Letterman - Magnificent Performance (3/3/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everybody kept asking why i looked so tired today haha...it will be a long week but its worth it :)

Everybody kept asking why i looked so tired today haha...it will be a long week but its worth it :)

I admire those of you who can do it! :D I love U2, but I love my sleep and my sanity more. :lol: I'm pretty bitchy when I don't get enough rest. I'm going to wait a little bit longer, but I don't mind waiting until tomorrow to see the video.

Had a stupid grin on my face for the second consecutive night. Great performance. My only complaint would be about the bass. Did anyone else have trouble hearing it or was it my tv? Its such an important part of the song. Not U2's fault though and besides, Dave could certainly hear it

I dont think I can do it for the rest of the week...I was and am litterally dead right now but for 5 minutes i wake up when the music comes on :)

I can't go to bed...I am hopped up on U2 excitement it is going to be a long week...But a Magnificent one!!!:hyper:..:wink:

i was mad that i was told to sit down 87 times when i was there. but it was fucking awesome. i was front row for basically everything today, except the taping, was in the balcony. was right there for U2 way in front of them, got Bono's autograph, then was there for that kick ass performance. money.

Awesome!! :up: I'm only slightly jealous ... :wink:

Great performance, Bono's voice was in top form, he sounded especially strong right before the falsetto before the solo :p

And is it just me or is Adam the coolest motherfucker on the planet? Seriously, he looked awesome. And I loved the bass he was playing.

Had a stupid grin on my face for the second consecutive night. Great performance. My only complaint would be about the bass. Did anyone else have trouble hearing it or was it my tv? Its such an important part of the song. Not U2's fault though and besides, Dave could certainly hear it

The Bass sounded amazing on my system.

And I believe it was Sam O'Sullivan, Larry's drum tech, for whom Bono said Happy Birthday at the end.

Did they do just the performance today? I didn't watch the show but was there anything else in the show "U2 related"?

yes there was

in my own paraphrase, David eluded the fact that U2 were rock Gods, epitomized the ultimate experience in rock and roll today

they hold the bar of rock and the level has just been punched up another notch

I hope all you East coasters realize what torture this thread is for us on the West coast! We need video now!!:D:hyper: Someone please take pity on us, and get yer booty on youtube pronto!!:hyper:

U2 way was cold. very cold. but pretty fucking cool to be there for that. like 5 feet away! ahh.

Magnificent sounds really, really good live, even though Bono had some rough spots. I used to find the song kind of annoying simply because the title bugged me, but now that I have heard the song enough times for the rest of the lyrics to sink in so that I understand what it's about, it doesn't bother me as much.

Back
Top Bottom