Let's Just Hope The New Album Has...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An epic Anthem with soaring lyrics and atmospheric music like 8:30 long

I find it really hard to listen to that album without remembering how utterly stupid and ridiculous that movie was.

yeah it was pretty bad.. try not to think of it.. the music is worthy of our attention

Sometimes old ideas are better than new ideas.

Not in no line's case... but yea. New ideas can suck.

:tsk: Just like a Giants' fan.

Much of NLOTH sounds fresh to my ears. And those that do sound familiar, e.g., Magnificent, are still different enough. I mean, most of JT sounded the same so what's wrong with one song visiting something from U2's past.

Fortunately, you redeemed yourself (but not the Giants' part) with this:

Why do people give a shit if songs written decades apart by the same band have a similar vibe to them?

I mean... it's the same fucking band. They're going to have some similarity in style throughout their history.

Okay... some songs sound like they could have been on other records. Okay... no shit. The fucking point shall be forthcoming?

I fully agree. :up: By default, U2 will sound like U2. The fact that U2 have such diversity in their sound is wildly impressive. Have someone listen to "I Will Follow", WOWY, "Mysterious Ways", "Mofo" and MOS and see if they think its the same band. The only thing that gives it away is Bono's voice.

Going back to the theme of this thread - I still hope for color. U2 have tons of B&W images, time for some livelihood.

B/W photos: Boy, War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Zooropa (do those xeroxes count?), ATYCLB, HTDAAB, NLOTH.

Color photos: October, Achtung, Pop.

doctorwho said:
:tsk: Just like a Giants' fan.

Much of NLOTH sounds fresh to my ears. And those that do sound familiar, e.g., Magnificent, are still different enough. I mean, most of JT sounded the same so what's wrong with one song visiting something from U2's past.

Fortunately, you redeemed yourself (but not the Giants' part) with this:

I fully agree. :up: By default, U2 will sound like U2. The fact that U2 have such diversity in their sound is wildly impressive. Have someone listen to "I Will Follow", WOWY, "Mysterious Ways", "Mofo" and MOS and see if they think its the same band. The only thing that gives it away is Bono's voice.

Going back to the theme of this thread - I still hope for color. U2 have tons of B&W images, time for some livelihood.

The "problem" for u2 is that they follow up JT/RH with Achtung, Baby! Now, forever, everyone expects such radical movements between albums/incarnations. Ultimately, people need to recognize we are always discussing the same band.

Back
Top Bottom