Lanois: Edge has a new sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think i heard "we're on the edge of a new sound" I don't think he was referring to just the edge. I think he means just the band as a whole....

It so exciting to hear that U2 are definitely going into a new sound!!!!:hyper:

The Edge's new sound is actually an amazing feat of artistry and technology.... 4 the first time ever, they have been able 2 record what a "man on fire" sounds like and route it through an amplifier!

It would be great if that clip was longer he felt like he had more to say about the U2 part but they didnt let him :)

Judging the Fez clips they seem to sound more rough, more rock and roll, more amp power, more distorted........................Maybe they finally turned a bit "cruel".............
Mixed to their usual melodic style, I think this album is gonna sound great. Maybe an increasement of that Love And Peace Or Else distortion, or of Vertigo's Crunch.....................:hmm:

Wow, that was so exciting to see them working on that new song! I soooo much hope the new album has that bit in there! I loooove chants and that sounded a little like a tribal chant to me. Pretty cool. :)

ACHTUNG BABY! I believe they have one more heavy album in them. One with 12 songs that are each a jewel. Thats what Achtung Baby was. Their best album full of great songs. So far they have not delivered. But I believe they will ACHTUNG BABY!!

prisz25 said:
i think i heard "we're on the edge of a new sound" I don't think he was referring to just the edge. I think he means just the band as a whole....

It so exciting to hear that U2 are definitely going into a new sound!!!!:hyper:
Agreed. Quite nice to hear.

I'm also more trusting of this take on creative innovations than Bono's ramblings last time about "punk rock made on Venus" and Edge's guitar sounding "like a dragon" and him extolling "Full Metal Jacket" when all it turned out to be was boring old, self-consciously cool "Vertigo".

Well i'd hope there is a new sounds...i think we all agree that the band needs to do something quite different now...and in line with u2 changing direction in the past...i think this album will give us something as different as Achtung was to JT...(but prob not as much as Pop).

Anyway, i'd wish they'd hurry up...or we'd get some beach clips to keep me happy...

It will sound like four guys in the Castle of Aaaaaggghhhhhhh.

( :reject: I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail Recently.)

i don't care about a new heavy album or something that sounds good coming out of my car stereo or whatever.

i want something that's more spiritually moving in the atmospheric sense...

maybe that's what the new passengers album will be.

corianderstem said:
Hmm ... then maybe Larry's new drum sound will be him clapping two coconuts together.

:hmm:

I hear he's practising by clapping Bono's and Edge's heads together for "Passenger part II".

shart1780 said:
So U2's turning into a screamo band.

Can't wait for Bullet to be reinvented next tour into a hyperactive screamo hardcore song with a killer breakdown or ten. Seems so U2, you know.

BULLET THE BLAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

Back
Top Bottom