Let's talk these new leaked demos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:
I can’t believe this thread even exists. The day after I posted the clips here and found people were taking it serious (IE that they may be specifically for the new album.) I explained the nature and context of my post and had the clips deleted by the Mods. Go back and read through that thread. Honestly that should have been the end of it IMO. I’m not a newbie here, why would I come here and try to perpetuate some huge elaborate hoax? I wouldn’t and I didn’t. Thanks for the negativity at me by some, you did not read or understand the context and my explanation in the other thread obviously or simply chose to ignore it. I posted a shorter clip of the same on another site previously with almost no reaction. So it was not even a new clip to the net!

The clips are U2 working on new material. I’m not offering any further detail. Hypothesize, downplay, doubt and speculate as much as you want. I am not planning to post any other clips. Why on earth would I at this point? It appears by some of the recent posts it would bore a lot of you anyway. It is not Melbourne 97 after all! :wink:

Moving on.

You're such an insider.

One last time.

I posted to clarify again as there was a new thread devoted to what I had posted and was misconstrued. That is it. You can all think what you want, but you are flat out wrong if you think I posted again to stir things up.

I'm not trying to play a victim. But I cannot believe the animosity and/or rudeness that is conveyed when someone has something or posts something you do not have. You are right, U2 fans here cannot handle things. I should have known better.

Honestly, I have all kinds of U2 material, so do a lot of people I know, some of them even posted in this thread. I posted a clip in jest on the thread of something I HAD POSTED BEFORE on another site! It was out there. I clarified right away that I was kidding about it being part of the new recording sessions. Honestly, I do not know what will be on the next album. I don't think the band could tell you at this point. I'm not saying or even implying I know anything about what U2 are doing right now in the studio or that I'm connected with what is going on right now.

U2 fans can be some of the best on the planet. But we can be some of the most "I'm entitled" bunch of jerks also. Maybe I did not handle this the best. But I'm telling you, A LOT of you completely overreacted to it also and are really making accusatory statements about me that simply are not true and are ridiculous.

Lesson learned. :wave:

I think the problem was, you clarified you were kidding, but didn't actually clarify where the music came from. So even though people knew you weren't suggesting it was gonna be on the next album, or was the next single, we still knew nothing about it, and it was still all-new music.

So it was only natural for people to be curious. I may be wrong about this, but the general reaction from people here (and on other sites) seemed to just be one of curiosity and excitement (which is fair enough because, hey, new u2 material). You may have clarified you were joking about it being new, but it was still unheard of to us - and without any further details, for all we knew it still could or can be new.

Regardless, it was very cool of you to post the new material, and i don't think you were doing it to wind any of us up. I just think it could've helped to explain where the material came from, or if you can't, at least explain that you couldn't, because without doing so (and i'm sure you didn't intend this) it made you seem deliberately evasive, as if you wanted us kept in the dark, unable to find out what these tracks were.

I don't think anyone minded that is was all a joke. But telling us it was a joke didn't stop it being a mystery where these new tracks came from. We were just curious... if you had told us the source (or told us that you couldn't), that would've been the end of it, but there was no... 'resolution' to the question. I think just clarifying the source is what everyone wanted!

One last time.

I posted to clarify again as there was a new thread devoted to what I had posted and was misconstrued. That is it. You can all think what you want, but you are flat out wrong if you think I posted again to stir things up.

I'm not trying to play a victim. But I cannot believe the animosity and/or rudeness that is conveyed when someone has something or posts something you do not have. You are right, U2 fans here cannot handle things. I should have known better.

Honestly, I have all kinds of U2 material, so do a lot of people I know, some of them even posted in this thread. I posted a clip in jest on the thread of something I HAD POSTED BEFORE on another site! It was out there. I clarified right away that I was kidding about it being part of the new recording sessions. Honestly, I do not know what will be on the next album. I don't think the band could tell you at this point. I'm not saying or even implying I know anything about what U2 are doing right now in the studio or that I'm connected with what is going on right now.

U2 fans can be some of the best on the planet. But we can be some of the most "I'm entitled" bunch of jerks also. Maybe I did not handle this the best. But I'm telling you, A LOT of you completely overreacted to it also and are really making accusatory statements about me that simply are not true and are ridiculous.

So you're an insider, but not really an insider?

JamietheEdgefan said:
I think the problem was, you clarified you were kidding, but didn't actually clarify where the music came from. So even though people knew you weren't suggesting it was gonna be on the next album, or was the next single, we still knew nothing about it, and it was still all-new music.

So it was only natural for people to be curious. I may be wrong about this, but the general reaction from people here (and on other sites) seemed to just be one of curiosity and excitement (which is fair enough because, hey, new u2 material). You may have clarified you were joking about it being new, but it was still unheard of to us - and without any further details, for all we knew it still could or can be new.

Regardless, it was very cool of you to post the new material, and i don't think you were doing it to wind any of us up. I just think it could've helped to explain where the material came from, or if you can't, at least explain that you couldn't, because without doing so (and i'm sure you didn't intend this) it made you seem deliberately evasive, as if you wanted us kept in the dark, unable to find out what these tracks were.

I don't think anyone minded that is was all a joke. But telling us it was a joke didn't stop it being a mystery where these new tracks came from. We were just curious... if you had told us the source (or told us that you couldn't), that would've been the end of it, but there was no... 'resolution' to the question. I think just clarifying the source is what everyone wanted!

I'm 200% with you! A short explanation and voila!

One last time.

I think you're really missing the point. Unless I'm missing something no one is upset that it was a "joke", no one is upset because they thought these were definite songs for the next album. People just wanted to know the source, that's all. It's only natural.

Anytime anyone leaks new info or breaks a story, the public wants to know the source. Context brings legitimacy, that's just how it works. Being evasive or flat out ignoring that brings distrust. I'm sure you have your reasons, but honestly I can't think of one off the top of my head, for not telling, but don't play victim about it. You introduced new music to the public, and the fact that you aren't willing to explain it's context looks shady to people. :shrug:

It's mainly just confusing. Blue Room, you seem to deny the legitimacy of these clips as something interesting, but by their very nature they are interesting. They're unreleased clips. Even if they're not guaranteed to be on the next album, they definitely sound recent, and U2 don't tend to work on music (even in its early stages) without any even far-out goal of it reaching another stage. So I personally am just left incredibly confused by this.

It's mainly just confusing. Blue Room, you seem to deny the legitimacy of these clips as something interesting, but by their very nature they are interesting. They're unreleased clips. Even if they're not guaranteed to be on the next album, they definitely sound recent, and U2 don't tend to work on music (even in its early stages) without any even far-out goal of it reaching another stage. So I personally am just left incredibly confused by this.

This is 100% my reaction. It IS new. I mean, I don't know what year it's from (and I'd love if you could share just that btw) but it's U2 material I didn't have. I'm excited to have it now. I'm sorry if you suffered any animosity, but again, I'm psyched that I got a little taste of more (new) U2!

To add on to what others have said in the last few posts, I think calling people "entitled" is completely missing the point. Save the "entitled" stuff for when people are whining about tapers not sharing shows or something.

Not for expressing completely unsurprising curiosity and excitement about little clips you shared, joke or no.

Don't be that confused. U2 always work on music in early stages during soundchecks, which, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that this is from a soundcheck, again, not even necessarily from the 360 era, but any era from Elevation onward. I said that before and I stand by it. U2 like to just jam sometimes before concerts, and this could very well be (and likely might just be) a soundcheck jam.

Don't overthink this. This is not Salome 2012 as some people have said across the interwebs.

I think you're really missing the point. Unless I'm missing something no one is upset that it was a "joke", no one is upset because they thought these were definite songs for the next album. People just wanted to know the source, that's all. It's only natural.

Anytime anyone leaks new info or breaks a story, the public wants to know the source. Context brings legitimacy, that's just how it works. Being evasive or flat out ignoring that brings distrust. I'm sure you have your reasons, but honestly I can't think of one off the top of my head, for not telling, but don't play victim about it. You introduced new music to the public, and the fact that you aren't willing to explain it's context looks shady to people. :shrug:

To add on to what others have said in the last few posts, I think calling people "entitled" is completely missing the point. Save the "entitled" stuff for when people are whining about tapers not sharing shows or something.

Not for expressing completely unsurprising curiosity and excitement about little clips you shared, joke or no.

exactly :up:

Don't be that confused. U2 always work on music in early stages during soundchecks, which, if I were a betting man, I'd bet that this is from a soundcheck, again, not even necessarily from the 360 era, but any era from Elevation onward. I said that before and I stand by it. U2 like to just jam sometimes before concerts, and this could very well be (and likely might just be) a soundcheck jam.

Don't overthink this. This is not Salome 2012 as some people have said across the interwebs.

it might be a soundcheck, but then, why keep it a secret?

seems unlikely that whoever recorded this would want it kept a secret were it just recorded from within a stadium with several hundred others..

popacrobat said:

It may be a soundcheck, but I am 99% sure it's from 360, based on Bono's voice. To my ears, it really sounds like 2011/2012 Bono, honestly, but I'm not positive. It's almost certainly an IEM recording, which does lend itself to the soundcheck theory. However, U2 didn't soundcheck at stadiums very often in 2011, probably because of the operation they had going in Winnipeg. Furthermore, people are almost always present for soundchecks, and since these shows were in stadiums, I would expect to have heard about these fragments before. It's also possible that U2 use an IEM system in studio (I'd say likely), but I don't know.

All of my theorizing may be completely incorrect. However, to me, this sounds recent enough (judging by Bono's voice) to make me curious and confused.

The clips are U2 working on new material. I’m not offering any further detail. Hypothesize, downplay, doubt and speculate as much as you want. I am not planning to post any other clips. Why on earth would I at this point? It appears by some of the recent posts it would bore a lot of you anyway. It is not Melbourne 97 after all! :wink:

Moving on.

Moving on. :lol: It's like a drive-by teaser.

This is the problem isn't it? If the source is boring then we will classify it (some older material) and that's the end of the controversy. By leaving it hanging where and when the material is from leaves the mystery which keeps people talking. If it's as recent as the 360 tour then technically it could be early sketches on what will be on the next album which will exactly interest hardcore U2 fans.

I can’t believe this thread even exists.

Where the album has no name is exactly for this type of stuff.

See, some of the posts I did read were very negative claiming that if it was a joke someone might get hurt or in trouble, something like that. They were not all of the curiosity type questions that some of you are saying, which I do and would understand. I clarified again to the people that appear to have been "offended" by me joking about this in the other thread and offer as much of an explanation as I want to. I figured trying to clarify that again was better than just letting the thread go with no response at all. I was not trying to upset or offend anyone and that was my point and I certainly did not intend for it to spiral into all this garbage. I did not come to this thread to stir things up again, like some of you accused me of. I wasn't trying to stir anything up to begin with! I posted further here and my response was not good enough for some of you, so again, it got somewhat negative (even though some of you claim it wasn't). That tone is definately there or is blatant whether you want to admit it or not. That is what I mean by entitlement. Like you are entitled to more information or you are going to be derogatory if you don't get it. I offered my explanation and that is not good enough for a lot of you.

I'm not offering any further information, I said that several times. I do not know how much clearer I can be. I have my reasons and I do not need to explain them to you at this point. Sorry if you think I'm a "troll" for not giving you all the info you desire. But there it is.

Fire away. I'm going to TRY to avoid this thread now or at a minimum not post anymore in it (I don't want to continue to "stir things up").

:doh:

Ummmm, Blue Room handed his demo CD to the Edge after he put his gun (Gibson Explorer) to his head and say: "Blue Room, if you continue to post these new clips on the internet, I'll tell everyone here that the delay of the new album is your fault! Stop now! :angry:

"One more thing...if you respect me, I guarantee we'll record a new song in your honor!" what do you think about "The return to your blue room"? :sexywink:

Ok, That's all folks!

See, some of the posts I did read were very negative claiming that if it was a joke someone might get hurt or in trouble, something like that. They were not all of the curiosity type questions that some of you are saying, which I do and would understand. I clarified again to the people that appear to have been "offended" by me joking about this in the other thread and offer as much of an explanation as I want to. I figured trying to clarify that again was better than just letting the thread go with no response at all. I was not trying to upset or offend anyone and that was my point and I certainly did not intend for it to spiral into all this garbage. I did not come to this thread to stir things up again, like some of you accused me of. I wasn't trying to stir anything up to begin with! I posted further here and my response was not good enough for some of you, so again, it got somewhat negative (even though some of you claim it wasn't). That tone is definately there or is blatant whether you want to admit it or not. That is what I mean by entitlement. Like you are entitled to more information or you are going to be derogatory if you don't get it. I offered my explanation and that is not good enough for a lot of you.

I'm not offering any further information, I said that several times. I do not know how much clearer I can be. I have my reasons and I do not need to explain them to you at this point. Sorry if you think I'm a "troll" for not giving you all the info you desire. But there it is.

Fire away. I'm going to TRY to avoid this thread now or at a minimum not post anymore in it (I don't want to continue to "stir things up").

I'm sorry that this has been so stressful for you. I feel like you and I are reading different threads. I'm not sure I've seen the posts which thought you were a troll. I have and do just hear everyone wondering how new the new U2 material might be... and expressing genuine confusion about your comment that it was all a joke. I still don't get that.

Anyway, thanks again.

Sorry if you think I'm a "troll" for not giving you all the info you desire. But there it is.

fwiw, i don't think you're a troll for not wanting to give out information - that's not the problem at all! what i had a problem with yesterday, was you posted implying you had other clips, but then admitted you hadn't - that was pretty strange and a bit confusing really, and DID make it look like you were trolling actually, by pretending to dangle bait and then being evasive, and later admitting there were no other clips...

here's how that aspect of the conversation went:

The clips are U2 working on new material. I’m not offering any further detail. Hypothesize, downplay, doubt and speculate as much as you want. I am not planning to post any other clips. Why on earth would I at this point? It appears by some of the recent posts it would bore a lot of you anyway.

so... do you have any other clips? :hyper:

and by saying

"I am not planning to post any other clips. Why on earth would I at this point? It appears by some of the recent posts it would bore a lot of you anyway"

you're implying there are other clips which you won't post here now boo hoo dot com :D

Ok, there are no more clips. Does that make you happy?

thanks! but why imply that there are then??

that's the definition of trolling to me...

hope that's clearer now...

i just can't get my head around why someone would imply they had more clips and then say they hadn't... why bother making stuff like that up?! oh well!

and, fwiw, i actually felt sorry for you, Blue Room, after you posted the clips, because it was like you were suddenly in over your head, and i wouldn't have enjoyed being in your shoes either! but your posts yesterday have left me a little confused... but never mind...

Man, coming out of a few years absence and I find chaos! These clips sound REALLY rough, but they DO sound very recent. Bono sounds really fragile.

Back
Top Bottom