Letterman Wednesday (3/4): "I'll Go Crazy..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jon_lemire

Acrobat
I was there for the taping and can confirm that U2 played I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight. This was its live debut, right? From the audience anyway, it sounded great. Bono was a bit tentative at first (he stayed at the mic stand instead of wandering the stage as usual) but the song picked up dramatically near the end and the crowd, once again, leapt out of their seats to give them a standing ovation. It was terrific.

Also, the band did the Top 10 list....and it was hysterical. I won't spoil it, but the four members walked out, gave a goofy bow to the audience, and proceeded to read off the list. Most of the entries were good, but the two best belonged to Larry and (especially) The Edge, who seemed to ad-lib one that brought the house down and had Letterman himself in stitches.

I'm betting we get a new song tomorrow too....the word is that the band stayed late at the theater last night to rehearse. I suspect it'll either be No Line on the Horizon or Stand Up Comedy. Also, they advertised that U2 would be doing an interview segment tomorrow, too.

Additionally, it was really cool to hear so many Late Show personnel raving about the lads...Dave's said it several times on air already, and so many behind-the-scene staffers were talking about how great the band's been all week and what an energy they've brought to the show (and the crowds) all week. The word "electric" was used to describe the atmosphere several times. Great stuff.

(PS - As an aside, when I was at a bar after the taping, I looked up to the TV and saw Larry at tonight's Knicks game! He was at the Garden and even got interviewed by the MSG Network sideline reporter. Alas, the volume was off so I couldn't hear what he was saying)

Thanks bro!! I was totally speculating (to myself of course) that it would be SUC or IGCIIDGCT. Very exciting, maybe I'll stay up for this one, even though they close and it's a bit late. Congrats on making the taping. Very excellent news!! :applaud:

:applaud: Very very cool!!!!

I hope they do No Line instead of Stand Up.

Me too. I still feel that the album version of NLOTH is pretty awkward (mainly because of the way they changed the chorus from version 2), but the live performance on the BBC was outstanding.

"Favorite U2 song?"

Larry: "Where The Streets Have No Name".

:up:

also, Larry seemed kinda drunk.

I was there for the taping and can confirm that U2 played I'll Go Crazy if I Don't Go Crazy Tonight. This was its live debut, right? From the audience anyway, it sounded great. Bono was a bit tentative at first (he stayed at the mic stand instead of wandering the stage as usual) but the song picked up dramatically near the end and the crowd, once again, leapt out of their seats to give them a standing ovation. It was terrific.

Also, the band did the Top 10 list....and it was hysterical. I won't spoil it, but the four members walked out, gave a goofy bow to the audience, and proceeded to read off the list. Most of the entries were good, but the two best belonged to Larry and (especially) The Edge, who seemed to ad-lib one that brought the house down and had Letterman himself in stitches.

I'm betting we get a new song tomorrow too....the word is that the band stayed late at the theater last night to rehearse. I suspect it'll either be No Line on the Horizon or Stand Up Comedy. Also, they advertised that U2 would be doing an interview segment tomorrow, too.

Additionally, it was really cool to hear so many Late Show personnel raving about the lads...Dave's said it several times on air already, and so many behind-the-scene staffers were talking about how great the band's been all week and what an energy they've brought to the show (and the crowds) all week. The word "electric" was used to describe the atmosphere several times. Great stuff.

(PS - As an aside, when I was at a bar after the taping, I looked up to the TV and saw Larry at tonight's Knicks game! He was at the Garden and even got interviewed by the MSG Network sideline reporter. Alas, the volume was off so I couldn't hear what he was saying)

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Reading how everyone at the show is raving about U2 put a big smile on my face. :D

I had been telling my brother that I predicted that Crazy would debut tonight-- I am so happy that this in fact is true. I can't wait to see the performance. :drool:
Crazy is one of my favorite songs :hyper:

I never noticed Larry talked with his hands so much. I thought he was gonna hit that woman in the face!

the album one imho is by miles superior.

When I listen to NLOTH 2 I always feel like this is what the album version should sound like when it's played live. A great groove, more energy, a little faster pace, and obviously more stripped down.

For this reason NLOTH (album) sounds very subdued and benign to me, as if it's NLOTH 2 in slow motion.

I totally called it in the other thread. I thought either 'Stand up Comedy' or 'I'll Go Crazy'. Can't wait to hear it in a little under an hour.

Larry= a frozen in time 18 year old irishman who hates to talk, but will after a few.

Sorry, Sicy. :oops: I wish I knew how to do all that technology stuff or I'd upload it myself. I'll let you know what happens if you'd like. The show just returned from commercial and they (U2) should be on soon.

Top Ten list: "Things U2 has Learned Over the Years".

It's ok, I'm just doing my usual bitching about being on the west coast. :sad:

Larry= a frozen in time 18 year old irishman who hates to talk, but will after a few.

He must've ran out of his secret potion during the last tour, because he actually looked a little older....apparently he's got a new batch though

Back
Top Bottom