It's time to get creative and unpredictable!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolbersu2

War Child
So the album is going to be released in 2009... ::hmm:

I'll just wait... Finally not a fall-album, that's fine. It's time now to be unpredictable! creative!!!
What about:
No band pic on the cover of the album!
A double album?
Releasing the songs as instrumentals and make a video of each song on the album (on dvd);
Create songs that last longer than 4 minutes or shorter than 2 minutes;
Not releasing remixes anymore? Release demos alternative versions!:macdevil:
Start touring in Australia/Japan! And not starting again in the US (sorry US)! The tour must be short. Or, better: don't tour at all this time and spend some more time in the studio and release a second album within a year (like Zooropa);
More Edge on leadvocals;

IN OTHER WORDS U2: MAKE YOURSELF INTERESTING AGAIN!!!!!:applaud:

And: Don't touch the POP-album ever by recording those songs again!!!!!! You ruined the beautiful 'Gone' on the best of 90-00 album.

This is the most important thing for the band to get out of, in the next ALBUM.

Creative and Real.

Yeah!

Unpredictability would cause Paul McGuinne$$ to have a stroke.

That is why they have delayed the Album, I am sure.

It was too different.

Now MacGuiness will work his magic to make it Bland before it's release in the new Year.:angry:

And: Don't touch the POP-album ever by recording those songs again!!!!!! You ruined the beautiful 'Gone' on the best of 90-00 album.

Is it bad that I kind of liked that version..? The addition of more guitars and Edge's vocals give it a brand new dimension...but I do love the Pop version as well...they're so different.

Is it bad that I kind of liked that version..? The addition of more guitars and Edge's vocals give it a brand new dimension...but I do love the Pop version as well...they're so different.

I may be one of the people quite disappointed with U2's post-Pop output in general (hell, you might as well make that post-Lovetown, really), but I'll go as far as saying the Best Of 1990-2000 version of Gone makes the Pop version look pretty bloody weak. I never listen to the Pop version, and if I ever need the album on CD, I'd burn a new copy with the Best Of Mix.

Though the Best Of Mixes of Discotheque and SATS can both go to hell.

David Evans, Adam Clayton, Paul Hewson, Larry Mullen are all puppets for Paul McGuinness.

WEIRD IDEA: Allow the fans to make their own tracklists from the unused songs.
This is based on the fact that U2 has about 40 songs in various stages of completion. NLOTH could ship with the twelve or so songs that make up the "core" of the album ("Moment Of Surrender," "Sexy Boots/Get On Your Boots," and what have you), but, with every copy, they could include a unique password and a URL. When the URL is typed in and the password is entered, it grants the user access to the "NLOTH Vault": a virtual storehouse for all the songs that didn't make the final cut. With these new songs, U2 fans could make their own versions of NLOTH, rearranging the order of tracks, removing tracks they weren't fond of, and including songs that they felt should have been on the album. Think about the potential: Were you hoping that Mercy would make the album? Download an MP3, and it did.
This ties into the second part of my idea: Have the NLOTH disc itself be some form of a CD-R, so listeners could actually put their NLOTH mixes onto the official album disc. There could also be a part of the site where you could make printable track listings that look like the official back of the album, but with your tracks of choice. And they could have alternate mixes and live versions as well! And-

...Yeah, I'm rambling. Sorry. :drool:

I'll go as far as saying the Best Of 1990-2000 version of Gone makes the Pop version look pretty bloody weak. I never listen to the Pop version, and if I ever need the album on CD, I'd burn a new copy with the Best Of Mix.

Though the Best Of Mixes of Discotheque and SATS can both go to hell.

I agree. The only thing I don't like about the Best Of mix of Gone is that they took out Larry's little drum fill before the bridge. Other than that, it's all better.

I would. But I've never seen them live.

I've seen them live and loved it, but I'm not the type of person who goes to multiple shows on a tour. I am, however, the type of person who listens to music every day. So i'd also rather get more frequent albums and less touring.

edit: I'd rather get less touring if that was the only way to get more fequent output from the band. If they could manage an album every year or two and still do their massive world tours, I would of course welcome that.

why not release what they have now in the form of all the seperate stems out fans to remix (like radiohead did with nude, and NIN has done with that last couple of albums.) then everyon can mix the album to their own tastes. u2 can pick their favorites to go on their version as b-sides. this way all the fans that want the songs to be more experimental can mix it up the way they want, and the ones that love bomb and atyclb can mix pretty much straight up, and have a nice pop album.

everyone wins. mcguiness can charge like a dollar per track, and then release the real album next year, and get paid twice (since we all know the bottom line is the biggest facotr with 'ol $ Paul.)

this way we don't have to wait anymore, and they can tinker with it all they want.
now that would be doing something they have never done before. :wink:

Creative means going out on a Limb...

Do they boyd want to do that in their 40s.

It is a long way back if the Limb starts to shake.

Back
Top Bottom