Just found release copy of NLOTH in Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovewontletmego

The Fly
Hope this is the right place for a thread on this.

Not sure how much news value there is in this, or if anyone will care, but a record finder friend of mine just got me a copy of NLOTH at Record Surplus, a store in Los Angeles. He's bringing me the CD tonight, so I can post pics if people are interested.

From what he said the disc has no surprises, simple jewel case, 11 tracks. No frills.

However, it's always nice to see them out in the wild.

Hmm, I wonder if it's a promo copy. Did he buy it used there? I see a lot of promo editions at my local CD shops.

Seriously.

My friend could be wildly off the mark, but it's pretty unlikely. And Record Surplus often gets things before the release as they are pushed through the distribution system. No idea how many they have, probably just a couple.

Okay, my friend confirms that it's regular release. Hole punch in UPC but otherwise, same as retail.

Should be in my hands in a few hours.

I got my media CD and it was standard.. nothing that made it look different. = on the cellophane, as people have said.

i think it was interesting that copies are already available - before the release

A week before Zooropa came out I went to Target. I thought I would just look through the U2 CD's and what did I find? A row of about 6 Zooropa CD's. It doesn't supprise me because apparently the stock boy/girl messed up and stocked some new CD's they just got. It was a very niceday:) I went back the next day to pick up a copy for my buddy and they were all gone.

Congrats to those that have an early copy I wouldnt mind getting my hands on one but I can wait till next week :)

Just got home with it.

Liner notes are mainly the pulicity photos we've seen this year. All black and white. Pretty underwhelming.

I believe they have more at record surplus, but they may not be available for purchase just yet. My friend got one because he knows the owner.

The Physical copy underwhelms, although I imagine that's because they have so many more elaborate versions. However, after the tepid response I felt tot he cover, I now think the image is pretty awesome and the front and back of the CD work very well.

Glad that you snatched an early copy, have a question for you, how is the sound on the CD, does it clip as the getmusic mp3s or does it sound better?

Just got home with it.

Liner notes are mainly the pulicity photos we've seen this year. All black and white. Pretty underwhelming.

I believe they have more at record surplus, but they may not be available for purchase just yet. My friend got one because he knows the owner.

The Physical copy underwhelms, although I imagine that's because they have so many more elaborate versions. However, after the tepid response I felt tot he cover, I now think the image is pretty awesome and the front and back of the CD work very well.

Now that you have the physical disc, try seeing if you can view Linear film online. Pop your disc into your PC and go to

https://www.pushentertainment.com/176

For Aussies..

Copies are for sale now in Sydney at JB Hifi and Red Eye Records as of 5PM Today. i actually didn't buy it as I'm waiting for the box set to arrive in a few days

Back
Top Bottom