Joe O Herlihy says U2 in Milan next year

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
According to u2place.com. Virtually guaranteed this will not be a stadium tour next summer, they did get a confirmation for (at least) one date in Milan and Rome.

Literally, he said : "See you next year in Milan, this time".

So it looks like autumn 2015 Europe dates.

But... but it can´t be in autumn!
I am having my hair done on that date.

Can´t they make it on an earlier season?
I heard Milan is very nice in Springtime.

Could he mean Milan as opposed to Rome and Turin? I want those May dates!

Probably unlikely :p

How many arena dates will U2 need to saturate demand in Milan? Fifteen?

How many arena dates will U2 need to saturate demand in Milan? Fifteen?

Imagine the rarities they could dig out :drool:

The main reason I am excited for an arena tour is the awesome setlist changes we got on elevation and vertigo on 3rd and 4th nights.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Imagine the rarities they could dig out :drool:

The main reason I am excited for an arena tour is the awesome setlist changes we got on elevation and vertigo on 3rd and 4th nights.

Maybe they'll even do Streets->Pride instead of Pride->Streets!

You know, they could do two European legs. They're not some little unknown band from Kyrgyzstan. Sorry to disappoint everybody here who thought this was a forum about some rockin' band from Bishkek.

Also, I'm not sure whether to interpret Joe's comment as "see you in Milan this time", i.e. the next tour will visit Milan unlike the last European tour (2010, which didn't go to Milan, though 2009 did), or "see you in Milan, this time [next year]" (i.e. in or near October).

I'm going to say May-Jul in US, then Sep-Nov in Europe.
If that's the case we shouldn't see a tour announcement until February. The band do seem very uncertain about the tour at this point, not knowing any dates and talking in vague terms.
Still, it will be interesting to see whose tour Live Nation announces in a few hours' time...

If they play Germany in May, I very much doubt they'll play Italy in fall.

To me, the comment read more like: This time we'll be playing Milan (which doesn't make much sense either because they played Milan on every tour).

No just cause the previous rumor was "cockamamie" and from a troll.

Um, I know Bono is a liar, but he's NOT a troll :angry:

Not this millennium.

Um, Barcelona 2009?

Anyway, here's another article in Italian:

Andrea Morandi: Confermato, U2 nei palazzetti e album tra 18 mesi

It basically says they are trying to set up to different sets at every city, one smaller one and one bigger one (though I don't know if they are talking about doing both during the same leg of a tour). Paris in May rumor is false, Songs of Experience (song title "The morning after innocence" is quoted again) should come out mid-tour in approx. 18 months time.

Then there's worrisome some stuff about eating tiramisù. :no:

Back
Top Bottom