Last Letterman performance on Youtube: Friday 03/06 - Get on your boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, that song just seems so flat in a live format to me. Magnificent and Breathe were stellar live. Crazy Tonight was solid enough and will get better. But Boots just sounds terrible to me. Ah well, wasn't planning on looking forward to this one at my shows anyway since I consider it to be the only weak song on the album.

I don't know, that song just seems so flat in a live format to me. Magnificent and Breathe were stellar live. Crazy Tonight was solid enough and will get better. But Boots just sounds terrible to me. Ah well, wasn't planning on looking forward to this one at my shows anyway since I consider it to be the only weak song on the album.

I think it's great when they do a good performance... but like I said; Bono seemed tired this time, like he's sick of the song?

it's ridiculous for a 50 yr old to be attempting the dance moves he was making. i think the earlier performances were much better. easily the weakest of the 5

Defenitly the best live Boots so far. The ending in particular was great! How amazing is it that all of their performances for the Late Show were this good?! I mean all of them were spot on, the skits were great and so was the interview, that had everybody in the band giving cool answers. They came off confortable. That doesn't happen a lot. I think they felt Boots was not getting the word out enough about the new album so they put extra focus on these performances. I think this strings of performances were a complete success for them. Really great! And it seems like this was not the pre-recorded Boots, which makes it all even cooler.

Bono allready sounds like he actually doesn't believe what he is singing and the tour hasn't even started yet:rockon:

It was the best live performance of Boots to the day, but Bono's voice sounds as if he had a cold or something, a little bit nasal, not only when he sings, but also speaking, I started hearing it yesterday, it's being very cold in New York these days and they're even performing outdoors, so it's not so shocking.

It was the best live performance of Boots to the day, but Bono's voice sounds as if he had a cold or something, a little bit nasal, not only when he sings, but also speaking, I started hearing it yesterday, it's being very cold in New York these days and they're even performing outdoors, so it's not so shocking.

This performance was recorded Monday, so none of that makes sense... :hmm:

You sure? so, it could be he was tired from the plane, I didn't notice anything during the performance on Monday, I have also read that they didn't use the recording they made on Monday, I think I've read it on PLEBA from some fans who attended the show. I'll be happy if it isn't a cold, by the way.

You sure? so, it could be he was tired from the plane, I didn't notice anything during the performance on Monday, I have also read that they didn't use the recording they made on Monday, I think I've read it on PLEBA from some fans who attended the show. I'll be happy if it isn't a cold, by the way.

Letterman's Friday show is always recorded on Mondays. He doesn't even come into work. I thought he sounded tired that performance too. Especially since Breathe was fantastic....

I live in Europe, I didn't know they don't work on Fridays. I've been watching both performances back to back and I think you're right, they are wearing the same clothes on both, I have also noticed that the Boots one in youtube is recorded through Global TV360, maybe it's the TV take what makes him sound so different.

I must admit I'm a bit obsessed about colds at the moment, I've been through one that left me without any voice for two weeks.

It ain't Bono that's tired folks.

:Shhh: It's the song.

The performance was good. I just find that this is my least favorite track on the album. I see why they released it first and all--to kind of put everybody on notice that wasn't going to a "more of the same old safe stuff" album and it was very effective in that regard, but it seems like it was more about making that statement then putting their best song out there.

And now they're stuck having to play it all the time.

Just my opinion.

Bono may be tired (though he sounded fine to me), but Larry is still absolutely amazing in these performances.

1st performance where he got the lyrics at the end properly. Mostly slick and well done. Though his pulling his shirt on the "wars between the nations" part is the same as usual. Of course only big fans would notice that since we're analyzing every promo performance under the sun.

It ain't Bono that's tired folks.

:Shhh: It's the song.

The performance was good. I just find that this is my least favorite track on the album. I see why they released it first and all--to kind of put everybody on notice that wasn't going to a "more of the same old safe stuff" album and it was very effective in that regard, but it seems like it was more about making that statement then putting their best song out there.

And now they're stuck having to play it all the time.

Just my opinion.

They've been playing Pride at every show for 25 years, they can handle playing Boots for the what, 5th or 6th time.

Easily the best boots so far imo. It's getting a much more easy and natural sound. It seems like the guys are comfortable playing it now. The first few performances seemed a bit scattered and disjointed to me, but they're getting it down. :applaud:

And damn was Bono excited! :hyper:

:wink:

the song really does well live in the second half of the song, no matter what venue

indeed this was the second performance from Monday, and we know from others that the audience was a little "colder" due to the fact that stage hands informed them not to stand or give standing ovation

i dug the performace though

It was a solid performance. Nothing wrong with it all. However, it is ridiculous how many excuses people come up with for Bono's not so great vocal performances. He must be the only singer in the world who has a cold or is a little under the weather 365 days of the year. Seriously, the Bono apologists should wrap him up in cotton wool and be done with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom