January release of WITS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pentax

The Fly
Windows will not be released until January to me January seems a long way off and putting it on the radio now and other people being able to get hold of a copy could jeopardise the Actual release.
So, could it be possible that U2 might have another version of this song to hand to keep the release alive. There were a few versions of ES around at the time of release.

Catman said:
Honestly, December 1st is a MUCH better release date for this song...

Well, they're probably finding that The Saints Are Coming has legs and is giving it the usual amount of time to perform as a single. Why double dip?

The problem is the slow release of the Saints single, it should have been out a month ago. and afaik there were 3 ES versions (demo/ulrick mix, band version, orbit mix), there are two window versions that are finalized (single & album versions).

Maybe this means that with U218 they'll finally make Saints a US single, which would be good then release WITS officially in January. Then it's hopefully a matter of months before new music? One can hope anyway.

They're filming a video for Window in Melbourne over this weekend. I've heard (from someone completely unreliable - I have no idea why they'd think they know this) that the general public will be involved. So if you're a U2 fan in Melbourne, keep your ears close to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom