Letterman - Magnificent Performance (3/3/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time for bed....not that I want to :) I hope to be able to walk tomorrow never mind work :)

Ah, so that was the taping you attended? Awesome, so thrilled for you! :)

Thanks - that song is up there with my fave U2 songs so I was ecstatic when it first started.

Can I just say that band is remarkably nice (I think Letterman alluded to that today) - they've been so generous meeting with the fans before and after all the shows - I think they realize they/we were waiting in the cold for them for so long and sympathized even though they were obviously cold themselves!
(That's the coldest I've experienced all winter and I'm from Canada!)

:drool: Best song on a great album = phenomenal live performance.
Can anyone else see this song being played live right next to Streets for years to come??

Nice performance, loved the audience reaction. :up:

I hope they play only new songs this week. I'd love to hear NLOTH.

Btw, who did Bono say Happy Birthday to in the end?

Love that song. I bet Letterman's people told Bono not to make everyone get all excited and stand up this time.

Anyway, the performance was epic of course, because the song is incredible. I don't mind when Bono doesn't sound perfect like the album vocals, I like that his voice always sounds LIVE and in color :D

The only thing I would have changed, is after Larry's first big drum roll intro thingy, when he hits the cymbal and Edge's guitar riff starts, have some cool type of lighting effect that illuminates the stage or shines brightly, like they do for Streets. It would just be a huge exuberant moment to start the song. :hyper:

Love that song. I bet Letterman's people told Bono not to make everyone get all excited and stand up this time.

Someone yesterday said they were telling people not to stand up during the performance too. What's the deal with Letterman's studio people wanting everyone to sit on their hands?

The only thing I would have changed, is after Larry's first big drum roll intro thingy, when he hits the cymbal and Edge's guitar riff starts, have some cool type of lighting effect that illuminates the stage or shines brightly, like they do for Streets. It would just be a huge exuberant moment to start the song. :hyper:

Yeah, good call :up:

Best song they have done in ages in my view. Really like Edg'e guitar on this song, very Achtung Baby sounding. I thought some of Bono's vocals were exceptional and showed real power, certainly towards the latter part of the performance. This will be huge live and should have been the first single.

Loving the last 2 performances.... Great start of the week - now just hoping (please, please, PLEASEEEEE) they play MoS :drool: Can't wait to hear that live!

I feel sorry for people who are not into this band. When they are in full flight they truly are 'Magnificent'.

Loving the last 2 performances.... Great start of the week - now just hoping (please, please, PLEASEEEEE) they play MoS :drool: Can't wait to hear that live!

yeah, same...I don't think we will hear MOS live too often, but I have a feeling MOS could be the most epic song on the album live...I could imagine Bono just going insane live....

I feel sorry for people who are not into this band. When they are in full flight they truly are 'Magnificent'.

haha, I know exactly what you mean...when my friends bash U2, I just tell them it's their loss....:shrug:

I can see Magnificent blowing the roof off in concert, it's by far my favourite song on the album (after only a handful of listens admittedly) and its good to see it taking Interference's top stop in the 'best tracks' poll, I wholeheartedly agree. :D

I can see Magnificent blowing the roof off in concert, it's by far my favourite song on the album (after only a handful of listens admittedly) and its good to see it taking Interference's top stop in the 'best tracks' poll, I wholeheartedly agree. :D

:yes:

absolutely glorious song . . . very close runner up is Breathe :heart:

thanks to the bods who are posting links . . . you are champions

fantastic performance - crossing all my fingers and toes that I get to see this one live one day soon :yes:

Letterman said to Adam "I could feel that in my chest" He was talking about Adam's bass.

A great performance. This song is going to kill during the tour

Is that what he was talking about? Thanks, I couldn't have figured that out.:D

:wave:

Audio...

U2_Magnificent_03-03-2009_Letterman_Show.*mp3, http://www.send space.com/file/e5mo6z (8mb)

Flash video...

U2_Sketch_02-03-2009_Letterman.flv http://www.send space.com/file/g4ovhw (17mb, encoded from HD video)

U2_Magnificent_03-03-2009_Letterman.flv http://www.send space.com/file/dl955x (43mb, encoded from HD video)

HD video...

Sketch #1

http://www.u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=4521

Magnificent performance

http://www.u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=4522 Sample screencap (1920x1080)

Back
Top Bottom