Letterman - Magnificent Performance (3/3/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know what they might be playing tomorrow, thursday, and friday?

I imagine it might be MOS, NLOTH, and GOYB, but that's just my guess...

Please do NLOTH this week...PLEASE do NLOTH this week... :mantra: :fingerscrossed:

NLOTH, MOS, then Boots on Friday, would rock my world. :rockon:

U2 way was cold. very cold. but pretty fucking cool to be there for that. like 5 feet away! ahh.

I hate you, jk :p

I too loved it when Dave told Adam he could feel it in his chest, just tremendous, he said.:up:
Then he told Bono, "you should do this for a living" :lol:

Phenomenal show. Can't wait till tomorrow. :hyper:
Nite, nite.

Does anyone know what they might be playing tomorrow, thursday, and friday?

I imagine it might be MOS, NLOTH, and GOYB, but that's just my guess...

I wish they would do MOS, but since that one is more than 7 minutes long, time might be an issue - unless they make cuts in the song, which I would hate to see them do.

NLOTH would be great, though. So would Unknown Caller or Stand Up Comedy.

Wow Letterman was very compliemtry...couldnt have said it better myself :)

This album sounded to be a challenge to play live when I first heard it but boy they are pulling it off well....this will be a tour to see!

Bono's voice was a little wonky in spots, but that didn't even matter, it really was electric. The audience looked so psyched! So many people grinning from ear to ear.

Including me! It was a blast - loads of U2 fans in there - the applause must have been loud because I couldn't hear a word Dave was saying to the camera at the very end.

I wish they would do MOS, but since that one is more than 7 minutes long, time might be an issue - unless they make cuts in the song, which I would hate to see them do.

NLOTH would be great, though. So would Unknown Caller or Stand Up Comedy.

True, I hadn't considered the length of MOS... I personally would love to hear COL; it's quickly become my favorite song on the album, but they'd probably be crazy to play it in a forum like the late show...

Very very very good performance...Bono isn't perfect but he's electric....and the sound is good...Magnificent had to be the 1 single.

Could they play MOS in its entirety? It's 7 minutes long and they're generally on towards the end of the show in the last maybe five, six minutes. It would be sweet though to hear that one live, but I'm betting on I'll Go Crazy or Stand Up Comedy along with Boots to round out the week. BTW, Edge is looking hot in the plaid. :drool: Bring on more plaid for the Edge! Larry was looking rather handsome as well in the black sweater with the slicked back hair. These guys make the late '40s look cool!

Well, whatever the song is they definitely need a lot of rehearsing because they stuck around Letterman's studios even after the rest of them (Paul Shaffer, etc) had left the building in order to rehearse for tomorrow.

Thank you for the video. Getting me all emotional again. I freaking love this song so much.

Bono flubbed some lyrics though? :lol: Oh well that's nothing new. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom