LP 13 Future Tour Ideas n Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOWY will be retired; One, SBS, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and Pride will be played rarely. Walk On and Stuck will be banished. Nothing from NLOTH will be played aside from Fez.

First of all, Walk On is a great song. No way it'll be banished. It will at least be in the rotation occasionally.
Secondly, WOWY will never retire.
Third, no chance in hell that Vertigo and Beautiful Day get played on occasion. They'll be an every night staple.
And last, why would you think a song like Fez, which has never even been played live, is most likely to be the only song from NLOTH? I'd be shocked, yet very excited if that song ever gets played. And I wouldn't be surprised to see gyob, magnificent, or moment of surrender(in some form) return occasionally.

If the theme of the album is indeed their roots, we may see the revival of some early songs like another time, another place, stories for boys, a day without me etc.

That would be terrific :drool: and I Fall Down, Twilight, 11 o'clock tick tock, even Another Day etc

I can't see them abandoning the runway idea - bono loves getting around the crowd too much. I'd like to see them pick a core of maybe 6-7 staples and 6-7 from the new album, and rotate the rest. I know they won't, as they need weeks rehearsing a song before they play it. I love the idea of new album start to finish, but this will depend entirely on it outdoing all expectations commercially. If the theme of the album is indeed their roots, we may see the revival of some early songs like another time, another place, stories for boys, a day without me etc.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I really hope they get rid of the runway. Bono should focus more on being in the songs than in soaking up the adulation of the crowd.

If they did revive songs from Boy and October I'd be overjoyed. It's criminal they haven't played Another Time or Twilight in 30 years.

First of all, Walk On is a great song. No way it'll be banished. It will at least be in the rotation occasionally.
Secondly, WOWY will never retire.
Third, no chance in hell that Vertigo and Beautiful Day get played on occasion. They'll be an every night staple.
And last, why would you think a song like Fez, which has never even been played live, is most likely to be the only song from NLOTH? I'd be shocked, yet very excited if that song ever gets played. And I wouldn't be surprised to see gyob, magnificent, or moment of surrender(in some form) return occasionally.

I think Fez will be played because it's never been played before, and because of the "being born" aspect. It depends of the album being about growing up, though. But really, they probably won't play anything from NLOTH. There were no hits, so....

Drop Walk On plz. It's a feel good song but doesn't present the 'wall of sound' that makes U2 the best act in in the world.

Replace 'ishfwilf' with One Tree Hill - Exit

Follow that couplet with a rotation of God Part II & In Gods Country

Oh for fucks sake please let Fez go. Theres no place for it in a 2 hr show given their overall body of work. Id sooner hear a good 20 or more of their far better 80s-early 90s forgotten songs that that yawner

Sent from my ass crack

I'm hoping that they open the show with Fez........and close the show with Fez.

Have to think that most of the set list will be from the last 3 *albums since most u2 fans have early onset Alzheimers or are deceased.

Thought of a great setlist
1. GOYB
2. Bullet (no instruments)
3. Playboy Mansion
4. GOYB
5. GOYB
6. Stand Up Comedy
7. Red Light
8. Walking On Sunshine (edge solo)
9. Slug
10. Zoo Station (acoustic)
11. Adam Karaoke
12. Larry Botox Injection/Pizza Delivery
13. GOYB
14. Lunch Lady Land
Encore: Bono rides a bike around the extended stage while rubbing cocoa butter on Adam's chest.
16. GOYB
17. Elevation
18. Vertigo
Encore 2: acoustic/orchestra set
19. Vertigo
20. Elevation
21. GOYB
Encore 3: Bono wears assless chaps and is shirtless.
22. Catering Service(new song)
23. Bono free style rap (larry falls asleep)
24. Welcome To McDonalds
-welcome to the jungle rewrite
25. A Celebration/GOYB(snippet)
26. Bad (38 minute version)

It will be a scaled down tour. Larry will be sitting behind the drums, which will make him happy. Larry will probably stand up, if they play "Invisible," which will make him look really pissed and glum. I agree that not many or no songs at all from NLOTH will be played.

I'd like to see U2Brother go up on stage on this next tour. Mirrorball helmet and all.

Oh and:

1) The return of Gone.

2) More snippets of Discotheque.

3) Less Sunday Bloody Sunday. How about Surrender instead? Bring back some of that mullet-swag, B Man.

4) Desire with electric guitar and MORE harmonica/cowbell.

5) Slide solo on Mysterious Ways, please. Why would they ever go without it?

6) Electric Co. and/or An Cat Dub/Into the Heart instead of Out of Control/I Will Follow.

7) I like Elevation. They can keep it in rotation. Make it rough. I want Edge tearing strings out of the guitar.

8) No Acrobat. It wouldn't fit anymore. It's a depressing song. Fantastic. But a boner killer.

9) Don't play that version of Mercy. Because because because you can't.

10) Listen, we know MOFO is one of the best intros next to the revamped Even Better Than the Real Thing and Zoo Station. But it needs to be modernized. A little cleaner on Edge's guitar. Same DRUMS AND BASS please. Dat groove and beat.

11) Until the End of the World is the best live. But if it's played too often, Bono stops singing it and starts speaking it.

12) Get on Your Boots. But it's lost its appeal. It came. It conquered us. We are so tired of its awkwardness by now.

13) Moment of Surrender is not appealing live. It's a stoic song you listen in solitude. Not with tens of thousands of people who are waiting for 40.

Catorce) If you need a slow song, let's hear White as Snow. Or cover Hurt. Actually, just cover Hurt.

15) Why the fuck have we not heard Dirty Day since '93? It's simple. It's great. It's the antithesis of Beautiful Day.

16) Vertigo. Vertigo. Vertigo. I'm at a place called Vertigo. Yeah, keep it in rotation. It's really good.

17) City of Blinding Lights. IT's tiiii--IIIII----iii----IIII-me to go. I could personally use Red Hill Mining Town...in a lower key. Never gonna happen! I know!

18) With or Without You. It's a song they are too comfortable with. It needs an injection of energy. Or drop it.

:up:
I don't necessarily feel this way about some of these songs, but I totally feel like this about the band's attitude towards their catalogue and the way they play it (or don't).
Totally agree with 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18.

fez-goes-cougar-hunting-on-raising-hope.jpg

I'd love to see Fire live in person. That's my favorite pre-War song.

Funny, I was listening to that last night and thinking it's simultaneously good and rubbish. I bet the band have forgotten it exists, they dropped it pretty quickly after debuting it and haven't been near it since I think.

Fire is nothing but a Saturday Night rewrite :sexywink:

seriously though. Saturday Night is great.. wonder why they changed it?

How bout giving that Pop encore another go at it?? Scrapped during the Vertigo Tour in favor of the Zoo TV encore. Please-Disco-Velvet Dress perhaps? Or at least bring back some POP tunes: Last Night on Earth, Please, If God Will Send His Angels, and yes......MIAMI. :D

How bout giving that Pop encore another go at it?? Scrapped during the Vertigo Tour in favor of the Zoo TV encore. Please-Disco-Velvet Dress perhaps? Or at least bring back some POP tunes: Last Night on Earth, Please, If God Will Send His Angels, and yes......MIAMI. :D

Please would be an amazing closer imo. It would be so anti-climatic and I love anti climatic endings.

Considering how immersive the past tours have been how can it be any more immersive for the next tour? Audio spotlights? Bono flying like Spiderman over the audience?

Back
Top Bottom