Kraftwerk Influence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstrdmonkey

Babyface
Anyone else hear a HUGE Kraftwerk influence on this album? It sounds to me like their neon lights cover really foreshadowed the overall feel of NLOTH. Especially in the Enoscapes and the group chant vocal sections.

Yes. They were a huge influence on the "Berlin" Bowie albums that Eno produced. I think the influence is pretty strong here.

I think there is a definite Eno influence here first and foremost, but I don't discredit that others such as Kraftwerk are buried in the album as well.

Magnificent, which is currently one of my top songs on the album, sounds a lot to me like an evolution of "Neon Lights" (and a little of "Levitate"). I don't mind at all, though!

Having all Kraftwerk's albums, I don't notice one lonely note inspired in this German band.

Big Kraftwerk fan, and I hear their influence in a lot of things, but no I don't hear any of it in this album. The electronic sounds I hear on this album seem more influenced by that suddenly resurgent and ubiquitous early-80s new-wave synth sound.

I'm a big fan of this german band and there are some soft influences of Kraftwerk on the new album, but no big deal. The biggest Kraftwerk influences in U2 are in the past, specially in Zooropa ("Zooropa", "Numb", "Lemon", "The Wanderer", "Daddy's Gonna Pay" etc) and the Passengers album ("Slug", "United Colours", "Always Forever Now", etc).

Back
Top Bottom