bottom