Letterman Wednesday (3/4): "I'll Go Crazy..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow "Crazy" was amazing!!!
That was just brilliant, especially the end of the performance --it was so moving. And the standing ovation :hyper: :drool:

I loved it!

I like how Letterman's house band has been playing U2 songs themselves during many of the commercial breaks. Wonder what U2 thinks of their playing!

The first few times I heard I'll Go Crazy, I wasn't too impressed, but it's grown on me a lot. Great performance.

This performance has made me an instant fan of the song. It just has raw emotion and power, and the bridge is sick. The studio version is a bit cheesy still, but live it just busts out.

they are absolutely dominating this entire week on Letterman. great decision publicity wise

It is my favorite song on the album -- even more so now.

So far they played my 3 favorites back to back to back... love it.

one of the youtube comments about Larry:

"Letterman has the best sense of humor. Love that guy. Seriously though, why won't the drummer age? Is anyone else alarmed about this?"

:giggle:

Bono's effort is appreciated. It's fine if he doesn't hit everything perfectly, he is trying his best and you can just see him belting as hard as he can, and it's great.

That last "HIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLL IT's A MOUNTAAAAAIN!" was awesome! :rockon:

I havent been a huge fan of this song, though its been growing on my over the past little while. But that performance was fucking awesome. Two weeks ago I would've never thought that this song would give me that spine tingly feeling :up:

I like how Letterman's house band has been playing U2 songs themselves during many of the commercial breaks. Wonder what U2 thinks of their playing!

Yeah, they played almost 10 mins of Beautiful Day yesterday while Adam, Edge and Larry stood/sat there with their instruments and I read it was the case tonight too with One.

I quite liked that performance! The boys are performing as if they were on tour already, performances are very tight! The "shouting!!!" part was awesome. Bono's voice is great. Everybody in the band is actually!

The Top 10 was much better than I expected. This things can be disastrous but it worked out pretty well. Larry in particular was great! So far so great! I think this might be really helping them out to sell the new album!

I don't know, I actually didn't think it sounded all that great. Seemed like Bono was kind of just shouting and not singing the words. I'm not that concerned with it as it is a very early performance of the song and it will undoubtedly get better, but still, kind of surprised at how happy everybody was with it.

I gotta say all of the new material sounds absolutely fantastic live! And we haven't even heard a couple of potentially huge songs - Unknown Caller and Moment of Surrender. And there's Fez-Being Born, which I fear may not be played live.

Bring on the tour!

Once again, a great performance. I dont know if it is my crap TV up here at school or the technologically challenged person using it, but I can not judge any of these songs until I plug my good headphones in and get a youtube video.

U2 never really has a bad live performance. I am sure you could point to 1 or 2 times they completely tanked, but it was usually only for a song or 2 during a tour show, etc. There have been somewhat not up to U2 standard performances of songs on TV shows, promotional appearances, etc, we could all point to a few of those. It always happens at least once or twice. That being said, we are through about a month and a half of the NLOTH promotion(starting arguably at inaguration) and NOTHING has fallen flat yet. Every live performance has been top notch, with songs that are much harder than the average U2 song to translate into a live setting.

Through Night 3 in Letterman, everything has been spot on perfect! I have always loved Breathe, Magn, and Crazy but to think that these songs could get even better live on the 1st attempts is just amazing. As brazilian fly said, this is really helping U2, they could not be doing a better job than they are this week of playing these songs and getting so many people, many of whom are casual fans AT BEST into them after the have just sat through an hour of talking.

And there's Fez-Being Born, which I fear may not be played live.

I hope they play Fez-Being Born! I'm tired of some of my favorite songs being the one or two songs from an album that are never played live! :sad: Acrobat, When I Look at the World, Yahweh (never in full band anyway), Drowning Man, Heartland, Red Hill Mining Town. . . :sigh:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT....that was an AMAZING performance....especially considering it was Crazy Tonight's live debut! That gave me chils...holy shitttttttttt...just imagine what these songs will sound like in a stadium setting on the tour :ohmy:

I hope they play Fez-Being Born! I'm tired of some of my favorite songs being the one or two songs from an album that are never played live! :sad: Acrobat, When I Look at the World, Yahweh (never in full band anyway), Drowning Man, Heartland, Red Hill Mining Town. . . :sigh:

I have no facts to back me up, but Fez-Being Born just strikes me as NLOTH's Acrobat. I hope to be proven wrong.

Anyhow, great performance of Crazy. I hope this helps the song receive the praise it deserves. Definitely the most underrated song on the album so far.

Fark they totally nailed it! Can't wait to hear these tunes live, please-fucking-please bring this tour to Oz...:combust:

Agree about FEZ/BB - I'll add COL - two tracks that would be tops live.. I don't think they will get Letterman treatment - NLOTH / SUC / MOS / UC will be the deciders for the remaining two nights.. haha - it makes you realise there's some really decent tunes on the album hey..?

Back
Top Bottom