Linear Tracklist vs. NLOTH Tracklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
i'm sorry, this had to be done, now that we've heard Winter. :wink:

so far, i think i still like the NLOTH tracklisting better, but 2 things that stuck out to me about the Linear tracklist is that the UC-Breathe and Magnificent-SUC transitions are really quite good.

for those of you who don't know the Linear Tracklist, here it is:

1. Unknown Caller
2. Breathe
3. Winter
4. White As Snow
5. No Line On The Horizon
6. Fez-Being Born
7. Magnificent
8. Stand Up Comedy
9. Get On Your Boots
10. Moment Of Surrender
11. Cedars Of Lebanon

Discuss! :D

Winter is a really awful song when compared to what's on NLOTH, so NLOTH tracklisting is way better...
But how do you know the tracklisting. The whole film leaked too? I thought it was just Winter....

The tracklisting has already been confirmed and is plainly viewable on U2's website. "Crazy Tonight" is not included in the film.

So hard to decide until I actually see Linear. I'm pretty excited. I wonder if the media will pay attention to Linear, will be a shame if its great and doesn't get noticed.

So hard to decide until I actually see Linear. I'm pretty excited. I wonder if the media will pay attention to Linear, will be a shame if its great and doesn't get noticed.

I was thinking about this too. Its strange to think that there is a feature length film out there directed by the dude that did Control and starring a guy from Lost and Three Kings, that few people will actually see.

I wonder what the budget was for Linear? It couldn't have been entirely cheap.

I did see a screenshot from Linear with the band playing in their studio with a bunch of christmas lights:

linear05.jpg

So I don't think they went all out with the production costs :lol:

If the order of tracks fits the film, then it's good that way.

For the album, I still say the actual album trackorder is the best.

It's not half bad...but a shame they buried the music from the Dallas clip...very hidden in there...I agree the band was right this was kind of half done

Has anyone seen this yet? I am very curious to see if it is really worth buying the physical DVD.

watched it this morning. it is awful, and extremely boring. mostly a guy riding a motorcylce. literally he is driving the motorcyle for 30 minutes of the "film". i don't think it adds anything to the album/ music at all.

i would be really suprised if anyone watches this thing more than once. definetly not worth the money.

watched it this morning. it is awful, and extremely boring. mostly a guy riding a motorcylce. literally he is driving the motorcyle for 30 minutes of the "film". i don't think it adds anything to the album/ music at all.

i would be really suprised if anyone watches this thing more than once. definetly not worth the money.

Are there any other sound options on the DVD like DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1?

I wish they had tinkered with Winter rather than spending a year trying to fix SUC, which still sounds like a muscular riff+U2 cliches. And then dropped that baby in the 7 spot. OR EBW, if that's half decent.

Sorry, SUC is fine but I hate it because of how much I like the rest.:reject:

Are there any other sound options on the DVD like DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1?

just watched the downloaded version on my computer. sorry don't know that yet.

i would consider buying it if it was in a 5.1 mix, but considering u2 has never done that (outside of concert dvds) i highly doubt that will happen here.

just watched the downloaded version on my computer. sorry don't know that yet.

i would consider buying it if it was in a 5.1 mix, but considering u2 has never done that (outside of concert dvds) i highly doubt that will happen here.

Thanks for the info. :up:

Oh did the music have dialogue over top of it or was it separate?

Thanks for the info. :up:

Oh did the music have dialogue over top of it or was it separate?

no dialogue. its just an extended music video. there is very little story line at all. you know all the story if you have read the various interviews about it. imo, it looks like anton put the whole thing together in a weekend. i didn't have high hopes at all, and was still disappointed. i probably never watch it again.

you realize that this is meant to be a piece of Anton Corbijn's work as well as U2's music? It's not like they just picked Anton from a hat and said, "ok director man, you are going to make this film about our record." It's a collaborative work to showcase both artists (U2 and Anton Corbijn) it's not meant to be a drawn out U2 music video. The film is art and does'nt have to have a story line.

so uh.....does anyone actually have feelings on the alternate tracklist order? that's what this thread is supposed to be about.

as for the original topic. i like this track order, but haven't listened to it that way enough yet. it gives the album a whole different feel.

you realize that this is meant to be a piece of Anton Corbijn's work as well as U2's music? It's not like they just picked Anton from a hat and said, "ok director man, you are going to make this film about our record." It's a collaborative work to showcase both artists (U2 and Anton Corbijn) it's not meant to be a drawn out U2 music video. The film is art and does'nt have to have a story line.

ah yes, make a black and white 'film', put some long drawn out shots of very emotionally tortured facial expressions, burning motorcycles, and throw in 30 minutes of a guy riding a motorcycle and its art.

i know exactly what it was supposed to be. i was answering a question about dialogue (which implies a question about the storyline). i think it is terrible, pretentious, and extremely boring. art is subjective. that is why i said i will never watch again.

maybe you will get something really artistic out of the 5 minutes of watching a motorcycle burn, and the way the smoke swirls. if you do, great watch it over and over.

You know, I actually think NLOTH has a better tracklisting than Linear.

me too, which is nice. i was so afraid that Linear's tracklisting would be a major upgrade and we'd all complain for years and years about this.

i do enjoy Linear's tracklisting too though. it's almost like telling a story in a different order. :)

me too, which is nice. i was so afraid that Linear's tracklisting would be a major upgrade and we'd all complain for years and years about this.

i do enjoy Linear's tracklisting too though. it's almost like telling a story in a different order. :)

I like UC as an opener, but after that things go askew. WAS has NO BUSINESS being one of the first few tracks... That's crazy!

i agree with UC as opener, and like the way nloth breaks in right after was.

i also really like mos 2nd to last though. makes for a very different feel to the album overall.

i don't think its better than the album, b/c i love the last three songs on the album.

I did see a screenshot from Linear with the band playing in their studio with a bunch of christmas lights:

linear05.jpg

So I don't think they went all out with the production costs :lol:
Is it just me, or does this sort of look like an old red/green 3D movie?
:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom