LP 13 Future Tour Ideas n Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How bout giving that Pop encore another go at it?? Scrapped during the Vertigo Tour in favor of the Zoo TV encore. Please-Disco-Velvet Dress perhaps? Or at least bring back some POP tunes: Last Night on Earth, Please, If God Will Send His Angels, and yes......MIAMI. :D
That would be great.

If this next tour will be played in mostly arenas as the rumors said earlier on, then I can see them playing more intimate songs like Please or Velvet Dress. What would be totally great too is a full band electric versions of God will send his angels and Wake Up Dead Man :drool:

How bout giving that Pop encore another go at it?? Scrapped during the Vertigo Tour in favor of the Zoo TV encore. Please-Disco-Velvet Dress perhaps? Or at least bring back some POP tunes: Last Night on Earth, Please, If God Will Send His Angels, and yes......MIAMI. :D

Agreed.

Although you'd have to have MOFO opening the encore. Maybe they could rework it slightly like they did with Even Better...

Yeah I've heard that. It needs work but it's a start.

The only thing that's missing though is Edge's pitched-shifted soaring guitar at the start there which is one of the highlights of the track for me.

Yes most definitely :up: I also feel that there should be an intro or segue into it, ex: zoo baby for 360. Pop Muzik was great but it would take forever and im sure they wouldn't try that again.

Personally, I thought the Achtung Baby encore section was already a bit lame.
At least Achtung Baby is a classic album though.
To do something similar with POP. Well .......

Personally, I thought the Achtung Baby encore section was already a bit lame.
At least Achtung Baby is a classic album though.
To do something similar with POP. Well .......

In hindsight maybe the Achtung Baby encore seemed a little forced.

However when I experienced it live back in 2005, I loved it. Admittedly I had a few drinks down me at that point in the set but I never got to see those tracks live before so it was kind of a big deal for me.

The "Staring at the sun" version from the Clinton concert some years ago was quite interesting plus they pulled out A Man and a Woman for the first and last and only time. It's interesting that these rare moments seem to happen in an acoustic setting and/or with Bono and Edge only most of the time. Makes you wonder if stuff like that is even possible with the whole band performing.

That was a great show, indeed. Feel lucky to have been there :up:

Like to see an Azia/Oceania tour leg.
More interaction between U2's management, and the fans, but that's never gonna happen.

Also its just amazing how many people really want to see the best part of the POP album live. Myself included. :angry::angry: MORE POP
Please especially, THIS performance, give me goosebumps...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoMHYH7w26U

This, Mofo, Last Night on Earth would be a breath of fresh air in any U2 setlist since the 00's.
I would also like to see and hear them play Electric Co more.

I was just thinking today that electrical storm was underwhelming live and their acoustic sets on the 360 tour underwhelmed as well. But I'd actually like to see an acoustic version of Electrical Storm. Just kidding, that song sucks. However, the only way they can deliver an acoustic at this point is a) if the song style/texture isn't butchered and the lyrics are really good. Or b) something you wouldn't expect to hear acoustically, but actually delivers really well. I'd like to see The Fly full acoustic kinda like on From The Sky Down. I thought it was pretty cool and interesting. Just no more stuck in a moment. There's just nothing there with that song. It's some average lyrics to a pretty average sound. Once in a great while is okay, but no more than 3 times a tour.

I rather have them do full band Stuck in a Moment, either Elevation or Vertigo tour style. As for songs being played unexpectedly, I agree there. I would like to see A Man and a Woman be thrown into rotation, or even Love is Blindness.

I didn't see that version going anywhere. I think they should go in the other direction. More electronica, less rock.

How would they incorporate electronica without an overuse of backing tracks? "Less rock" is never a good thing when it comes to live U2. The version was very raw, but I feel it had the potential to evolve into something far more powerful. Alas, they didn't feel the same.

Back
Top Bottom