Landlady Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may be one of the few that prefers the first half of the song to the last. The first half is just beautiful and transports me to a place. The last part is great, but not as moving as the first part.

I may be one of the few that prefers the first half of the song to the last. The first half is just beautiful and transports me to a place. The last part is great, but not as moving as the first part.
I'm with you on this. The last part is lovely but the first part is absolutely ethereal

I'm with you on this. The last part is lovely but the first part is absolutely ethereal

I like them both for differing reasons but the "to bring me back to you" hits me because I can relate to most of the outro's words so much. Still georgous song.

The whole thing is superb. And every female of the species I have played the song to just broke out into a smile at the 'I'll never know what starving poets meant/ cause when I was broke, it was you that always paid the rent'... it goes so far beyond just the rent though.

I've been listening to SOE so much this week. Little Things will always be my favorite on this album, but Landlady is such a special and romantic song. I love it.

I am absolutely horrible about interpreting the meaning of song lyrics so I'm turning to someone/anyone to explain to me what Bono means in the following: "How unswerving our devotion to the lies we know are almost true"

My wife and I both love the song, and the album for that matter, but we're both clueless as to what he's trying to say in the above. Thanks in advance to any insight you can provide.

I am absolutely horrible about interpreting the meaning of song lyrics so I'm turning to someone/anyone to explain to me what Bono means in the following: "How unswerving our devotion to the lies we know are almost true"

My wife and I both love the song, and the album for that matter, but we're both clueless as to what he's trying to say in the above. Thanks in advance to any insight you can provide.

I take it maybe that Bono had instances of infidelity accusations throughout his rock star career. “Yeah I could have done it but I didn’t”!

I always took it as those moments in a relationship when you say, pretend, act like everything is fine but you both know it’s not.

Back
Top Bottom