LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
What has happened over the course of the last thread:

- Mixing going on at Church Studios in London
- Beach clip of 'Song for Someone', which has since been deleted from SoundCloud and YouTube.
- Indicators that may lead to a new album/promo tour being imminent: Bono's weight loss or hairstyles, Edge dying his beard, Adam getting a haircut and Larry with Botox.
- Live Nation, with a sense of urgency, bought the domain 'U2Invisible.com' from one of our very own. This might mean that it's on the album after all.
- Terry Lawless' calendar is mostly blank after November.
- U2 were rumored to be partnering with ESPN & ABC for 2014 FIFA World Cup coverage, providing new music for special highlight montages during the semifinals or today's final, but instead have been replaced with music from Jack White's Lazaretto.
Column: off the record..., vol. 14-626

The rumors:
- Paperwork has been sent to Live Nation for a "tour supporting a new album release".
- Video shoot at Dublin's 37 Dawson Street & London's The 100 Club in early November, though many posters think it somehow has to do with promo appearances.
- Per a semi-regular poster at the atU2 forums, mark your calendars for July 18th. News? We'll see.
- Two albums?

Ok, I think I covered mostly everything. Carry on with the discussing, speculating and bitching! Here's your daily dose of U2 goodness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MS6kZ8u0zY

I had a dream last night that i met the man who may have condemned Jesus, not the man who betrayed him, the man who was behind it all. I asked this man for some wine and he had a deep look of sadness in his eyes. He looked around the place and wondered why it all still existed. Then he sat down on an old chair and began to weep. I decided to get my wine elsewhere.

The tags for this thread are the best part.
:up:

I doubt this is rock bottom. I think we can still find an abyss to sink into.

I hate to think about how low we'll go if the album doesn't release this fall! I think it will… IT HAS TO!!! To delay it any further would be just ludicrous! But so was pushing it back from fall 2013 to fall 2014….

I hate to think about how low we'll go if the album doesn't release this fall! I think it will…IT HAS TO!!! To delay it any further would be just ludicrous! But so was pushing it back from fall 2013 to fall 2014….

It wasn't as ludicrous as it was delaying it in the spring, in my opinion.

14624102136_053e40c9c7.jpg
[/url]Untitled by njf77, on Flickr[/IMG]

Saw this in FYE today as I was perusing the 19 dollar CDs. Do they know something?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I hate to think about how low we'll go if the album doesn't release this next fall! I think it will… IT HAS TO!!! To delay it any further would be just ludicrous! But so was pushing it back from fall 2013 2014 to fall 2014 2015….

:love:

I think I spent about $40 on the AB outakes CD's (3 or 4) back in 1994.

Gallery Archive | 37 Dawson Street

http://www.ypia.co.uk/assets/photos/events/994b88ef6ab27f4ff743770b8e274c12.jpg

I'm really excited about the video shoot rumour in November. These clubs are really cool, small venues but packed with music history.

I like the concept of having the biggest Band in the world playing sold-out Arenas and Stadiums perform on a small club stage for a video. This sounds very promising and exciting !

Food for thought :

Anyone remembers the video for "EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING" back in 1991 ? You see a lot of shots filmed in a small club-type of venue with the Red "ZOOTV" Neon ? :hmm: I wonder if they really played small club promo performances before "Acthung" came out...or was it staged for the video ?

Seems like they're trying to recapture that sense of fresh "reinvention" they had back in 1990...

Collab song with Niles Rodgers ? :hmm:

Album Cover by Julian Lennon ? :hmm:

Weres the rumored london one taking place? And how the hell (if its true) would you go about getting tickets for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom