Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought it in iTunes and somehow it deleted "summer of love". It wouldn't let me download it again, because I already had it. I searched my entire computer and the file was just gone. So I just illegally downloaded it and stuck in the appropriate place (that's what she said).

I found that the song was "HIDDEN" in my iTunes account! WTF?! You may have your song as well. Go to this link and follow it to see:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208167

Love is bigger being pushed by Interscope in US now apparently??

If true.....

While Summer of Love would have made much more better sense because summer is coming and thematically it is a s relevant as the day it was written given things in Syria....I’m on board with LIBTAIIW.

Jumping in to say I do think this was/is their best shot at a semi-hit. I see no reason why this song wouldn't be as good a background noise track at Target as any other. I say that in the nicest way possible.

Fingers crossed.

It’s too late. They do this too often. They release the best (or most single friendly) song second-fourth and the average punter is already sick of them. They wait three years, and if they released the right song, they could get some momentum.

U2 posted images on their Instagram story featuring the title of LIBTAIIW. Signs of a music video coming?

I'm all for confrontation. I would prefer a CSNY situation where people walk out like during the "Living With War" tour. The band is not going to change any minds so might as well embrace their core, progressive-minded audience.

It’s too late. They do this too often. They release the best (or most single friendly) song second-fourth and the average punter is already sick of them. They wait three years, and if they released the right song, they could get some momentum.

This.

Good luck to those thinking this is going to breathe life into a 6 month-old album.

Counterpoint: nobody has given enough a shit about the album thus far, so something of quality might actually make people notice who otherwise didn't even know they had a new album.

This isntike Boots where people outside of hardcore fans were actually anticipating new U2.

I'm of this mind. As far as most people outside this forum are concerned, this might be the first single off the "new U2" album.

Yea I don't think people can be tirer of something they don't even care about.

In past years, sure - fuck up the launch and it's over. This launch went over without much fanfare - even the backlash over the NCAA theme didn't really go far. People don't really give a crap about U2 right now, which might be the perfect time to surprise them.

Or, ya know, people could still not care.

I just think they had done a lot over the last three years to build goodwill and respect (JT your, opposing Trump, Bono’s near death experience) that they have spent/wasted on the wrong songs. I think if this had been first, we’d be talking about either the fact they can’t cut through any more, or that they nailed a final chance at relevance. What they did was a cop out - don’t throw the Hail Mary trying to succeed to you don’t find out what people really think

I guess they'd have a meltdown if they saw the Anton Corbijn video for One... sad.

Yea I don't think people can be tirer of something they don't even care about.

In past years, sure - fuck up the launch and it's over. This launch went over without much fanfare - even the backlash over the NCAA theme didn't really go far. People don't really give a crap about U2 right now, which might be the perfect time to surprise them.

Or, ya know, people could still not care.

Fair enough, but I’d consider the Grammy appearance to be part of a fairly big launch, and like SNL they featured one of the album’s worst songs.

I just think they had done a lot over the last three years to build goodwill and respect (JT your, opposing Trump, Bono’s near death experience) that they have spent/wasted on the wrong songs. I think if this had been first, we’d be talking about either the fact they can’t cut through any more, or that they nailed a final chance at relevance. What they did was a cop out - don’t throw the Hail Mary trying to succeed to you don’t find out what people really think

Again, this.

Better late then never, I guess. My three least favorite tracks on the album have already been released, so there’s nowhere to go but up for me at this point.

Fair enough, but I’d consider the Grammy appearance to be part of a fairly big launch, and like SNL they featured one of the album’s worst songs.

Again, this.

Better late then never, I guess. My three least favorite tracks on the album have already been released, so there’s nowhere to go but up for me at this point.

The biggest disappointment for me in this era is the missed opportunity - they actually had the songs to have a crack at relevance, and they ducked up the singles.

Love is Bigger - it’s cheesy, but you can’t help but love it

Little Things - they can still nail the emotional songs - wow I didn’t realise they could still be this good

The Blackout - wow, this one rocks, it’s modern, but its them. I know why I loved this band now.

Yeah, we'll never know what would have happened with SOI and a normal release. Had they stuck with The Miracle as the first single, probably not much. But if Reach Around stayed as the opening track, maybe they would have gone in a different direction.

Personally, I think the two tracks on there that would have raised the most ears as a lead single are Volcano and California. Not saying they're the best tracks (though I love both), but one harkens back to the War era and the other was a new pop direction the band hadn't tried before.

With this album, you had the same thing with Red Flag Day and Love Is Bigger (to an extent), plus The Blackout, which I maintain could have appealed to the young rock crowd if it had a full-on single push instead of that tease/preview bullshit. Little Things has power, but as a lead single I don't like it, too much in territory now covered by Coldplay.

And I still think Love Is Bigger ends too soon, that singalong refrain needed at least one more repeat at the end.

Back
Top Bottom