Let's Just Hope The New Album Has...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would really like this look for them again, especially Bono, which was all too brief. I believe this was pre-ATYCLB, not long before the album was released. Bono's hair, the glasses, it all kinda makes him look like a professor. I don't mind his shades of the last few tours so much, but this is so much better, IMHO. As long as Edge doesn't go down the flannel road ever again, then I'm cool with him just the way he is.

34efasn.jpg

That's from 2002. Check the hair in the Electrical Storm video, it's similar. The glasses are the same one he mainly wore during the Elevation era, Bvlgari 519. These are clear, opposed to the blue and pink ones he usually wore. :wink:

Pre ATYCLB Bono had shorter spiky hair. And he wore those hideous thick rimmed shades.

Uh oh, someone's trolling :wink:

I don't appreciate comments like this, BVS. Adding a smilie does not vindicate the underlying sentiment. If you have a problem with my posts, you are most welcome to add me to your ignore list. But I do not want you responding to them. I believe the mods have already spoken to you about this.

Chill out, you've been here since 2009, that's long enough to understand the joke. Anytime someone mentions Bono being bald a part of interference explodes and kittens die, it was a reference to that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quit playing victim. Personally I think ignore lists are juvenile, but if you're a believer then by all means... :|

The most rock'n'roll thing U2 could do fashion-wise now is to come out on live TV -- like Saturday Night Live or something -- and play completely naked, as the Chili Peppers used to occasionally do.

One thing I can't stand is aging rockers who suddenly, as they hit middle age and flab approaches, start wearing jackets and blazers on stage in a feeble attempt to hide their pathetic physical condition.

Most importantly, a nude show would give Adam one more chance to "free willy".

One thing I can't stand is aging rockers who suddenly, as they hit middle age and flab approaches, start wearing jackets and blazers on stage in a feeble attempt to hide their pathetic physical condition.

Do you just hate blazers or just blazers on flabby people? What if they're skinny and wearing a blazer? Still the same hate?

I propose a cage fight to the death! BVS, gvox, nick and nipples.

Well Nick has the lower post count, he knows the TRUTH, and he helped Larry in a fight; so I'm pretty sure that guarantees he'll be standing at the end.

Nipples I'm sure would be second to last, I've heard those things can cut glass.

Gvox and I would probably throw a few punches, realize it wasn't worth it and then go buy each other a drink.

*The above was all said in fun and by no means do I advocate any kind of violence or ill will towards anyone. Furthermore I do not have anything against anyone's nipples.

One thing I will say, at the risk of venturing into PLEBAn territory of my own accord: Adam looked fucking awful during Elevation. He's aged very well since, however.

Haha, why do you say that? Adam has looked pretty good since Pop.

^^^Didn't Adam have his shirt off at one 360 show when it rained. He's a man who accepts who he is!!!

If U2 were touring now they should dress as the Avengers

Bono = Captain America
Edge = Ironman
Adam = Thor
Larry = Hulk

The most rock'n'roll thing U2 could do fashion-wise now is to come out on live TV -- like Saturday Night Live or something -- and play completely naked, as the Chili Peppers used to occasionally do.

Most importantly, a nude show would give Adam one more chance to "free willy".

If your avatar is you, then it's easy for you to write that (young, good-looking, in shape, blah). However, as you age, there's extra hair in new places; extra "spots" in new places; and extra rolls in new places. These are not always welcome events. I can readily say that it's far better to hide them than flash it before the world. No one needs their eyes ruined. :)

I have no idea what Adam may or may not have done to his face, :hmm: but black and white photos will always show lines and shadows more. Bono has definitely taken some wicked black and whites!

Haven't all three compilations' covers been Corbijn photos as well? That means we have six straight releases in the same exact style since Pop.

He didn't do the 1990-2000 one because that's just the buffalo picture isn't it? Plus the 1980-1990 one is a picture of the "boy" and I don't think he was responsible for that either was he?

hasn't anton corbijn done, like, everything they've done since they were riding horses in the snow? yea, don't think that's changing.

secondly... the glasses aren't going anywhere, either. but he should stop dressing like a schmuck. classy bono looks bad ass.

shadow_bono.jpg

see? that's bad ass.

third... bono appears to be regrowing his hair (plugs), which means only one thing... lots of hits!

fourth... what?

fifth... i had another useless point, but i forgot what it was, 'cause i'm all hopped up on cold & flu medication.

I'm all in for Bono in a suit. :drool: Damn looks good. And the whole GQ shoot, with all of them in suits? Epic, epic win.

Anton has done a lot of their official stuff, JT's cover, AB's cover, not sure about Zooropa and Pop, ATYCLB cover, Bomb cover. And most of the artwork.

He indeed was not responsible for the best of 1980-90, that's another shot for the War cover, with Peter Rowan.

I usually don't care at all about how the band dress and look. But them doing a whole tour in suits would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom