Letterman - Breathe Performance (3/2/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the comment from one of the YouTube people: "I find it annoying when the live version is much better than the album..."

If you're going to have a complaint, that's a pretty flattering one to have!

I love the comment from one of YouTube people: "I find it annoying when the live version is much better than the album..."

If you're going to have a complaint, that's a pretty flattering one to have!

I almost always end up prefering live versions to album versions, no matter what album. I just like the raw vitality of a live performance (and the fact that they often alter the song a bit), rather than the more antiseptic sound of studio, where you know all the parts weren't simply played all together at once, but were put togther from various takes, edited, overdubbed, etc.

BTW, any news on what they played for the second Letterman night?

"Breathe" is the album's 'grower.' At first I thought It was the one track I almost hated, then it was just OK, then I liked it - Now it's my most-played track and I'm fucking nuts about it.

Will be the live highlight of the tour.

That said, I think it might be too complex a song for the next single. The haters in the press have their claws out since Boots fizzled and are dusting off those "U2 are irrelevant" articles they've had ready since 1987. The band could use a big hit fast to keep the album going strong after it debuts at #1. I'd go with "Magnificent." It's great and is very accessible.

I'm guessing we may also hear Beautiful Day or Where The Streets Have No Name. They may not play Horizon songs all week. Maybe we'll get a bit of a medley at some point...

If they're seriously going to try to do a stadium tour in a recession, without a hit single, then they definitely need to push the new album whenever they can, no? Here's hoping for 5 nights of NLOTH! :heart:

They did and was that phenomenal or what? :hyper:
Bono's voice was great and The Edge rocked it. :up::up:

David Letterman told Adam he could feel that in his chest.

That was really, really great. I've got to play it back again.:drool:

ohhh...can't wait! :drool:

Back onto the music, I thought the Letterman performance of Breathe was mighty fine. Wow Bono's voice is getting very high pitched though. Of all the other rock bands I follow, I can't think of any where the singer's voice has undergone a progression like Bono's over the years. Right now his voice is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom