Let's talk about Adam.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asr

Acrobat
I really feel that he so rocks on this album to the point that it's as if he is possessed by John Entwistle. Especially on 'Iris' where his sounds the busiest. Although his bass playing owned NLOTH, SOI makes Adam sound AWOL on the former. I swear, in my opinion, all four members are on their A game on this one.

They really are. The rhythm section is just so strong on this album - Larry and Adam really shine on "This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now" too. Adam has a great bass lick on that one and Larry has some great hi-hat work going on. Raised By Wolves has some War like drumming going on that sounds great. The bass line on Volcano is simply badass :up:

Agree with both! My other favorite Adam songs beside 'Iris' are RBW, TIWYCRMN, and of course...'Volcano.' :drool:

The whole band sounds incredible on TIWYCRMN. I can't think of other songs at the moment.

Favorite Adam songs - TIWYCRMN, Iris, and Volcano.

The whole band sounds incredible on TIWYCRMN. I can't think of other songs at the moment.

Favorite Adam songs - TIWYCRMN, Iris, and Volcano.

Agree with all 3 of those songs.

#Adamisaboss

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He has some really groovy bass lines on this record, especially in the aforementioned TIWYCRMN.

Great stuff from both Larry and Adam all around.

Wanted to dig this thread back up, because Adam, again, brings the fire on the bonus tracks. Listen to Lucifer's Hands loud - that bass is dirty. Adam is playing better than ever.

Man, I listened to all the new song and I especially concentrated on the rhytmic. Larry delivers some very, very good drumming, not dumb smashing drumming, he plays it like a real musician.

Regarding Adam - he owns this album compeletely. While Edge is on his lowest guitar point of his career, it is time for Adam to shine. And he does! He is the boss! It´s his best album ever. He has his strength and rawnwess of the young years and cleverness of his later career. Whatta combination! Whatta album! Whatta bass player! :applaud::applaud::applaud:

Wanted to dig this thread back up, because Adam, again, brings the fire on the bonus tracks. Listen to Lucifer's Hands loud - that bass is dirty. Adam is playing better than ever.

Dirty. Bass.

Oh how my inner PLEBAn is dying to comment.

But yeah, he's playing like he's got something to PLAY for. It's indescribable. I can not wait to see him live. :rockon:

Oh and put Lucifer before Volcano and follow that with Crystal Ballroom. It'll knock you out. Adam is quite literally KILLING it on bass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

You mean Miracle - the essence of generic 70´s stuff guitar playing? :doh:

Still more interesting than anything on HTDAAB. You seem to be making your argument based on the most obvious guitar parts, and ignoring the subtlety, and additional tracks in the mix. Which is funny because you just lambasted the Miracle for being generic (I'm assuming because it is a big, power chord figure?).

Back
Top Bottom