LP14: Songs of Experience - To Valencia and Beyond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they aren't busting their ass to get this thing done.....so I have to think it is done.

Or they're hoping for a Holiday release to boost sales. Go back to work in September/October, play those little gigs as one off's, and then fire up the machine in November.

So you really believe he told a stranger, "no, I don't think so" when asked if this was Bono's best lyrics since War?

I just don't see it. He doesn't seem like a throw a friend under the bus kind of guy, especially when said friend is right there.

And he can't say he disagrees with Bono ?

Last edited:
I would love a kind of 'new' War-album, fresh and on the barricades again. IS, the refugees, being so close to the attacks... They simply can't deny these things. Why not call the album 'Love over fear' or some of these strong statements.

I'd be interested to hear what the band have to say, but I dont think we're going to get anything overtly political on SOE. Those days have passed..

It's not delayed... no one ever said 2016, there was no announcement.

Guys, are we to really take this at face value?

I know Bono's take on previous albums is ever evolving, but he's never expressed a positive take on his lyric writing to anything previous to UF, why all of a sudden would he use War as the measuring stick? That doesn't seem odd to anyone else?

Plus, do you really think Gavin is going to diss Bono like that to a stranger? A fan?

Either the translation is really off, or someone might be feeding us pure BS.

Interesting he should mention War...but given the situation worldwide and EUrope in particular, could we be getting a more political album out of them again ?

It's at least good to know that they even remember the War album. Will this be the tour that we finally get Seconds, Drowning Man, and Surrender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40th anniversary, political unrest, mass murders. Yeah, perfect setting for a u2 release with a political message.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'd be interested to hear what the band have to say, but I dont think we're going to get anything overtly political on SOE. Those days have passed..

This is a point I also agree with, despite my previous guess.

Can't imagine nowadays Bono (and the whole band) taking a harsh / defined stance regarding the current situation or something like that, as this hasn't been happening for a long time.

Still, an album mentioning experience in its title leads me to think of it as a summary of many things already dealt with in the past. That could include human rights, commitment and stuff. Even if with a different language. Powerful or not, I don't know. I just hope that language will sound, you know, good. :wink:

Can't imagine nowadays Bono (and the whole band) taking a harsh / defined stance regarding the current situation or something like that, as this hasn't been happening for a long time.

the closest we get is Bono's most recent Bullet lyric revamp - wherein he hammers home the point that Experience self sees things quite differently from his Innocence self, when it comes to politics

And frankly, I'm not sure his Experienced world view would translate very well in rock and roll form. ("This song is a not a rebel song, this is PRUDENCE FISCAL PRUDENCE")

The man is talking about waste management, and that affects the whole damn planet!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

the closest we get is Bono's most recent Bullet lyric revamp - wherein he hammers home the point that Experience self sees things quite differently from his Innocence self, when it comes to politics

And frankly, I'm not sure his Experienced world view would translate very well in rock and roll form. ("This song is a not a rebel song, this is PRUDENCE FISCAL PRUDENCE")

:lol:

Still when they got to NYC last year (maybe before) in the images flashed on screen they did reference the protests against police abuse. Maybe that could translate into a song.

Those quotes sound soooo much like intentional misleading. They know that the U2 wack... I mean... fan site operators are out in force trying to get a crumb, so they all make contradicting statements.

Basically, and hardly a surprise, but I think the band is just fucking with them.

Oh how sorely The Office of U2 Security is missed these days...the site owner is such a d-bag tho with his empty promises :tsk:

Oh how sorely The Office of U2 Security is missed these days...the site owner is such a d-bag tho with his empty promises :tsk:

I heard U2 can't afford their own security anymore, so they resort to getting fan club volunteers. They all wear An Sung Sukyi masks.

I almost relaunched a couple years ago... Had a logo ready and everything. Then, ya know, kids happened.

comingsoon.jpg

Maybe Larry is upset because it appears Bono eats all of the food, leaving him malnourished and hangry

Ha I love these times.. I reckon the album in done and the next 18 months at least is already locked down. They're going to play with the fans on the details and that's half the fun. Almost a year ago during that awesome fan interview in NYC they seemed more ahead with this body of work than they have in years... exciting times!!
Does anybody else think that it won't end up being called 'Songs of Experience'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom