LOT'S OF U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 are now on a par with The Beatles and Elvis as the biggest music acts of all time. They will get played on the radio.

Your lucky if that your radio stations play a lot of U2. Here in the UK our biggest radio station BBC Radio 2 hardly ever plays U2. I think i've heard about 3 U2 songs in the past six months.

A dedicated channel for U2 would be awesome...on a side note, the other day I heard Sweetest Thing on the olympics..that was pretty cool :)

There's no alternative rock stations in Philadelphia. They got rid of Y100.

WMMR in Philly plays a ton of U2. Literally almost all of the DJs are fans of U2 in some aspect, so that may be why. Also WMMR was one of the first stations to play U2 in the US. Guarenteed when something new leaks or is released, WMMR will be one of the first to play it, and they also usually do special promos like U2 blocks every hour.

Isn't Bob just a computer somewhere underground in Kansas or something that spits out the same music to scores of different radio antennas across the country?

I didn't know that Bob went everywhere; I didn't even know that he was a computer. Bob played "Staring at the Sun" once and I was impressed.

WMMR in Philly plays a ton of U2. Literally almost all of the DJs are fans of U2 in some aspect, so that may be why. Also WMMR was one of the first stations to play U2 in the US. Guarenteed when something new leaks or is released, WMMR will be one of the first to play it, and they also usually do special promos like U2 blocks every hour.

MMR! :drool: Dude, this was the station I grew up with--right until I moved away to college. :sigh:

I was in Australia recently; it was great as all their radio stations were locked in a time warp of playing 80s music bands. They played a U2 song per hour. 10 radio stations playing a U2 song once an hour. You could virtually have U2 on all the time. From “I will Follow” to “Window in the Skies”. 24/7.

I was in Australia recently; it was great as all their radio stations were locked in a time warp of playing 80s music bands. They played a U2 song per hour. 10 radio stations playing a U2 song once an hour. You could virtually have U2 on all the time. From “I will Follow” to “Window in the Skies”. 24/7.
Where were you and what radio station where you listening to? Triple MMM is an 80's fest, granted . . .

Back
Top Bottom