Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They give the end refrain more repetitions here, too. Why oh why did they cut the album version off so soon? I will never understand it. Prevented a great track from being truly fantastic.

Agreed. It's a big song that could've been flatout huge. Same thing with the lesser Get Out. One or two more "all night/alright" would've taken it up a level.

The latest remix y’all:

https://youtu.be/Ztq1lPcl8d0

I honestly have been listening to this non-stop the past couple of days! Flipping love this edm-focused take/alteration of the song. You just know I am going to play this for my friends here at college!!

The song holds up great. This should be the live treatment. Play Best Thing full band.

Yo, them recording something at Third Man is actually really damn cool.

They also recorded Red Flag Day, hopefully not acoustic.

There are few things I care about less with this band than acoustic versions of their songs.

The acoustic version(both on Ellen and this latest iteration) is a very average version of what is otherwise a great song.

I look forward to hearing this song at my Ei show as the live arrangement is very solid but if they give this the same treatment as Best Thing.....FO

They also recorded Red Flag Day, hopefully not acoustic.

There are few things I care about less with this band than acoustic versions of their songs.
Check out U2's Instagram today? Acoustic Red Flag Day it is!

I'd be interested in it, from the 30 seconds they posted it sounds pretty decent. Then again, I like alternate versions.

Check out U2's Instagram today? Acoustic Red Flag Day it is!

I'd be interested in it, from the 30 seconds they posted it sounds pretty decent. Then again, I like alternate versions.

I really enjoy alternate versions (big fan of the ISHFWILF alternate) but acoustic versions....not so much. RFD acoustic sounds like Love is Bigger, GOOYOW and Best Thing acoustic, very meh.

I really enjoy alternate versions (big fan of the ISHFWILF alternate) but acoustic versions....not so much. RFD acoustic sounds like Love is Bigger, GOOYOW and Best Thing acoustic, very meh.
Agreed in most regards. Once and a while I'm in the mood for some chill acoustic music and U2 is very hit and miss. Example acoustic Stuck in a Moment is well done and is a nice recording, whereas GOOYOW sounds half assed and poorly recorded imo.

I feel like they did acoustic well from ZooTV through the Elevation Tour. I remember getting into the band and listening to ZooTV ISHFWILF, Popmart Staring at the Sun and Elevation Stay, TGBHF and others and being in awe. Now the acoustic stuff just doesn't sound inspired to me.

Last edited:
Their acoustic output has always been week. I actually love Best Thing acoustic they released (not live tho). You hear the guitar and Edge has wonderful backing vocals

The rest, boring. They never got off this kick of thinking the song has to be strong with acoustic for it to be good.

One thing i loved about this band was the fact you couldn’t really play their songs the way they sound electric.

Sounds like they really want this song to take off, but I’m not sure a million remixes is the answer.

beats Sea Org
giphy.gif

Am I the only person who thinks all of the GOOYOW and Love is Bigger remixes as well as the Record Store Day remix of blackout have been embarrassingly bad?

Becks remix of LOH, while far from great, has been the best of the lot and I look forward to his Love is Bigger remix but really.....the remixes we have heard have been soooooo bad(Kygos was solid).

Beck's remix of Love is Bigger is fine. his remix of Lights of Home is an atrocity.

Still, they are trying WAY too hard to make this ~the~ song.

Beck's remix of Love is Bigger is fine. his remix of Lights of Home is an atrocity.

Still, they are trying WAY too hard to make this ~the~ song.
It's a pretty damn good song.

But what I don't get is why the hell they didn't release this first if they thought this was THE song. Why go through the ridiculousness of Best Thing, Get Out and American Soul?

Their choice are baffling.

Back
Top Bottom