Larry Drumming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So that's what Adam is doing in the band for 30 years...

This is starting to become fun, it's the same song on the first clip only from the band's room instead of the drummer cell, but it sounds like the beginning of the track whereas the previous video made sense as a finale, maube in a couple of weeks we'll get the middle, anyway sounds like a silly fun track...

:confused:

wait...i'm confused...there's a video that Adam filmed of Larry laying down a track with what seems to be a bassline in the background...is there a second clip of this song or Larry drumming or something? Any clarification? Thanks

Did anyone else notice the "exotic" synthesizer sound in this videoclip?
It's practically buried beneath all the noise from the drums but it's quite audible between 00:00-00:04 just before the louder bass guitar-line comes in. The bass keeps playing faintly throughout the clip as well, but perhaps that observation is far too obvious.

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/larrydrumming_april08.swf

Actually I'm not 100% that it is a synthesizer sound, might be a Persian dulcimer type of instrument called Santur. I saw that (probably) Brian brought one to the Coldplay sessions as well (Life in Technicolor clip).

I can hear a really clear synth sound for the last ten seconds our so after it comes out of the break. Nothing for the first four seconds though!

Yeah it seems like it, although I was able to view the clip once last night by clicking on the posted link, without being a u2.com member.

I found a Youtube link for you, Rob. ;)
YouTube - Adam Clayton ... while U2 plays on!

oh COOOOL! thanks very much Edge89 :)

I really like the bass riff and I think the drumming pattern Larry has going on here is going to be very cool...that second part he transitions into intrigues me...I'm just praying that some of this album will feature time signatures other than 4/4 :pray:

This is an interesting move on U2's part...they rarely release videos of this nature you know? like with the tea and everything...i dunno, it just seemed sort of weird, in a good way...it's a video that i wouldn't expect the biggest band in the world to make I guess :giggle:

anyway, with all video/news of U2 in the studio or basically anything regarding new material, I always get the feeling that I'm left desperate for more when either the video ends or I finish reading...Like for example...in this video, the camera almost strategically follows the tea the entire time, basically hiding everything else and covering up the majority of the screen... but every few seconds they tease you as something interesting flies by the screen...like those glass walls or whatever that surround Larry while he's playing, the red instrument on the right hand side of the video that appears to be a keyboard...that other drumset behind Larry (maybe just hold the camera on it for more than 1 second so I can just read the the type of drumset Larry's using??), the thing behind that drumset..the lighting in the beginning, that guy who is walking (and oddly enough, you can only see his legs!), and mainly just the general atmosphere that they're recording in, how big the room is... etc. etc.....

this sounds like a lot, but really it isn't...it would merely take a few seconds longer on certain frames, not such out of control camera work, and just a quick, 360 degree turn of the room they're in (that would take what...3 seconds maybe?)... the camera work almost seems intentional, like they want to leave the viewer with this incredible sense of mystery or something...I don't know :waiting:

But it's important to note that, with all this....I still don't expect more from the band as far as this goes...It simply frustrates me to have to watch this 5 times to make sure I don't miss anything, and I actually see and hear everything there is to hear. And it's the same story with the news...As I read I just enjoy every second of it because when I'm done I know we won't get anything for another week or something....

Ok we need a new album now....

Maybe they have the first single already chosen, and this is it...only they're giving us just snippets of it. We've heard just the drums, and now we've gotten a taste of bass. I would assume the next clip (if it were to come out), might have a slight sample of guitar/keyboards....followed by vocals. Just giving us clues to the new direction, or album/song, before August.

Otherwise, this is some of the most worthless shit ever posted by U2. Cause if this doesn't go anywhere, what is the point?

Yeah, you're probably right. Although I wouldn't put it past them to post worthless shit either. Maybe Adam has nothing better to do in the studio. :lol:

Oooh the seond clip starts to get interesting....but:

I would love it if they were giving us bits of the first single every few weeks or so as they progress on but i have to say, this doesn't sound much of a "song". To me its more of just goofing around with some rhythms or something, but who knows!?

Anyway going back to the first video i deffinetly hear that riff, i really hope something is actually 'happening' in these videos and not just them 'fooling around' for the camera.

anyway, with all video/news of U2 in the studio or basically anything regarding new material, I always get the feeling that I'm left desperate for more when either the video ends or I finish reading...Like for example...in this video, the camera almost strategically follows the tea the entire time, basically hiding everything else and covering up the majority of the screen... but every few seconds they tease you as something interesting flies by the screen...like those glass walls or whatever that surround Larry while he's playing, the red instrument on the right hand side of the video that appears to be a keyboard...that other drumset behind Larry (maybe just hold the camera on it for more than 1 second so I can just read the the type of drumset Larry's using??), the thing behind that drumset..the lighting in the beginning, that guy who is walking (and oddly enough, you can only see his legs!), and mainly just the general atmosphere that they're recording in, how big the room is... etc. etc.....

It is very funny how it is all about this green tea, i mean adam wouldn't just make a movie about green tea would hey and just 'so happen' to get some music in the background...

Also the thing that puzzles me is the camera work. I counted the camera cutting about five times, but the music in the background flowing smoothly as ever, the noise of the glass is still there which leads me to believe that adam is so sneaky that he is overplaying some of the recording on top of this green tea scene. And maybe he's covering up the camera to not reveal that they are not actually playing? or playing something different?

This is all i can make of it, and if somebody gets the flash video version of it in nice quality, you might be able to read the drumset and or get more details...

Maybe they have the first single already chosen, and this is it...only they're giving us just snippets of it. We've heard just the drums, and now we've gotten a taste of bass. I would assume the next clip (if it were to come out), might have a slight sample of guitar/keyboards....followed by vocals. Just giving us clues to the new direction, or album/song, before August.

Otherwise, this is some of the most worthless shit ever posted by U2. Cause if this doesn't go anywhere, what is the point?

What a bunch of whiners. Sheesh, so Adam decided to get out a video camera and just mess around with it. There's probably no "big idea" to these videos. Think of it as a video blog. Any of you have blogs with worthless sh*t on it? You post random stuff on your blog?, and maybe it's even a public blog that anyone can read. I post worthless stuff on my blog all the time. I'm glad I'm not in a famous band...fans would think I'm the most random person in the world.

Some of the people complaining about it, do you even pay into the site? To complain about the content you paid to see is one thing, to complain about something you got to see on youtube for free.. :waiting:

Clearly not many here really care that much about what Adam does is his free time. Maybe he just won't bother sharing next time.

Though there was a rumour he was going to look into the Adam forum on the paid forum yesterday about more suggestions for videos. You can blame U2.com subscribers if there's any videos about non-touristy places to visit in dublin, their studio, or how many bass guitars he has.

I liked the Day in the Life of Edge videos, even if there was no songwriting session stuff.

I'd rather this than nothing at all.

Back
Top Bottom