Letterman Wednesday (3/4): "I'll Go Crazy..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i agree. it still ranks 2nd to last on NLOTH for me, but the live performance was really good. i could actually see this song open up the 2nd encore this tour kind of like WITS did on the last leg of Vertigo Tour.

My guess, as this song bears the name TONIGHT and CRAZY it relates so much with fans that are usually crazy during the gigs (that happens most of the time in the night time ;) ) Having said that, it might be easily done during the 10 first songs in the set list. I'd die for that ;)

I think SYCMIOYO will segue into this, specially because the opening guitar.

I have to disagree since the songs use completely different guitars (Gretsch vs. Rickenbacker (sp?)), although I agree that that tones are similar and it wouldn't be a bad transition between the two.

Wow, that was seriously awesome! Always liked the song, and I'm not surprised it's moving up a notch live. This will be a fantastically uplifting moment every night on tour :up:

But really, they are killing it on Letterman this week. I'm very very impressed as I often think they don't do all that well on TV shows.

Well lets see here is what has been played so far:

Mon:Breathe
Tue:Magnificent
Wed:Crazy Tonight(still like this title better than IGCIIDGCT)

With Get On Your Boots taped for Friday's show My guess for Thursday night is Moment of Surrender or Stand Up Comedy.

Crazy tonight was my favorite performance this week. Edge's guitar sounds so :drool: ..the band is just nailing it!

Awesome performance. Awesome song too, screw the haters.

I'm guessing tonight will be NLOTH, but I'd be happy with anything really. I just don't see how they could not play the title track of an album they're pushing, especially since they have already tried it out on a show before and it sounded good.

Yeah, I was really impressed by "I'll Go Crazy..." It seemed a little more raw and live, with less of the crazy backing tracks that the other songs seems to have.

Awesome performance. Awesome song too, screw the haters.

I'm guessing tonight will be NLOTH, but I'd be happy with anything really. I just don't see how they could not play the title track of an album they're pushing, especially since they have already tried it out on a show before and it sounded good.

So screw people that don't agree with you that Crazy Tonight is a good song? That's mature. :doh:

Nope, nope, nope....!!
Bono started of really straining on the first "it's not a hill..." it sounded like "hell" instead of "hill" as someone else correctly stated here in this forum. He wasn't singing, he was screaming! He sounded afraid he wouldn't reach the notes... and therefore screamed the first chorus. So that sounded really bad to me...

Later on indeed, it got better... the "baby, baby," part sounded more confident. I think those words are easier for Bono to sing high-pitched than an "open" word like "hill"..

Yeah, but I think all the songs have started off shaky and then warmed up – and that’s pretty common for them on TV/awards etc for some reason.

I don’t think much of Crazy Tonight either, it would definitely be my 2nd least favourite on the album as well, but that was a really great performance.

Great performance!

Now bring on Unknown Caller........please:hyper:

Nope, nope, nope....!!
Bono started of really straining on the first "it's not a hill..." it sounded like "hell" instead of "hill" as someone else correctly stated here in this forum. He wasn't singing, he was screaming! He sounded afraid he wouldn't reach the notes... and therefore screamed the first chorus. So that sounded really bad to me...

Later on indeed, it got better... the "baby, baby," part sounded more confident. I think those words are easier for Bono to sing high-pitched than an "open" word like "hill"..

singing the word "hill" in that tune is very difficult.

Yeah, but I think all the songs have started off shaky and then warmed up – and that’s pretty common for them on TV/awards etc for some reason.

I don’t think much of Crazy Tonight either, it would definitely be my 2nd least favourite on the album as well, but that was a really great performance.

Seconded.

So did we hear from anyone who was at the taping today?

Seconded.

So did we hear from anyone who was at the taping today?

wouldn't that be great if they played Fez-Being Born? won't happen, but how cool would that be.

for some reason, my gut tells me they're playing Vertigo tonight.

for some reason, my gut tells me they're playing Vertigo tonight.

:doh:

I’m all for them dropping an oldie in there, but aside from my personal feelings about the song, there’s surely still massive Vertigo-fatigue out there, and it is really, really not a knock-‘em-dead song at all. If they’re going for older, and energy, you know what they should do? Until the End of the World. A huge % of viewers would still have never heard it, and it would bring the fucking house down.

:doh:

I’m all for them dropping an oldie in there, but aside from my personal feelings about the song, there’s surely still massive Vertigo-fatigue out there, and it is really, really not a knock-‘em-dead song at all. If they’re going for older, and energy, you know what they should do? Until the End of the World. A huge % of viewers would still have never heard it, and it would bring the fucking house down.

i would faint if they played that. :drool: luckily, i'll be sitting on the couch during the show.

i would faint if they played that. :drool: luckily, i'll be sitting on the couch during the show.

And you know they'd sell a truckload of NLOTH tomorrow from it, which will get really awkard about an hour later when everyone realises it's not actually on that album at all.

But yeah, they should do something like that. Vertigo is energy and all, but it peaks and holds from the beginning. Not a work the crowd, built it to a crescendo song at all. And it would be very "Oh. Vertigo. Whatever." for most viewers.

And you know they'd sell a truckload of NLOTH tomorrow from it, which will get really awkard about an hour later when everyone realises it's not actually on that album at all.

But yeah, they should do something like that. Vertigo is energy and all, but it peaks and holds from the beginning. Not a work the crowd, built it to a crescendo song at all. And it would be very "Oh. Vertigo. Whatever." for most viewers.

including me.

i just wish they'd break out Unknown Caller or Being Born. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom