Magnificent delivered to the radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not keen on that cover. I quite like the birds though. Plus it reminds me of another U2 single cover...:hmm:

who2.jpg

:crack: Delayed?? WTF? They had TWO MONTHS to prepare the single, and it's STILL not done?

:crack: U2's promotion for this album bloody BLOWS. First Boots failing to have a video in time, then the video being withdrawn because Interference people noticed they still had WATERMARKS on the pics. And then the new single is only about 3 months after the old one???? Whoever was in charge of these things, FIRE THEM!

Okay, this is fast becoming beyond anybody's defence.
I have to say that this is the most badly organised promotion of an album I think I've ever seen from a band this large. It actually beggars belief. It's like they crammed everything into two weeks then just disappeared!

The only upside is that the Justice remix IMO is utterly brilliant!!! :up:

Yes because fansites never got anything wrong about the album did they?, come on wait for something official,

and its not like you cant listen to the song is it? you can even buy it from itunes as a single if you wanted to.

Why would I want to buy the single from itunes? I don't do downloading music from my favourite band. I happen to be someone who buys cds, and since I really like this album I am planning to buy the singles too. Kinda ruins the momentum if I have to wait three bloody months for it!

The Justice Remix rocks the house.

Please, Justice, if you're out there, remix Magnificent. Please please please.

The U2 tour.de article says the single is still out at the start of May in "other European countries". Maybe this is a delay in Germany, not ROW.

I have to say that this is the most badly organised promotion of an album I think I've ever seen from a band this large. It actually beggars belief. It's like they crammed everything into two weeks then just disappeared!

When you throw off the album release completely, this tends to happen... promotional schedules, tours, singles, everything gets a bit bolloxed. They are really shooting themselves in the foot in terms of album sales. Sure, NLOTH has been relatively successful, but can you imagine how successful it would have been if the album had been released on time and they were starting the US tour now?

At least we know where one of the lyrics comes from:

"I did not have a choice, but to lift you up"

Hint: He's talking to little Bono. :flirt:

The Justice Remix rocks the house.

Please, Justice, if you're out there, remix Magnificent. Please please please.

agree :drool:

I have no clue why U2 are waiting til May to release Magnificent. I suppose they want it to be a big summer single, but I really think they should have had a second single by now. Concurrent with the album release might have even made sense, to boost sales.

oh well, I hope it does well :)

Back
Top Bottom