Larry done with his parts ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2 tour.de posted yesterday that Larry hasn't been in the studio for the last two weeks (unlike the other 3). They speculate he finished with his drumming parts for the songs.

Well...They listened back to the album just recently according to an Irish news website.

I know, however, that last Friday week, in Dublin, U2 listened to a rough mix of their album. Presumably, there was some celebrating in Hanover Quay afterwards." - Barry Egan, independent.ie

Adam's mystery date - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie
It could very well be that they're quite finished by now. Especially Larry since Lanois wants to start with building the foundation of a song which is the rhythm section.
At least that's what I think.

Larry was probably done a long time ago. Drums are usually the first tracks to get laid down. If Larry wasn't done, we'd be waiting till March.

It's probably a good thing he isn't there for the track selection process. :wink:

Thought it said "Larry done with his pants" :lol:

I could see Larry having no patience for the endless listening sessions, mixing, sequencing, etc.

But, I don't get it...Even if he thinks he's done with all his parts, shouldn't he be in the studio to just be there as a fourth member of the band. I mean, shouldn't he be there to help make all the decisions just like Edge? I don't understand this. :scratch:

And it worries me that Larry is so confident that he is not even showing up...there's always subtle things you can do!...ohh man...:(

But, I don't get it...Even if he thinks he's done with all his parts, shouldn't he be in the studio to just be there as a fourth member of the band.

Please God, NO. Back away from the tracklist-selecting couch slowly.

Why would he stop with that Rob33? The article just assumes he's done with recording of drums, not decisions about the album - surely he'll be around for that.

:corn:

Why would he stop with that Rob33? The article just assumes he's done with recording of drums, not decisions about the album - surely he'll be around for that.

:corn:

hmm...ok I guess I'm just overreacting to this news. I got the feeling from this news that Larry isn't really going for it this time. I hope I'm wrong :shrug:

Huh?:huh: Is he going to have a sex-operation??

:lol::applaud:

I must admit that as a theatre nurse who does sex change operations this is also the first thing that crossed my mind!!

Then I thought that there was news that he`d had a vasectomy.............:ohmy::shh:

Let the rumours begin.............:lol:

He`s probably only on holiday...........before the move to the South of France where the real work on track listing will begin :hmm:

sure he still needs to be around to create the music...a band generally doesnt construct an albumn in isolation. then again, 99% seems complete and they are prob just fine tunning the already recorded tracks.

hmmm....wtf....that doesn't make any sense to me :scratch:

Are you kidding me???.......What about that doesn't make sense???

Drum parts are almost always the first thing to be laid down and the first thing to be finished when any rock band records an album and I had a thread about a month ago in which Danny Lanois told a online magazine that the only thing left to do albumwise was to finish recording Bono's vocals

maybe it's not true :shrug:
or he wanted a bit of a break :shrug:
or he's been locked in the cupboard so the tracklisting is a peaceful process :shrug:

I'd leave it all to Adam :yes:

:lol:
Well...They listened back to the album just recently according to an Irish news website.

It could very well be that they're quite finished by now. Especially Larry since Lanois wants to start with building the foundation of a song which is the rhythm section.
At least that's what I think.

I love how the columnist from the Irish Independent called it Han(g)over Quay:lol:

Are you kidding me???.......What about that doesn't make sense???

Drum parts are almost always the first thing to be laid down and the first thing to be finished when any rock band records an album and I had a thread about a month ago in which Danny Lanois told a online magazine that the only thing left to do albumwise was to finish recording Bono's vocals

No I can understand that, but what doesn't make sense is Larry not showing up for 2 or 3 weeks or whatever it was...I mean just because the drums are finished doesn't mean Larry should just leave for 3 weeks...He's a musician, and a member of the band with opinions and ideas I'm sure that should be considered or at least listened to it seems...maybe not....it just surprises me that he isn't even showing up to the studio. :shrug:

Ok I`ve sussed it.

Larry has been banned from the studio after his video camera episode. He was starting to annoy the others by filming them `everywhere`...........:ohmy:

He`s now trekking round Dublin to show us the sights, Larry style! Let`s keep our eyes glued on U2.com for the next video..........:hyper:

Arghhh..............not football before music again. I wasted 17 years of my life on a man who put football first. Shame it wasn`t Larry........I wouldn`t be complaining :drool:

Back
Top Bottom