Letterman - Breathe Performance (3/2/09)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a searing, virile performance. Will this be another set of songs that end up sounding better live than on the studio album?

I wonder if the band pulled another Pop, not giving themselves enough time to practice and let the new songs coalesce before recording?

I got chills.
are they multiplying?
1978grease030.jpg

wow, what a way to launch the new album in the U.S.

they'll be talking about that performance for decades, well at least until tomorrow nights performance anyway

Such a difference between London and New York, right there.
Jonathan Ross, when he went in the crowd people just looked on - far too cool...
Letterman, I got chills! First time the song really took off, best live performance of the whole Promo Tour... The NY ad-libbing was ace!

London :down:
New York :up:

One of the things I love about this performance is you ran tell that every one of the band members believes in the music. Just watch Edge get totally lost in the guitar :D

Did anyone else think that David Letterman wasn't too bothered about them being there? I noticed how he approached them at the end of their performance and thanked them, but he just didn't seem that happy or really care. I got the feeling that he wasn't a fan and doesn't want them to be there every night...

I got the opposite impression...I thought Dave's introduction was awesome.:up:

Did anyone else think that David Letterman wasn't too bothered about them being there? I noticed how he approached them at the end of their performance and thanked them, but he just didn't seem that happy or really care. I got the feeling that he wasn't a fan and doesn't want them to be there every night...

Haha Letterman is just like that to all of his guests.

I swear to god this is the worst song U2 have ever done. Lyrics are shocking and the melody is pathetic. Just watched the performance on David Letterman and needed to puke into a bucket. When Bono sings the Lyric breathe I just cringe :no:

I swear to god this is the worst song U2 have ever done. Lyrics are shocking and the melody is pathetic. Just watched the performance on David Letterman and needed to puke into a bucket. When Bono sings the Lyric breathe I just cringe :no:

Really, wow. Worst song?

Yep lol... I just don't get this song at all. It is so bad its not funny. Anyway no more bagging Breathe for me. I'll be good from now on...promise :D

Take a look at the lyrics and think.

Back
Top Bottom