Jay-Z's heard it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what puzzles me is why he wastes his time in this forum if he pretty much has his mind made up about the new album. Sorta makes me think his only reason for posting IS to talk trash and to rile everyone up. And what's with the creepy pic in his avatar?

^Agreed, it won't temper my opinion, but he only talked about people's expectations and how silly fans (or music listeners at large more likely) can get, not really what he thought (if he even heard all of it, final mix, which I doubt).

kinda sucks the album is clearly finished in july, yet they wont release it until the end of november for better sales numbers
Typicaly for any decent sized album release will takes 3 months minimum to prepare once the recording has been completed. Thats time used for mastering, manufacturing the physical product, artwork, promotional and marketing plans etc... .. so November is pretty much right on track :) cheers.

Typicaly for any decent sized album release will takes 3 months minimum to prepare once the recording has been completed. Thats time used for mastering, manufacturing the physical product, artwork, promotional and marketing plans etc... .. so November is pretty much right on track :) cheers.

Agreed. Folks underestimate the amount of extra-band work that goes into an album. Sure, it's not impossible for them to have finished recording in July and put a completed album out in August. I can do it in my basement that fast. Then again, I can't make a U2 album, nor can I put the book together, master well, advertise across the world, and plan the distribution to dozens of countries.

Back
Top Bottom